Greetings from San Francisco

Render

Greetings all,

After a 15+ year hiatus from the Warhammer world, I've picked up AoS.

I played Warhammer as a kid with a group of friends, though was mostly into it just for the painting/lore. Looking back on experiences growing up, some of my best times were those involving WH with friends, painting up models and occasionally playing. I'm a general fantasy nerd, someone who loves board/tabletop games that make you think, and creative endeavors. WH hits on all those things, so I figured why not give it a go again? Luckily I've managed to recruit another friend who used to play awhile back too. 

I'm based in San Francisco, CA, currently building up a Khorne army (used to play Chaos back in the day, still love it). Played a few times thus far and really enjoying it. On the "hobby" side, I'm particularly enjoying doing the occasional head swaps, adding green-stuff beards/hair to bald models, and doing some minor conversions.

Excited to be a part of the community once more.

• 1 year later...

Hey Render -I'm looking for San Francisco player(s) to meet either Friday or Saturday nights after 7pm for 2000 point games. I have an army that's pretty much 90% painted but am definitely a novice. San Mateo's Heretic Games seems to be best bet (Friday nights seem to be best there) but the store "Game Parlor" on Irving St. is open late and said that they allow tabletop minis. They just don't have any of the terrain or mats. Hoping to start late December or January. Let me know if interested.

Archived