Age of Sigmar Skirmish - Full Points List

Hey guys, I had little time recently, but with new GH2017 and later free Bretonnian and Tomb Kings PDFs I'll be making new updates and I'll correct all mistakes and also add models missing and ideas you asked.

Thank you all for sending suggestions and reporting bugs . I'm really happy that you liked this work.

See you soon with new Unofficial Skirmish Point GH2017 edition!

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2017 at 1:01 PM, Rafal Maj said:

Hey guys, I had little time recently, but with new GH2017 and later free Bretonnian and Tomb Kings PDFs I'll be making new updates and I'll correct all mistakes and also add models missing and ideas you asked.

Thank you all for sending suggestions and reporting bugs . I'm really happy that you liked this work.

See you soon with new Unofficial Skirmish Point GH2017 edition!

Hi @Rafal Maj,

First I really wanted to thank you for your amazing job. I've been able to play with my old miniatures and, cherry on the cake, it looks like the real deal !

I can't wait for the updated 2017 edition now :)

Could you please tell us what kind of software you used and how you managed to get the background. Did you scan a page from the book and cleant it ?

If you're OK with it, would you be OK to share your original files as well ? Some of my friends can't read english and i'd like to translate it (i'm french).

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

• Like 1

I'm  getting redirected to an error message/page when trying to look at the PDF in the first post.

Spoiler

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <Error><Code>SignatureDoesNotMatch</Code><Message>The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Consider giving the Silver Helms a 1 point discount. They're the same cost as Dragon Blades, who are distinctly superior for damage output, for otherwise identical durability and mobility. The Dragon Blades deal nearly twice as many wounds in sustained combat than Silver Helms, but on the charge have only a 25% increase over the Silver Helms. In my own models, Dragon Blades are in the 7.7% percentile damage out on the charge, whereas Silver Helms are in the 20% on the charge. In sustained combat, the Dragon Blades drop to the 41% percentile, whereas Silver Helms drop to the 70% percentile. (Edit: Compared to unit sizes appropriate for Skirmish.)

Edited by GingerGiant

On 10/28/2017 at 10:33 AM, GingerGiant said:

Consider giving the Silver Helms a 1 point discount. They're the same cost as Dragon Blades, who are distinctly superior for damage output, for otherwise identical durability and mobility. The Dragon Blades deal nearly twice as many wounds in sustained combat than Silver Helms, but on the charge have only a 25% increase over the Silver Helms. In my own models, Dragon Blades are in the 7.7% percentile damage out on the charge, whereas Silver Helms are in the 20% on the charge. In sustained combat, the Dragon Blades drop to the 41% percentile, whereas Silver Helms drop to the 70% percentile. (Edit: Compared to unit sizes appropriate for Skirmish.)

Mate, it's all done off the calculation. If that's the way the calculation falls, it's the way it falls.

Yes, Silver Helms are ****** compared to Dragon Blades. But currently in AoS, they're the same points.

This wasn't meant to create 'balanced' renown for everything, merely to apply the renown calculation to a bunch of existing units that weren't included in the Skirmish booklet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope am not asking in the wrong place, but I couldn't find any Skirmish Age of Sigmar topic. I wanted to start playing, but real armies just cost too much for me . I was told that skirmish is cheaper, and uses fewer models. how much would a overlord ot stormcast skirmish Age of Sigmar army cost, and what units are the best for each faction? Are those factions viable in skirmish. Also how many  points is skirmish normally played 500 or is it less?

33 minutes ago, blueshirtman said:

I hope am not asking in the wrong place, but I couldn't find any Skirmish Age of Sigmar topic. I wanted to start playing, but real armies just cost too much for me . I was told that skirmish is cheaper, and uses fewer models. how much would a overlord ot stormcast skirmish Age of Sigmar army cost, and what units are the best for each faction? Are those factions viable in skirmish. Also how many  points is skirmish normally played 500 or is it less?

There's not a sub-forum for Skirmish, but there are a number of threads in the Narrative sub-forum, although I don't think anyone would mind if you posted in the General Discussion section (Moderators might give you a better stear on this).

Skirmish points are calculated slightly differently, although at the beginning of this thread there is a rough calculation you can use to work out Renown values. The Skirmish Rule Book is £6.00 and you combine this with the free pdf download 4 pages of AOS rules.

The pre-built Skirmish Warbands are £40.00 from Games Workshop and probably a good place to start if you like any of the armies involved.

In theory, you could spend £86.00 (assuming that you have some of the other essentials like glue, clippers, dice, etc.) and have everything you needed to play.

On 1/6/2018 at 1:51 AM, bsharitt said:

I wonder why the Chaos Sorcerer Lord doesn't have points to begin with? How many small base plastic models still in production were left out?

So there's an easy set of rules to pick up when it comes to Skirmish units:

1. Only plastic models are given a renown value
  2. Renown is points per model divided by 5 (Rounded).
  3. The maximum renown a model has in Skirmish is 28 (Probably is really 30, but nothing ends up at that value)
  4. Most renown costs are based on an earlier iteration of the GHB2017 points (Which explains why not all the renown costs follow rule 2 precisely).

So the Chaos Sorcerer Lord breaks rule 3, since it was updated in the GHB2017 to be 160 points (Which resolves at 32 renown).

In my opinion, it's weirder that the Orruk Warboss didn't make it into Skirmish. As he falls in at 28 renown. Makes me wonder if they were considering upping his points under GHB2017 at some point.

Another oddity are the Morghasts, since they come in at 22 renown per model.

Otherwise pretty much everything in the renown list matches those 4 rules.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In case anyone wants to save themselves the five minutes working out Skirmish points for Daughters of Khaine:

HEROES
Bloodwrack Medusa: 28 renown 
Hag Queen: 12 renown
Slaughter Queen: 20 renown

TROOPS
Witch Aelves: 2 renown
Sisters of Slaughter: 2 renown
Heartrender: 3 renown
Lifetaker: 3 renown
Doomfire Warlock: 6 renown
Blood Sister: 6 renown
Blood Stalker: 6 renown

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 5:57 AM, blueshirtman said:

Ok, I will try to look for those threads then. 

what would I need clippers or glue for, I though you only needed paints . Don't tell me the models for Age of Sigmar come in many parts, like model planes or ships do.

So .... you told me not to tell you ... So, if’ll excuse me .. my friend over here has some questions about AoS... 

*turns away to talk to someone just out of your line of view*

.... what do you think of the new kit?

Yeah ... it’s a sweet multi-part plastic model. The detail on this new one is awesome. Much better than that model planes and ships you were working on last week. 

What? Oh, yeah you can use the same glue you use on those.... but, yeah ... not everything needs glue.

What doesn’t need glue? Shadespire, some of the easy fit smaller models... some of the new AoS starter kits.... yeah, the red and gold plastic one ... 

What is that guy? Oh, that’s a resin model, you’d want to use super-glue for those.... 

Yeah, you’re right about that ... the detail is pretty crazy on these. I’d definitely recommend a pair of small clippers ... or maybe an xacto knife in a total pinch ... yeah, i  ...I don’t  really recommended clipping them off sprue with an xacto ... but doable in a pinch. How much? You can use a really cheap pair of clippers ... something like a pair of flush micro clippers ... no, probably no more than $12 usd or so ... okay no more than about £9... 

Yeah. The same ones you used to do the fine wire clipping should be fine ... lemme know if you’ve got anymore questions ... 

*turns back* 

Sorry about that, did you have any questions I could help you with?  

(yeah ... they’re multi-part kits ... :( Sorry to disappoint you ...)

Edited by TheOtherJosh

• 1 month later...

17 minutes ago, Cayseymax said:

This is super cool... When can we expect an updated version. 1st post said it was updated in june 2017?

And thanks for the awesome file!

The author's last visit to this site is on August 22, 2017 so sadly, i don't think there are going to be any updates by the original poster in this thread.

He did a fantastic work on the document for sure though!

• 2 weeks later...