Nurgle Daemons 2k first try

Anaticula

I wanted to try playing some Nurgle (as a change from Ironjawz - I like green guys :) ) but did not want to get into Rotbringers. I wanted to get some basic advice. Also, the list down there represents more or less what I own (that's why the Chaos warriors got stuck in but I find their 5+ save against MW not bad.)

Leaders
Great Unclean One (240)
Great Unclean One (240)
Herald Of Nurgle (100)
Herald Of Nurgle (100)

Battleline
20 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (200)
20 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (200)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield

Units
6 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (440)
6 x Nurglings (160)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 1960/2000

The classic comment is that you should have 1x30 and 2x10 when we talk about Plaguebearers. So that's an easy improvement.

Personally I think the Herald is a very poor choice at the moment, and you might be better grabbing something else. A lord on demonic mount or something, if you want something that can trigger the locus. There are quite a few hero units to choose from.

The 6xNurglings is a decent tarpit unit, but you already have the big Plaguebearer unit, and the Nurglings won't benefit from the Tallyband battallion. So maybe consider something else. Something that can pack a punch, because as it is now you have the 2xGUO + the Drones, but you also lack a fast hero that can keep up and trigger the locus on the Drones.

So maybe see if you can squeeze a Daemon Prince in there to hang out with the drones.

If you want to keep many of the same units, you could look at something along these lines:

Great Unclean One (240)
Great Unclean One (240)
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (300)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
6 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (440)
3 x Nurglings (80)
3 x Nurglings (80)
1 x Beasts Of Nurgle (60)
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 1980/2000

5 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

The classic comment is that you should have 1x30 and 2x10 when we talk about Plaguebearers. So that's an easy improvement.

Can I ask why this is the way to go with plaguebearers? Not played much with my Nurgle daemons so any pointers are handy.

22 minutes ago, Tiny said:

Can I ask why this is the way to go with plaguebearers? Not played much with my Nurgle daemons so any pointers are handy.

Because of their Cloud of Flies ability.

Enemies get -2 to hit for shooting and -1 for melee if they are above 20, and if you're right at 20, you only have to loose 1 Plaguebearer to loose that bonus. At 30, with the Tallyband regen + a possible banner regen + locus activation, you have a better chance to stay above 20 for a lot longer.

That makes a lot of sense for the 30 unit.

Was more wondering why the 2 x 10 guys but I guess that makes more sense than 1 unit of 20 as can spread out better and cover more objectives.

17 hours ago, Spiky Norman said:

Personally I think the Herald is a very poor choice at the moment, and you might be better grabbing something else. A lord on demonic mount or something, if you want something that can trigger the locus. There are quite a few hero units to choose from.

The 6xNurglings is a decent tarpit unit, but you already have the big Plaguebearer unit, and the Nurglings won't benefit from the Tallyband battallion. So maybe consider something else. Something that can pack a punch, because as it is now you have the 2xGUO + the Drones, but you also lack a fast hero that can keep up and trigger the locus on the Drones.

So maybe see if you can squeeze a Daemon Prince in there to hang out with the drones.

If you want to keep many of the same units, you could look at something along these lines:

Great Unclean One (240)
Great Unclean One (240)
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (300)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
6 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (440)
3 x Nurglings (80)
3 x Nurglings (80)
1 x Beasts Of Nurgle (60)
Tallyband of Nurgle (100)

Total: 1980/2000

Thank you so much for this helpful comment.

I'm also not so sure about general trait and artifacts.

Any other general advise about tactics? Speed is definitely a problem, and punch...

General trait: lord of war or dark avenger.

Artefacts: i'll go or with the +1 W or with +1 A on the guos. Also the talisman is really good too if vs order. Really depends on ur playstile.

Try to play in a way in which the guo spell can heal as much damage as possible and keep the one in the tallyband much more protected and mystic shielded.

The daemon prince has to stay near the drones to activate the locus, don' forget about it, is a huge buff. About speed that is nothing u can do about it, it's nurgle :)

Archived