Death Skirmish

WillofNagash

Anyone else quite disappointed in the lack of vampires in the new skirmish rules? The GW vampire models are some of the best as far as interesting. Vlad, Isabella, manfred. I know you wouldn't be able to play them as named characters but at least have a generic vampire you can use...

I keep telling myself it's only 6£, but in the end I'm still upset about it missing vampires.

Ultimately (and I don't even play Death) yes.

But in reality I guess, it's a symptom of how the times have changed. GW have been heavily pushing plastic for a while now. In this case, heavily pushing it by not making anything but plastic official.

The problem is also since about the End Times, GW hasn't remade anything that exists (apart from some special characters becoming larger) into plastic. Some stuff (such as Blood Knights) I do wonder if they'll ever get plastic models. GW seems to be leaving finecast be finecast for a while now, as their focus is on making new things rather than retreading old ground.

Overall it hurts Death the most. They're already the smallest Grand Alliance (Essentially being one old world faction now), so not having some options just cuts them even harder.

Is there a list available somewhere?

I'm interested in Skirmish but the lack of non FEC death seems pretty lame.

I would like to see the official list and see what I can come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Bradifer said:

Is there a list available somewhere?

I'm interested in Skirmish but the lack of non FEC death seems pretty lame.

I would like to see the official list and see what I can come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys.. Just starting on skirmish myself and being a death player, i would like your advise on a warband build.

Starting the campaign allows for 25 points of renown to be spend on the warband.

Hero: Tomb Banshee 16 pts.          /         ( Cairn Wraith 12 pts. )

3x Graveguard 3 pts.    9 pts.  /  4x Graveguard 3 pts.    12 pts

Because of the renown restriction i would choose a 12 -16 point hero, the latter seemingly the best choice regarding abilities. They both ignores rend and flys, but the wraiths ability does not apply, and the banshees missile attack range 10" could be used in a position behind the graveguards for some nice bravery damage..

I looked at skellie, zombies and ghouls... its all nice but you never get the numbers up to where it matters, and the abilities on the units warscrolls does not apply in 1 model units so i figure grave guards would be the better choice for low cost units. They have a 5+ save, 4+ against rend of (-) with crypt shield. They have rend -1, and can with some Luck deal 2 damage each. Figured i would bring a Senechal, Hornblower, and a normal GG.

let me know what you think

The Facebook GW Age of Sigmar page had the following suggestion for Death skirmish bands (this one is at 50 points)

Wight King with Baleful Tomb Blade

2x Black Knights

5x Skeleton Warriors

2x Grave Guards

https://m.facebook.com/GWWarhammerAgeofSigmar/photos/a.452227281640737.1073741828.452117934985005/638501379679992/?type=3&source=48&__tn__=E

It's not really workable at 25 points... but do-able at 30. (Start with Wight and either 3 skeletons or 2 grave guard)

3 hours ago, Lord Krell said:

Hi Guys.. Just starting on skirmish myself and being a death player, i would like your advise on a warband build.

Starting the campaign allows for 25 points of renown to be spend on the warband.

Hero: Tomb Banshee 16 pts.          /         ( Cairn Wraith 12 pts. )

3x Graveguard 3 pts.    9 pts.  /  4x Graveguard 3 pts.    12 pts

Because of the renown restriction i would choose a 12 -16 point hero, the latter seemingly the best choice regarding abilities. They both ignores rend and flys, but the wraiths ability does not apply, and the banshees missile attack range 10" could be used in a position behind the graveguards for some nice bravery damage..

I looked at skellie, zombies and ghouls... its all nice but you never get the numbers up to where it matters, and the abilities on the units warscrolls does not apply in 1 model units so i figure grave guards would be the better choice for low cost units. They have a 5+ save, 4+ against rend of (-) with crypt shield. They have rend -1, and can with some Luck deal 2 damage each. Figured i would bring a Senechal, Hornblower, and a normal GG.

let me know what you think

25 points

Im using Cairn Wraith with Master of the Dark Arts, Inspirational Fighter, Tomb Blade/or Cursed Book and six Dire Wolves and one zombie.

Im finding Grave guard die too fast at 1 wound each for three points.

Played last night in a 20 player skirmish event ran from Derby Wargaming club. Starting at 50 then advancing but capped at 60 and 70 points. 

Managed to snag first place on third tie breaker of total renown (rolled heroic saga for the extra renown both times)

Starting list was

Abhorant Ghoul King - 24

ruler of the night, merceless killer, cursed book

crypt horror - 11

ghoul - 2

6x dire wolves - 12

total 49

game two added

4x dire wolves - 8

ghoul - 2

total 59

game three added 

crypt horror - 11

total 70t

King was really solid and well worth his points. Very survivable with the deathless minion save, healing etc and extends protection out. Access to magic was useful too for both shield and bolt. Command ability was great allowing charging dire wolves to wound on 2s!

Overall my initial fears have been put to bed somewhat and we appear to be pretty solid under skirmish. 

I totally agree that vampires missing is frustrating. We go from an army in 8e called Vampire Counts to skirmish not even having them as an option.

I love Vlad and co but what I also miss is Heinrich and Krell. Fluff wise it makes tons of sense for them to be looting crypts. We don't even have points for Krell though much less renown. ?

I'm currently using banshee with master of black arts, the blessed amulet and defensive command ability.

Archived