2k Verminous Tournament List

Dead_Ghost

So, have decided to go to a tournament later this year. Looking to get any feedback on the list that I can!

* Verminous Clawpack
* Sayl
* Tretch
* Verminlord Warbringer

* Stormvermin (30)
* Clanrats (30 spears)
* Clanrats (10)
* Clanrats (10)

* Stormfiends (3 warp fire)

* Warpfire thrower
* Warpfire thrower
* Ratling gun

Which leaves me with 140 points.
What to do with them?

* Chaos Sorcerer
* Warlord
* Jezzails

Content, critique and suggestions are most welcome!

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's definitely a powerful ability.

Now what to do with a leftover 40 points! :D

Question: do I take tretch or the warlord as my general?

If tretch is the head of the clawpack (and not the general), does that give him choice between to two command abilities?

• 4 weeks later...

Your list is illegal, the head of the Clawpack has to be the Skaven Warlord unit, not a hero with the Skaven Warlord keyword. This was FAQ'd some time ago (made me sad as I had Snikch in my Eshin Clawpack)

Also make the warbringer the general, warlord can still use its command ability because of the Clawpack 

The obvious choice for your 140 points is an arch warlock, they're amazing and should be in every Skaven army imho

good luck!

The Verminus Clawpack is also not actually a legal formation anymore due to the weapon teams names changing. I would contact the tournament organiser and see if they are allowing this as I know some events are not.

The formation requires "Warpfire Thrower Team" which doesn't exist and is now called "Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team". Yes its as dumb as it sounds.

17 hours ago, Deathmaster Snikch said:

Your list is illegal, the head of the Clawpack has to be the Skaven Warlord unit

Worry not, got clarification on this from elsewhere - Have been running the Warlord as the head of the clawpack. Tretch has been the overall army general.

27 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

The Verminus Clawpack is also not actually a legal formation anymore due to the weapon teams names changing.

Oh, well that is an interesting point... 

27 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

Yes its as dumb as it sounds.

Yes, yes it is. 

Man this Is very similar to a list I use and it is brutal this are my suggestions:

1. Spend the 140 pts in an Arch Warlock, this will allow you to give mystic shield to your storm vermin and he is just too good for his points

2. I have mixed feelings with Tretch. As your commander it really bring your storm vermin to a whole new level, however you loose your lord of war command trait. Sometimes I believe it is better to put another warlord and have him be your general that way you can give your storm vermin +2 attacks and the +1 to hit , also if you use the warbringuer to cast his spell on them and have sail make them move to the front of enemy lines to charge , there is very little that can stand in the way of so many attacks.

basically you will have 120 attack most likely hitting on a 2+, 3+ -1 rend and each time one dies it attacks again

9 hours ago, Terry Pike said:

The Verminus Clawpack is also not actually a legal formation anymore due to the weapon teams names changing. I would contact the tournament organiser and see if they are allowing this as I know some events are not.

The formation requires "Warpfire Thrower Team" which doesn't exist and is now called "Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team". Yes its as dumb as it sounds.

I might be mistaken but wasn't there a GW announcement in the FAQ also that said that you could use any war-scroll/batallion ever produced? 

A good example of this is the skink patrol and the shadow strike battalions, as I understand it you can whichever you prefer.... Isn't that the case?

It depends. In tournament play you have to use the most up to date scroll and points cost. Otherwise you could use the 3-4 Warscrolls ago version of Kairos Fateweaver who gets an additional +2 to cast, can still change the turn roll and its 40 points cheaper.

1 hour ago, Terry Pike said:

It depends. In tournament play you have to use the most up to date scroll and points cost. Otherwise you could use the 3-4 Warscrolls ago version of Kairos Fateweaver who gets an additional +2 to cast, can still change the turn roll and its 40 points cheaper.

Got it! Thanks for the clarification! 

Also ypur army is amaysing I am a bog fan of it!

On 6/29/2017 at 3:24 AM, Terry Pike said:

A) Seems to me that may have been more of an initial typo than a changed name since every other team apparently started out as "blah blah weapon team"

B) But even so, i don't think it is correct to say it is a illegal formation because the formation only requires 3 weapon teams of any of the types, then listed out in the formation.  The only names that have changed are the two that appeared in the Spire of Dawn Box, Warpfire Thrower Team to Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team and Plague Morter to Posion Wind Morter (and I admit that's more significant a name change than the change to weapon teams); so even if someone was being a stickler about the names, one could still roll out with a combo of three Doom-Flayers Weapon Teams, Ratling Gun Weapons Teams or Warp-Grinder Teams.

So this list might not be legal under that theory, but I think there's a way to form the formation in a way that would be. 

I messaged the TO for the tournament I'm hoping to attend later this year.

Pretty much was in agreement about it being a typo, as the main warscroll says 'team' and the GHB says 'team' it's only in the battalion description that misses it out.

Hopefully most TOs will have this attitude.

And like you say,@naflem, there are other ways to fulfil the requirements!

On 29/06/2017 at 6:55 PM, Dead_Ghost said:

Worry not, got clarification on this from elsewhere - Have been running the Warlord as the head of the clawpack. Tretch has been the overall army general.

Oh, well that is an interesting point... 

Yes, yes it is. 

It sucks, was having a lot of fun with this one before it was clarified 

Archived