Game workshop and Death Alliance.

I think GW did miss a trick by not having a necromatic construct factions with things like the Bonegiant, warsphinx and that stuff in. The Tomb Kings themselves may not have fitted with GWs vision of AoS but surely the undead constructs would have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

I think GW did miss a trick by not having a necromatic construct factions with things like the Bonegiant, warsphinx and that stuff in. The Tomb Kings themselves may not have fitted with GWs vision of AoS but surely the undead constructs would have.

I don't think the Tomb Kings as an idea is what made them go EoL. I think it's got more to do with the models still being based on the old, thicker and bulkier skeletons compared to the new ones. 

Although I wouldn't mind seeing a full statue/construct army for tomb kings either. Maybe even animated by something like a shadeglass core? There are plenty of ways they could expand death this way (and it's not like the Tomb Kings are too shy to defy Nagash by using things he doesn't quite like.)

18 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

It's criminal that only like 6 ppl even have access to that book. :(

I agree with you on that.  I picked it up on a whim (almost keeled over when I got to the checkout to pay), but would say that it's one of the best AoS books I've read and does so much to build up the Nurgle and Death background.  It's also a huge nostalgia trip as you've some familiar faces in it.  Trouble is that the price you pay makes you reluctant to loan it out to people

On 31 May 2017 at 1:25 PM, RuneBrush said:

Bone Giants and Sphinxes both crop up in Undying King...

I do believe we will get a new bone giant model and the return of the Sphinx in my opinion still fits in the style GW has been going with death in my opinion. Of course this is speculation and I do agree with you on the point it's one of the best books for AOS so far in my opinion.

Honestly majority of the death alliance books have been great in my opinion I want more undead books from Josh and CL.

Having read through the first in the Hunt for Nagash saga... there is a lot of opportunity for death to be more a prevalent force.

The interaction between Sigmar stealing the souls of his Stormcast Eternals from Nagash... and the anger Nagash has about the theft is pretty interesting.

It would be interesting to see more of the humans that live in Shyish

Archived