Age of Sigmar Skirmish - Full Points List

8 minutes ago, StarGrimWolf said:

These aren't very visually exciting, but for anyone that simply wants the updated points - here we go. In the role section, L stands for Leader and U for Unique. Hopefully someone more technically skilled can sort these into something a little bit nicer! Let me know if anything seems off with these, it was mostly done on nights where I couldn't sleep.

Chaos Skirmish Points.pdf

Death Skirmish Points.pdf

Destruction Skirmish Points.pdf

Order Skirmish Points.pdf

Can't work out how to edit. Sigmar only knows how I haven't simply blown my computer up from lack of competence. The Chaos and Death pdfs are the wrong ones, which include an extra bit referring to Gold cost. Thats simply the Unit points/Minimum Unit Size, rather than (Unit Points/Min Unit Size)/5, which is what the Skirmish Points are. The below files are the ones without the extra information.

Chaos Skirmish Points.pdf

Death Skirmish Points.pdf

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody knows why GW doesn't give support for skirmish o makes a nice skirmish system like kill team for 40k?? I like AoS big battles but I like a lot small battles with tons of scenography but I was going to make a tzeentch band with my silver tower minis and I see tzangorns enlightened and skyfires points are the same and they cost 100 and 200 on Sigmar units... I would like official things and support :(

On 2. oktober 2018 at 5:01 PM, Hoseman said:

Anybody knows why GW doesn't give support for skirmish o makes a nice skirmish system like kill team for 40k?? I like AoS big battles but I like a lot small battles with tons of scenography but I was going to make a tzeentch band with my silver tower minis and I see tzangorns enlightened and skyfires points are the same and they cost 100 and 200 on Sigmar units... I would like official things and support :(

There have been vague rumors that if Killteam did well then AoS would get the same treatment. Now Killteam HAS been a big succes, so there is hope. From a buisness point for view it makes sense to have a gateway-drug for AoS, so I dont find this rumor unlikely. I would love to see an update since the balance is so poor in Skirmsh

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for such a long delay. Took a long time to get this redone for the AoS 2.0 format and a lot of points changed. Here's the new files with all the points incorporated from AoS 2.0 including the new General's Handbook. It also includes updates from all of the latest Battletomes up to Beasts of Chaos. If there are any issues in here, please let me know. Still working on a quick 2 page ruleset for Skirmish. Once I have that done I'll post it for feedback.

AoS_Forgotten_Heroes.jpg.1dcc7fc024e34d9

AoS2_Forgotten_Heroes_v1.1.pdf

Edited by TheHarrower
Updated to version 1.1
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 hours ago, TheHarrower said:

Sorry for such a long delay. Took a long time to get this redone for the AoS 2.0 format and a lot of points changed. Here's the new files with all the points incorporated from AoS 2.0 including the new General's Handbook. It also includes updates from all of the latest Battletomes up to Beasts of Chaos. If there are any issues in here, please let me know. Still working on a quick 2 page ruleset for Skirmish. Once I have that done I'll post it for feedback.

AoS2_Forgotten_Heroes.pdf

Genius !!! Thanks a lot !

19 hours ago, TheHarrower said:

AoS2_Forgotten_Heroes.pdf

Many thanks. Keep up the good work.

• LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, Future said:

This is incredible! Starting a new skirmish narrative this weekend and will be using this over the official books to try it out. 

Thanks! The updated version has abilities written for each Grand Alliance, notes on Battleshock, Cover, Summoning, Picking Targets, and how to Calculate Renown. There are some Campaign Rules I am still working on along with notes on creating a Warband. Not sure when I'll get back to those though. This is considered version 1.0 and it's listed on the contents/credits page. As I release subsequent versions I'll keep renumbering it.

Edited by TheHarrower
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/2/2018 at 12:36 AM, TheHarrower said:

Thanks! Here's an updated version. Has abilities written for each Grand Alliance, notes on Battleshock, Cover, Summoning, Picking Targets, and how to Calculate Renown. There are some Campaign Rules I am still working on along with notes on creating a Warband. Not sure when I'll get back to those though. This is considered version 1.0 and it's listed on the contents/credits page. As I release subsequent versions I'll keep renumbering it.

ForgottenHeroesAoS2v1.0.pdf

I think Gors should be max 2 points not 4 (8 points per model /5 = 1.6). So I presume you round up.

also when do you round up or down, Bestogors work out to be 2.4 (12/5) however 2 seems too low if Gors are also 2 renown

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, The Red King said:

I'm really excited to check this out but TGA wont let me open it?? It says it's been removed or you didnt have permission to share it? Any ideas?

Looks like there is some sort of error. I have the same message, and when I look at the toppart it looks like I'm not signed in, even if I was before. This happens with every link in this Thread.

Edit: Today the downloads work again.

Edited by EMMachine

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Aegisgrimm said:

Awesome job!  I have been thinking of playing some games of Skirmish for ages but didn't like how many units were not present.  Now I really should pick up the rulebook to use with this document.

Keep up the good work, it looks very professional.

5 hours ago, Overread said:

@Aegisgrimm don't rush too fast - the last WD issue hinted that there were updates to skirmish coming or at least an article about it. Might be there's a new book just around the corner in the new year!

There's definitely something in the ether. If you listen to Jervis Johnson near the end of the new Stormcast podcast  it sounds like something is afoot for AOS Skirmish :)

Edited by zedatkinszed

I did hear about the supposed new skirmish rumor, but I'm kinda on the hedge.  If it's something as involved as Kill Team, it's a bit too much for me to dive into, both monetarily and product-wise.  Lately I need to spread my time amongst a few games/systems I still play, and not to mention two small kiddies, and a general lack of anyone to play with if the game's not one of a couple main product lines.

I'd been keeping away due to some lackluster opinions about Skirmish, but now it's starting to look enticing now that tons of free, cool stuff has been put together by the fans.  Something I can play casually with anyone that I can rope into it, while keeping the majority of the cost in the models (lots of times I have to provide an opponent's force from my own collection, so I have several skirmish forces), is best lately.

I mean, hell, what's the real rules investment with skirmish if I'm only going to casually play right now?  The skirmish book plus the latest General's Handbook?  Then it's all  a mix of free stuff like Hinterlands, Aos 28 or Forgotten Heroes, isn't it?  (I'm not all that knowledgeable in things AoS, as far as rules material goes)

Edited by Aegisgrimm

Hey all. I updated to version 1.1 up thread. Kinda a pain not having the first page and having to keep updating and removing files, but it is what it is and I'd rather not create a whole new thread for this.

On 11/7/2018 at 2:13 AM, John E said:

I think Gors should be max 2 points not 4 (8 points per model /5 = 1.6). So I presume you round up.

also when do you round up or down, Bestogors work out to be 2.4 (12/5) however 2 seems too low if Gors are also 2 renown

Good catch. Fixed Gors to 2 points. I agree that Bestigors are a bit low comparatively, but it's how the math works. Ideally everything should have a new points cost compared to how it works in Skirmish. For example, Bloodcrushers in Skirmish are extremely good for their point cost, but that's beyond what I wanted to do with this and soon it'll be moot (more on that later). Tzaangor max unit size was fixed and there were a couple other tweaks I made as well. Let me know if anything else looks off.

3 hours ago, Aegisgrimm said:

I did hear about the supposed new skirmish rumor, but I'm kinda on the hedge.  If it's something as involved as Kill Team, it's a bit too much for me to dive into, both monetarily and product-wise.

I mean, hell, what's the real rules investment with skirmish if I'm only going to casually play right now?  The skirmish book plus the latest General's Handbook?  Then it's all  a mix of free stuff like Hinterlands, Aos 28 or Forgotten Heroes, isn't it?  (I'm not all that knowledgeable in things AoS, as far as rules material goes)

So I've known about the new AoS skirmish for quite a while, but I didn't expect them to announce it so soon. From how it's been described to me, it's Kill Team plus, with the plus being more of a focus on campaign play. Honestly, I'm totally okay with this and it's the reason why I stopped developing Forgotten Heroes further. I've had grand plans for skirmish ever since I worked on Mordheim back in the day, but alas there is no point with GW doing an official release. I can't wait until it drops.

Bare minimum to get involved with AoS Skirmish right now would be the core rules (which are free), warscrolls for the units (also free), and the Skirmish Rulebook which is like $10, and Forgotten Heroes. If you wanted to do Hinterlands, you'd have to add in the General's Handbook since it makes you calculate your own points based on existing costs. I'm not sure about AoS28. That doesn't have it's own ruleset, does it? I don't much about it admittedly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks to me that AoS28 is an expansion of sorts that seems to add onto Hinterlands (which in turn then uses GHB and Skirmish rules).

Does the most up to date Generals Handbook 2018 have all the points costs of currently existing units, or would I need the 2017 one also/instead?

Edited by Aegisgrimm

7 hours ago, Aegisgrimm said:

Looks to me that AoS28 is an expansion of sorts that seems to add onto Hinterlands (which in turn then uses GHB and Skirmish rules).

Does the most up to date Generals Handbook 2018 have all the points costs of currently existing units, or would I need the 2017 one also/instead?

Ah, OK. That makes sense. You just need the 2018 GHB. It has all the latest points.

Not sure if anyone saw, but it looks like the rules for Skirmish are right in White Dwarf. So this most likely isn’t the big Kill Team-esque revamp that’s coming later this year. Sorry ya’ll. I thought when the December issue was showing Skirmish, this was it. Didn’t realize they reworked White Dwarf which is exciting in its own right. Can’t wait to see what they do with Skirmish. 

It's fine.  Does what it should but isn't amazing. The rules changes to make skirmish work are so small that I'd say the real content is the campaign scenarios.  Playing through the six scenarios against the same opponent is fun.  I've done it with three different people so far.

The points lists in the back as well as in this thread are pretty uncessary.  Just take the normal points and divide by the number of models and figure out the points per model.  If you want it in "renown" just divide that by five. 

The things to watch for in the game are things that dish out mortal wounds to every unit within so many inches.  I'd recommend either not taking those or do something like Hinterlands did where any mortal wound i in a single turn beyond the third is a wound with a normal save and no rend.