[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

1 hour ago, Elmir said:

Long time no update! 

I've been keeping busy, and I plan on going hard on the OBR release too! I've experimented a bit with black bone on my Neferrata model: 

Big fan of your work! I'm thinking of painting my OBR in a black/grey scheme. How'd you do Neferrata's mount bones, if you don't mind my asking? :)

4 hours ago, Arcian said:

Big fan of your work! I'm thinking of painting my OBR in a black/grey scheme. How'd you do Neferrata's mount bones, if you don't mind my asking? :)

This is just black Templar contrast paint with a light Vallejo wolf grey drybrush. Nothing fancy at all. 

• Like 2

Grey-ish. 

I started with a black primer and then hit all the skulls with white artist inks with the airbrush... That kind of made 70+% of the model a colour that resembled Grey seer a bit. I then used aethermatic blue and that spilled over it quite a lot too, giving it a blue/grey tint. 

Black templar covered most of it quite well though, but it did leave the highlights cold, rather than warm. I'd say the end result looks a lot closer to using Grey seer as a basecoat, rather than wraithbone. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elmir said:

Grey-ish. 

I started with a black primer and then hit all the skulls with white artist inks with the airbrush... That kind of made 70+% of the model a colour that resembled Grey seer a bit. I then used aethermatic blue and that spilled over it quite a lot too, giving it a blue/grey tint. 

Black templar covered most of it quite well though, but it did leave the highlights cold, rather than warm. I'd say the end result looks a lot closer to using Grey seer as a basecoat, rather than wraithbone. 

Awesome, thank you! I don't greyseer. Just black, white, grey primers lol. Hopefully white will give a close results, I'll have to experiment. Maybe just black prime then hit it with some white primer, close to what you did? I do have an airbrush though

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2019 at 2:04 PM, Dolinarius said:

Did you made the tombstones yourself or did you buy them (where?) :)

I picked those up during a big Wargame convention called Crisis in Antwerp, Belgium. I believe they are from a company called renedra .

• 4 weeks later...