Painting Contract - June 2017

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for June 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Silver Tower, Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Gorechosen as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get the month started right, I'll start!

I'm working on finishing my Silver Tower set:

Ogroid Thaumaturge

Darkoath Chieftain

Pink Horror 2 (converted with book) (~50% Completed)

Repair and Complete 4 Blue Horrors

Finish 3 Flamers of Tzeentch (currently at ~80% completed)

Stretch Goals:

Grimwrath Berzerker

Gaunt Summoner

Knight Questor (painted in Anvils of Heldenhammer)

Is my entire army too much of a commitment?

Megaboss on Maw-krusha, Megaboss, Weirdnob, Warchanter, 20 Brutes, 10 Ardboys, 3 Gore-gruntas.

They're all in various stages of completion, but are about half finished overall. All need to be finished to tabletop standard in a week (!), but hope to go back and spruce them up for the end of the month. 

Just want the lads to look flyyyy

Well guess I will try to finish the following during June:

10 Ardboyz

1 Warchanter

It can be a challenge, but it's only just over 1 finished mini every 3 days. Sounds like an excellent way to get your forces of Destruction in order ... ha! Order ...

My skull cannon.  then a slaughter priest

then either 10 blood warriors or blood letters, doing either will make a battalion so I win either way.

Brushes for the Paint-God! They'll be great to see for that battalion.

Is my entire army too much of a commitment? Megaboss on Maw-krusha, Megaboss, Weirdnob, Warchanter, 20 Brutes, 10 Ardboys, 3 Gore-gruntas.

They're all in various stages of completion, but are about half finished overall. All need to be finished to tabletop standard in a week (!), but hope to go back and spruce them up for the end of the month. 

Just want the lads to look flyyyy

Take your before and after pics!

I am going to get through as many as these as I can.

kwiCokv.jpg

I have already painted the ghouls (back right) and hopefully will get through all the zombies. The dragon has been replaced by a supersized ghoul. If all that is finished, I will treat myself to the necromancer. 

Hhhmmm...here goes;

• Paint the Primaris Space Marines from the Dark Imperium box set ~ These will be Ultramarines & painted to a good standard.
  • Paint an Immortal Realms "Shattered Shard" ~ This is a big resin floating island that will be released on Kickstarter soon!!
  • Finish 3 Gore-gruntas ~ These are nearly done. Probably another 3-5 hours work. Painted to my highest standard.
  • Paint 12 models for mine & @Forestreveries #supersecretdoublesarmy ~ One test model is complete. Good standard.
  • Make a start on 10 Ardboys converted from Blood Bowl Orcs ~ Not sure realistically how much I'll get done. Highest standard.

Honestly I don't think I'll get much more than that done tbh. I want to make a start on my 40K Orks and AoS Phoenix Temple at some point shortly though...

Brand new here, but I love painting motivation.

I'll paint:

• 3 Flamers of Tzeentch
  • 1 Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch
  • 9 Kairic Acolytes (test model already done, 9 to go)
  • Ogroid Thaumaturge

Already started this morning, Kairics are primed and the Flamers are base coated!

Hhhmmm...here goes;
  • Paint the Primaris Space Marines from the Dark Imperium box set ~ These will be Ultramarines & painted to a good standard.
  • Paint an Immortal Realms "Shattered Shard" ~ This is a big resin floating island that will be released on Kickstarter soon!!
  • Finish 3 Gore-gruntas ~ These are nearly done. Probably another 3-5 hours work. Painted to my highest standard.
  • Paint 12 models for mine & [mention=690]Forestreveries[/mention] #supersecretdoublesarmy ~ One test model is complete. Good standard.
  • Make a start on 10 Ardboys converted from Blood Bowl Orcs ~ Not sure realistically how much I'll get done. Highest standard.
Honestly I don't think I'll get much more than that done tbh. I want to make a start on my 40K Orks and AoS Phoenix Temple at some point shortly though...

Can't wait to see the #supersecretarmy pics! [emoji1547][emoji1547]

This thread is a great idea.

I'll go for 16 models for project #supersecretarmy 15 dudes and a hero. That'll have me most of the way there!

Sent from the Hidden Enclaves via the Realmroots

Here's my goal:

• Finish my unit of Dryads
  • Paint my Branchwhych
  • Customize and paint Ultraforge Treewoman
  • Paint a unit of Tree Kin
  • Paint a unit of Kurnoth Hunters
  • Finish basing all my unbased Wood Elves to match my Sylvaneth

Bonus goals, paint 20x Eternal Guard but I doubt it... they take so much more time and effort than any Sylvaneth unit. :P  

My goals:

• Finish base colors on 2 Kharadron frigates
  • Finish basing 30 arknaughts, 10 grundstock thunderers, Admiral, Khemist, and 2 frigates so they are ready for the Coalescence event June 10th
  • After the 10th - complete 10 arknaughts in full detail

After 2 months of abject failure (assembled tons, painted oh so few - and this is a painting contract), I'm not sure what to promise, so I will keep it light. 

- finish vermin lord

- one orruk of some sort

- one overlord

After 2 months of abject failure (assembled tons, painted oh so few - and this is a painting contract), I'm not sure what to promise, so I will keep it light. 
- finish vermin lord
- one orruk of some sort
- one overlord

It is a paint/build/convert/sculpt contract (according to the fine print ...)

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

This is my pledge for May: I've managed 3 Palladors, a Gryph Hound and a few of the Hammerhalh minis - I guess i best post some pics.

On 2017-5-1 at 6:22 PM, valenswift said:

I have a Lord Aquilor

6 Vanguard Palladors

10 Vanguard Hunters

3 Vanguard Raptors

3 Aetherwings

6 Gryph Hounds

& Shadows over Hammerhahl to finish

Can I sign up for 3 months? :$

36 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

It is a paint/build/convert/sculpt contract (according to the fine print ...)

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Well in that case, I will add a photo of what I assembled to last month's thread and update this month's with a few things.  ☺

I failed miserably last month, only finishing a unit of Liberators. I'll keep it easy this month. Finish my Lord Relictor and a unit of Persecutors with hammers. Anything after that will be a nice bonus. 

Sometimes it can be a challenge to finish what we want. :(

That's why I created my "stretch goal"

Did you post up pics of your models from last month that you finished?

Wait, you're not @Mohojoe!

This month I pledge 3 skyfire tzaangors, 1 tzaangor shaman. The discs were finished last month (Photos incoming), so it's just the actual gors. Will have fluff as well.

If it all goes well, I'll throw in 3 screamers, which I imagine won't take too long at all, and maybe some horrors. Oh and a balewind. That will be easy.

I have 10 blight kings and a Glottkin to paint still, hopefully my contract will finish next week or two and I can get back to painting and forum lurking. Looking forward to seeing what everyone does this month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad someone covered my ****** this month as I am up to my nips in work!

I got your back!

I needed to get motivated myself and didn't want to let the painting opportunity slip by.

I've some blight kings far down in my queue for the Shadows over Hammerhal set, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours. :)

I've been debating a blue skinned version vs the traditional green vs a sickly pinkish.... fortunately it's still in the queue (and at least a couple months away) ... so I still have time to decide!

5 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Sometimes it can be a challenge to finish what we want. :(

That's why I created my "stretch goal"

Did you post up pics of your models from last month that you finished?

Yes I did. Yoy can find them in last month's challenge thread or my Order thread.

Archived