[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

People keep telling me about it's ebay value, but I kind of want to keep it...  I'm hoping I can convert a nice saddle to mount arkhan the black on the warsphinx using the necrosphinx wings! Not sure if it'll work 100%, but It's kind of a plan?

• LOVE IT! 2

• 3 weeks later...

That archregent looks really great, I really dig the pale, blue-ish look you got going on the skin - and I also love your basing on it. Would you be so kind and give me a hint where you get such fine sand for basing? It looks really awesome as its size works way better with miniatures than most sand I've seen used - hope you don't mind the question but there are so many talented people here I kinda have to ask and learn a few things... 

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

That archregent looks really great, I really dig the pale, blue-ish look you got going on the skin - and I also love your basing on it. Would you be so kind and give me a hint where you get such fine sand for basing? It looks really awesome as its size works way better with miniatures than most sand I've seen used - hope you don't mind the question but there are so many talented people here I kinda have to ask and learn a few things... 

I don't mind answering at all...

I've used bird sand. It's the type of super fine sand (often with some ground up sea shells in there) they put on the bottom of bird cages to act as a type of litter.  Costs next to nothing, but is indeed a lot finer than traditional modelling sand. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Elmir said:

I don't mind answering at all...

I've used bird sand. It's the type of super fine sand (often with some ground up sea shells in there) they put on the bottom of bird cages to act as a type of litter.  Costs next to nothing, but is indeed a lot finer than traditional modelling sand. 

Thanks so much for the help! I've looked into chinchilla (I hope that's how you spell them...) sand on amazon but didn't order it because I wasn't sure that the sand would be finer. Well, now I at least know that sand for birds is the perfect size! TY!

It was a super quick and easy paintjob... Everything was just painted in bone, drybrushed and highlighted, shaded with army painter dark tone and then the skintone was done with tamiya clear red. 

The whole thing was super easy to do. 

*edit* the nighthaunt were not a rushed job though... It's the subfaction that I'm really taking my time with and putting in a bit more effort compared to the rest. 

Edited by Elmir
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the endless spells are completely finished! I also set the white balance a bit better. The previous pictures balanced it very much towards the red end of the spectrum. These pictures with slightly lower lighting is more like they appear irl rather than bright lightbox: 

f8minm1.jpg

tjqdpEw.jpg

LDbVv0x.jpg

Also, the Archregent's base (and minor blood effects) are also finished: 

9gGoO07.jpg

byTFZVB.jpg

NBj95L5.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm kinda late for the party, but you really have an awesome theme especially for the skeleton and the morghasts! I'm actually working on something a bit similar, with some kind of blue/cold theme for my army, except that instead of having bone colored bone I'm going for black bones and using bright blue to highlight, for the moment I struggle finding the correct blue and also the metal color to go with it (I'm going for leadbelcher+runfang+drakenhof shade) I'll probably comes back often on your post!

Thanks for the inspiration!