[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

• Elmir changed the title to [GA: Death] The icy touch of death!
On 1/16/2018 at 10:43 PM, Elmir said:

I've just had 2 weeks off during the christmass holidays and managed to get these pieces of terrain from sprue to finished!

V3PbRy0.jpg

Let's hope that's going to lead to some fun wargaming in 2018!

Superb and...close to what I wanted to do ecxept that my SCE will probably look closer to this than my death army. But It inspired me for my new army. I've received my boxes just yestrdayt to build the entire army.

I can see in the picture above 2 cemetaries and one antic ruins (with obelisks). Where are the other ruins come from? (mostly the buildings from center to right of the image)?

Second question: could you please explain how you did the blue ghost effect? (what paint to use?) Is it aero brush or paintbrush?

Edited by GeneralZero

Those buildings are from the hobbit range (ruins of osgilliath).  

The blue was done with a basecoat of baharoth blue, airbrushed white of it, given a thinned down guilliman blue glaze and finally white highlights. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

as I've said before, these are so sick dude! Well done. 

Where did you get that backdrop from, if I may ask? 

http://corvusminiatures.blogspot.be/2010/04/cloud-backdrops-for-your-miniature.html

I had them printed on A3 satin photographic paper. did cost a penny, but they do add a nice flavor to the pictures imo. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Elmir said:

http://corvusminiatures.blogspot.be/2010/04/cloud-backdrops-for-your-miniature.html

I had them printed on A3 satin photographic paper. did cost a penny, but they do add a nice flavor to the pictures imo. 

Yes this is what I have been looking for. Thank you so much!!

Did you just download from the images, so the 46kb file or did you find a bigger file size anywhere? 

Working on more nighthaunt additions. 

I'm trying to avoid the "full lazy wraith" look, so I gave the hexwraiths a similar face to my knight of shrouds/cairn wraith. Crappy cellphone picture inbound!

ZWfSDp6.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, it 's done with a mixture of sodiumbicarb salts, PVA, water and white paint. It sometimes dries nice and chunky, but it did dry up a bit "gooey" as you put it. I'm hoping I can get my hand on some of the  new GW techical paint (vanhalla ice or something?) to fixes the patches that dried up poorly. 

11 hours ago, Hollow said:

Looks amazing. Great to see someone stick with a force and really grow it. What are your future plans?

Nighthaunt! Lots of nighthaunt! I've nearly finished a unit of 5 hexwraiths now that I'll be taking pictures off soon. They'll also be getting the similar blue effects like the small amount of NH stuff in this thread. 

But I also plan to increase the FEC (will need a lot more ghouls from the looks of things in AoS2!) and clearing out my "pile of shame" of Legions of nagash (still have to do a second VLoZD, another mortarch, magnetise a blood seeker/coven throne, add 40 more skellies,...)

So much to do if you are a dedicated death player now! :D

I've already started working on finishing some of my backlog of nighthaunt as well 

And as a sidenote, I'm working on a few nurgle models for a commission for a friend in our gaming group: 

gO5T59i.jpg

9xMOLPD.jpg

Edited by Elmir
  • Like 1

One of the most wonderful looking mixed death armies I have ever seen. Every unit has its unique flavour but it all ties together so nicely. As well as that, your mix of textures (the ethereal blue, the tarnished metal, the bone) all look excellent.

• Thanks 1