Painting Contract - June 2017

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Badly. Two ard boyz and the Savage Big boss, which i guess is an ok start. Really don't like these ard boyz. Should've done the brutes...

Then just change what you're doing.

Put them away until later and get those brutes done. The 'ard boys can go stand in the back of the queue.

I'm probably going to modify my goals myself if I can manage to get through finishing these blue horrors.... I'm not feeling the vibe for the models I had proposed as my goals. I'm thinking the Cogsmith from Hammerhal or maybe some blightkings.

On 6/2/2017 at 11:33 AM, Treemonkey said:

Brand new here, but I love painting motivation.

I'll paint:

• 3 Flamers of Tzeentch
  • 1 Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch
  • 9 Kairic Acolytes (test model already done, 9 to go)
  • Ogroid Thaumaturge

Already started this morning, Kairics are primed and the Flamers are base coated!

Mid-month update:

3 Flamers and Exalted Flamer completed.

Kairics are all base-coated and 5/9  have some details done.

Ogroid...not yet primed.

Mid-month update:

3 Flamers and Exalted Flamer completed.

Kairics are all base-coated and 5/9  have some details done.

Ogroid...not yet primed.

The ogroid was a pretty quick paint for me. The runes were fiddly. But the large skin Surface area made for an enjoyable painting run on that model. [emoji4]

"Pro Tip" - Not attaching/ gluing the staff arm makes it easier to paint the right leg and belt area. (I didn't do that....it was not friendly not impossible ... just not friendly.)

(And the staff flames and large surface make for a nice opportunity for some lightly drybrushed OSL from the flames on the staff.)

Well, after much procrastination, I managed to meet my goals for the two months out of three, which will have to do, as Meatloaf said, it aint bad.

Anyway, here are the ard boyz, and may I never have to paint any of them ever again...

Firstly, a group shot of all ten...

ardboyz6.jpg.282afbfa1b7bf0bcafaeac7b81a73b1a.jpg

Next, the two handers. These were pretty annoying to paint fully assembled, lesson learned.

ardboyz7.jpg.fbd0885bbce2eac61374c7926cf9f2ab.jpg

Lastly, the Savage Big Boss. There are no tattoos yet as I can't decide on 1. the colour for them, and 2. an easily replicated design. Oh well, models are never really finished, right... Firstly, in all his tongue wagging glory

savagebigboss1.jpg.e00410f8e19bc6fa2056613af6e3ed29.jpg

and next, just to show off the blue and a bit of a different angle. 

savagebigboss2.jpg.55c0775d87a022d2f1e6c251d9f31856.jpg

Comments as always are welcome. Good luck in the last days of June!

Thanks @Praecautus. I would say it was a labour of love, but this was more a "lets just get through this and never speak of it again" moment. I am hoping to get a worn look, as they have been beaten down hard and forced from their normal hunting grounds into a world that is totally alien, resorting to almost gobbo like behaviour, having to shun the light of Hysh and only come out at night to hunt. Hence the janky (love that word) look, beat up, rusty, dirty. Be interesting to see what the brutes look like given this treatment, coz they are Augusts pledge (no July for me).

I think we all get that slog sometimes!

I have had a rubbish painting month, the skin on the skyfires isn't even finished. I will try and get them done in July them I'm moving back to ironjawz I think. I did finish the balewind vortex though, so pictures incoming. Gotta say the crazy hot weather really ruined some dedicated paint time, it just dried too fast to make anything up to scratch.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I made really good progress this month, completing most of my goals pretty early on. My Treelord is on hold as I really WANT to paint that one so I'm using it as a reward for doing other models first. I haven't quite finished the Treekin and instead of my bonus Eternal Guard, I'm doing Sisters of the Watch. They are like 60% done. 

My Pledge was: Ogroid Thaumaturge, Darkoath Chieftain, 2 Pink Horrors, 4 Blue Horrors and 3 Flamers of Tzeentch.

OgroidThaum.jpg.2b22255da3984ff41d53f900b1b39b2b.jpgOgroidThaum2.jpg.8e322f995f85824e75e4cfca5a9fc32d.jpgDarkoathChieftain.jpg.530e5ac92d6240f5df3fdb08df7be703.jpgPinkHorror1a.jpg.1abb72c81b776aef40f7e34845605efa.jpgPinkHorror1b.jpg.073961df70f8a70601f343b253d523bb.jpgPinkHorror2b.jpg.8e5bc9afc5acf9bef58e92c8ead53162.jpgPinkHorror2a.jpg.a0794b46377e40c49f016c1f51ab3d17.jpgBlueHorrors.jpg.f249e10f49ea404491d0aa70e96131b7.jpgFlamersOfTzeentch.jpg.15e4154b8bb7ae17efa9bdf2a3b78d86.jpg

I changed up my 'Stretch Goals' and completed the CogSmith, and an Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch instead of the Gaunt Summoner and crew.

ExaltedFlamer.jpg.d4cd30f1f62ca371d0593dd7c0ac6a33.jpgCogSmith.jpg.81b9df58ea136cb8fcbb1583e11d1a61.jpg

On 02/06/2017 at 8:18 PM, valenswift said:

This is my pledge for May: I've managed 3 Palladors, a Gryph Hound and a few of the Hammerhalh minis - I guess i best post some pics.

My painting went a little off course this month with a friend dropping £150 in Death out of the blue and giving me Nagash (base needs finishing) to paint for him as he's new to Warhammer. Also had a commission for some Blood Bowl Skaven and actually painted some of my own stuff - Knight Venator, Vexillor and Heraldor. More pics to follow....

Nagash.JPG

Venator.JPG

Skavenbb.jpg

sbb2.JPG

ssb3.JPG

ssb4.JPG

Archived