[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

• 5 weeks later...

Huh this one is really impressive. I am looking at it now for a longer time, so it seems appropriate to leave a comment for me. 😊Your paintjob is very good and clean up to even small details. 
The choice of colours together with the base fits very well. So in the end you created an outstanding diorama full of atmosphere and character. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Elmir said:

Worked on an Arkhan the Black conversion. With Mannfred soon getting done, all five mortarchs can be fielded at the same time!

ATXhgJ6.jpg

3dvBHC3.jpg

2cMv3VF.jpg

Ahhh, the white and blue ghosts are too clean! I I don't even know how you can get such finely done miniatures without at least one mistake...

3 hours ago, Virtus-XIV said:

Hi! Huge fan of your nighthaunt army. Had a quick question - what’s your process for the dirt/ground on your bases? I’ve been using Vallejo ground texture primed and painted with various browns but haven’t achieved a result I like.

I just use PVA glue the very fine sand they use in bird cages. It has little shells crushed in it, but it's super fine with the occasional chunky bit. 

I just paint it with vallejo scorched brown and just let the snow provide the contrast on it. You could drybrush it, but these days, I don't always do so because the grainy snow draws the eye away anyway. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added a few more elements to the nighthaunt: 

The two limited editions. 

7scvPtt.jpg

LTIkmwL.jpg

A conversion using the leftover parts: 

VzqwZVu.jpg

And finally, an attempt to speed up the painting for units that I definitely like the look of... But probably won't see much use. These glaivewraiths were suprisingly fast compared to the others, but still mix in well enough... Probably something I might explore further to flesh out the army more: 

ac7q4oM.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

I want a soulblight inspired town... So I'm going to make it out of foam. Foam building is pretty new to me, but I do enjoy it.

I've decided to go for manually cut bricks that get build onto full foam blocks for the first levels (I've not access to foamcore right now due to shops being shut down anyway). It's a longer process than using rollers or carving the bricks, but I'm happy to have put in the effort, as the final result does look nicely solid and aged/undead-ish!

Anyway... Pictures!

ODok1Vo.jpg

UCoX0Sp.jpg

One of my models for scale: 

UiAeyAA.jpg

Guarden of Morr size comparison: 

kAgiQBn.jpg

And finally, lifting the curtain a bit on how I go about painting things in a step by step: 

1rYcixf.jpg?1

YOX6UcJ.jpg?1

TJHwVC0.jpg?1

QTzl8DM.jpg?1

lSHPsq1.jpg

1VMhS7y.jpg?1

0VRFDC9.jpg?1

Last picture has the army painter dark tone quickshade applied (turpentine based)... Dries rockhard, but shiny. I do hope it can keep the foam save from the rigours of the battlefield though!

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Gratz on getting these featured on war.com.

Fantastic job on these. Love the way you’ve carried the theme through.

I especially like the use of the Necro Sphinx, shame they can’t bring them back, they fit the AoS aesthetic so well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1497653034_Mourngulprint.jpg.449adaded3516f4ae134ce36a3cd31d3.jpg

The next big project. 3D print from Fleshcraft Studios as a stand in for a mourngul. It's quite a large model, this is on a 60mm base (same as the Mourngul ofc). 

I decided to get this one as it matches the updated nighthaunt aesthetics more. 

• Like 4