Skirmish - Post your warband

I'm thinking of such list:
1 Orruk Megaboss 28p
- Inspiration Fighter
- Soulsever Blade

1 Orruk Brute Boss 7p
1 Orruk Brute 7p
4x Savage Orruk Arrowboyz 8p

Good list but think of changing Bonesplitterz to regular Orruks with bows. Same points and have better stats. This is no Kunnin Rukk;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, chord said:

What does it mean you can only take each war scroll once per warband?

Essentially it means that all models you take from the same war scroll count as coming from a single war scroll (or single unit). I think they're using the terms unit and war scroll interchangeably here.

In practicality, it means:

You only get to take a single champion model for any different type of war scroll

You gain access to special weapons/items that are 1 in every X models (or similar restrictions) in a war scroll

You are bound by a maximum number of models you can take for any given war scroll (as per Skirmish restrictions)

So for example, if you took 5 Liberators. They all count as coming from a single Liberator war scroll/unit. So you can have 1 Liberator-prime, and you can have 1 model wielding a Grand-weapon. Unlike a standard war scroll though, you are free to mix-and-match regular weaponry at leisure as this is legal under Skirmish.

So you could have

Liberator-Prime with Warhammer and Shield

3x Liberator with Warhammer and Shield

Liberator with Grand-Hammer

OR, just as legal is:

Liberator-Prime with Paired Warblades

Liberator with Grandblade

Liberator with Warhammer and Shield

Liberator with Warblade and Shield

Liberator with Paired Warhammers

But you couldn't take 2 Grand-weapons until you got a 6th Liberator in your warband.

it means you can only take each unit once.

so as an ironjaws player I can only take one unit of ardboys. I cant take a leader and 2 units of ardboys.

I can take a leader, a unit of ardbiys and a unit of brutes (assuming I have enough renown.)

also remember that a unit can be anything from 1 model up to the maximum.

hope i have explained it clearly

My 25pt campaign Death warband -

A Warning to the Curious

Cairn Wraith - Nathaniel

Spirit Host - The Ager

Zombie - William

Spirits, forever held in Shadespire, defending the old family treasure from plunders who venture to the city from across the Mortal Realms.

81ca74db-d37f-4d42-8fc9-5fdb9c584aa9.jpg

I'm thinking about this for a 25 (24 actually...) points warband:

• 1 Paladin
  • 2 Men-at-Arms
  • 1 Battle Pilgrim
  • 1 Peasant Bowman

I'm still uncertain as to whether it feels overpowered to be able to pick the unit leader even if he's the only model you take from the unit. So for 2 Points I get 2 ranged attacks from the Peasant Bowmen Villein or a Grail Reliquae for my Battle Pilgrim with 3 wounds and 3 attacks...

This is the Seraphon list I was planning to play for 25 renown

- 16 :  Skink StarPriest
Hero, Wizard, General
Merciless Killer
Helm of authority

- 4 : Saurus Knight

Alpha, Celestite Lance

- 4 : Saurus Guard

Alpha

- 1 : Skink

Alpha, Boltspitter, Star-buckler

[Names, photos and background in progress]

Still I'm not sure about the regular Skink: he is the only model with a ranged weapon, yes, but he sucks anyway at shooting!

If I'd drop him, on the other hand, I could have one more renown point to spend later and maybe hope for a bonus Reroll if I face 25 renown points warbands...

Here's my Slaves to Darkness Warband.

We started the Shadespire campaign today and I got into it with a Tzeentch themed Slaves to Darkness Warband.

I started with:

- Chaos Lord, Rogash the Implacable. (20 Points)
Once a great Leader of a huge army, now reduced to nothing more then a wandering shadow of his former self. Through schemes and intrigue he was forced to abandon his position. But as soon as he heard the rumours of Shadespires vast wealth he rallied the last warriors still loyal to him. His plan is to get a hold of the shadowglas and offer it to Tzeenth in exchange for his old power and status.

- Chaos Marauders, The Seekers of Trinkets. (5x1 Point)
These Marauders have sworn their fate to Tzeentch and are now always on the hunt for any valuable item to add to the enormous library in Tzeentch's domain. Equiped with arcane and exotic weapons, they follow Rogash into Shadespire with the promis of glittering gold, trinkets and baubles.

That was my starting warband, but because I was able to defeat Shadespires undead guardians during a surprise fight in the outskirts of the city, two mighty Chaos Warriors heard Rogash's call.

- Chaos Warriors, The Blinded. (2x4 Point)
Even though Rogash's initial advance into Shadespire was met with not more then disdain, after word of his success reached his former followers some joined him. No one knows if loyalty, greed or Tzeentch himself is their motivation but their strong arms are more then welcome in the deadly city of the dead.

18944447_1543148425757049_66619384_n.jpg

18945159_1543148385757053_1157654744_n.jpg

On ‎05‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, zemlod said:

I'm still uncertain as to whether it feels overpowered to be able to pick the unit leader even if he's the only model you take from the unit. So for 2 Points I get 2 ranged attacks from the Peasant Bowmen Villein or a Grail Reliquae for my Battle Pilgrim with 3 wounds and 3 attacks...

I think this is what people will do when trying to create strong warbands to win; that is, cherry pick the best unit leaders from across an alliance to maximise your renown. Not sure of my own thoughts on this at present if I'm honest. I guess it remains to be seen how people approach this game in general though.

When playing with a fixed faction as opposed to an alliance it certainly feels less "overpowered" (to use your word). Sure, the first Orruk Brute being a Boss is incredibly good value for 7 renown, but incrementally it balances out as you add more to your warband, if that makes sense?

If you wanted to justify it you could say that your General has selected the finest warriors to form his retinue perhaps?

We are starting at 35 Renown:

Kaptain Ogbad & the Ogresuns
Kaptain Salty Ogbad - Orruk Warboss - 28R
3 Orruks - 6R
1R "saved for later"

20170521_141130_zpsfuuhte1x.jpg.243c68db9cd98049050348f80f9f8f13.jpg20170521_141306_zpst9a3mn9g.jpg.8f2da89053c3adb94eafdb2b43a3de29.jpg

20170608_223643_zpsj1runqzc.jpg

At 50 Renown:
Kaptain Salty Ogbad - Orruk Warboss - 28R
7 Orruks - 14R
Mr Whalebelly - Ogor - 8R

50Renown.jpg

Kommodore Deffgit puffed on his pipe a few times and stared off into the distance; he leant back in his chair and took a long swig from his tankard of grog and sighed.

Salty Ogbad shifted nervously while he waited for the Kommodore to remember he was there. The sun had only just risen and the sky-harbour was filled with golden light that made the dark rocks of the floating port town look almost pleasant. The Kommodore was sitting at a desk made of a wooden door on top of two large barrels, on a smaller barrel that served as a chair. In front of him were a great array of log books, charts, letters, a spyglass, a pair of heavy pistols, several empty bottles, and a discarded plate of food.

“Salty! What d’ye want?” the old Orruk finally bellowed.

“You sent for me Boss!” said Salty with the greatest of patience. “…something about a mission for the Adm’rul?”

“Ah! That’s roight. I’ve got a mission for ye, from the Adm’rul. He’s getting fed up with them Kharadrons always knowing we’re a-comin’ what with their riggers scouting about their ships all the damn time. He wants a way to deal with the blasted things before they can report back, and maybe do a bit of scouting of our own: Spot juicy prizes far off and the like.” said Deffgit. “He wants ye to go find a Wyvern.”

Salty was somewhat taken aback – this was not what he was expecting - and he struggled to hide his surprise.

“So, take a few of the lads and that small black-painted skycutter and search the little floating islands around the south of Overmyre and that.” continued Deffgit. “Here’s a good spyglass and this here is a magic chart: it was made by a legendary Kap'n what called 'imself Maddz. It’ll help you locate all the hidden an' secret places. Mind you don’t rely on it too much though, it don’t seem to be working like it used to…” the Kommodore squinted at the ancient scroll for a while.

Salty cleared his throat and the Kommodore came back to the present again. “Off ye go lad! Don’t keep the Adm’rul waitin’!” he shouted. Salty jumped and turned on his heel. He started shouting orders at the nearest Orruk Pirates to find stores for a long journey.

Looking at going to the GW Skirmish tournament at my local GW store. It has a 50 renown starting point and because I only own the starter set Chaos army and a single Valkia model I am restricted as to what I can play (for the moment)

I'm looking at the following

Bloodstoker - General w/ Indomitable Will and Masque of Horror

Khorgorath

and 4 Blood Warriors.

I was looking at pure brute force and getting as much attacking power for my money (renown).

Any thoughts?

My warband is in three parts. We are stating a narrative set of games that start at 30 renown and then expands to 40, then 50. Each 10 point addition is a distinct group that has joined the original adventurers on their quest. It is set in the ruins of Berenguard, an ancient city in the Borderlands between a Realm of Death and the Lands of a Khorne Lord.

The Fallen

The first contingent is a tragic tale of Elmora a Sister of the Watch and Ulandryll a Phoenix Guard. Together they had a secret romance, but both bound by duty - a future together was just a dream.

Ulandryll returned to the glade one day to find Elmora mortally wounded by a foul bray creature, forest magics would not revive her so he stole her into the Phoenix temple to see if he could save his love. In her wound lay a shard of pure chaos from the gors blade, the healing magic of the Phoenix restored her to life but the warpstone twisted this and fused her life with a daemon.

They were sentenced to death for bringing evil to the heart of the temple, but gained a last reprieve. An ancient lore gives them a year to make reparations and purge the chaos. They search the lands along with Gaius a wise loremaster for a cure. In their wake follows a silent executioner ready to enact the final sentence if they should fail or fall fully to evil.

30 points - The fallen

• Battlemage
  • Sister of the Watch
  • Phoenix Temple Guard
  • Darkling Coven Executioner

BeastsAndBoats_01.jpg.98f8dd23e6236e4f050081cfc1798c53.jpg

Wellerton's Rangers

Wellerton is bit of a ******, but he has the biggest feathers and he knows it. Despite this, he is a sucker for a pretty lady with a sob story and being offered first dibs on all of the loot they find that doesn't help cure Elmora is the best offer he's had in a while.

10 points - Wellerton's Rangers

• Freeguild Archer
  • Freeguild Crossbowman
  • Freeguild Handgunner
  • Freeguild Guard x2

BeastsAndBoats_02.jpg.3c78689b22ece0159f67d463d586569d.jpg

Barak Karkov

Karkov has lived in the city for as long as anyone can remember. He mutters all day about his Barak, even though we are no where near the sea and claims he lived on a cloud. He spends most of his days collecting junk with his mechanical friend he cobbled together. Karkov also has a big gun, so no one really questions him too much. He is joined by fredrick who seems to have lost his stone and is searching for it with his brother Josef.

10 points - Barak Karkov

• Grundstock Thunderer
  • Quarreller
  • Warrior
  • Longbeard

BeastsAndBoats_03.jpg.5a3bf036580cfde12d5b40aced04f8a5.jpg

1 hour ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Doesn't the scroll require you have at least 5 guys to get the mace?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Retributors are 3 or more models. 2 in 5 may have a Starsoul Mace.......this needs to be cleared up for Skirmish. DO you get one mace right away and then the second when you hit five models?

1 hour ago, mDaro said:

Retributors are 3 or more models. 2 in 5 may have a Starsoul Mace.......this needs to be cleared up for Skirmish. DO you get one mace right away and then the second when you hit five models?

Two me it feels pretty clear. Two in five. Do you have five models yet? No? No starsoul mace. 

Now I agree that it's weird that number 4 can't have the mace until number five arrives. But just talk to your opponent. 

Objectively these rules contain too many loopholes to work for a highly competitive scene. So I wouldn't try to use them for that. Only frustration and blaming the rules will come from that. ('That seems rough' 'they need to fix this' seems to me that already has started a bit)

Just have fun and talk these things over with your opponent. 

4 hours ago, Kramer said:

Two me it feels pretty clear. Two in five. Do you have five models yet? No? No starsoul mace.

I completely agree with this.

If you have five models in the unit then up to 2 of them can be equipped with the mace.

So if you have 10 models then up to 4 can be equipped this way, and so on.

My local shop is starting a Skirmish campaign this week, I'm bringing my dwarves but aren't sure of what exactly to bring for 30 renown.

My first thought was a warden lord, 2 longbeards, and a Thunderer, but in a few test matches they seem to be too few and without enough hitting power (aside from the warden lord)

My second thought was to do a slayer kinband of an unforged (the skull pass dragon slayer) and 5 old  school metal slayers (counts as vulkite berzerkers for points). Which should hit strong and have a few more numbers for objectives, the only problem being their weak saves.

Anyone have some experience with dwarves in Skirmish and have any tips?

I've played a 50 rnwn game as dwarfs and had good luck. I used:
Grim wrath berserker (daemon slayer model)
Some vulkites (troll slayer models)
A thunderer w/ pistols
A few grundstock thunderers
And filled out the rest with arkanauts,
If you can I would avoid taking the unforged simply because of his low survivability. The dwarfs really benefit from their leaders generally high bravery. And if he dies you get the bravery of a grot shaman to test with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

WehQxh5.jpg

First 35 renown of the retinue of Midas Maltanger

Midas Maltanger, Chaos Sorcerer Lord, Servent of the Everchosen 28

3 Ungor Acolytes 3 x 1 = 3

Gul Kremek, Blood Warrior Champion 4

---

Gul Kremek is there to make sure that if the treacherous mutant sorcerer doesn't accomplish the task set to him by Archaon, that he never returns from the cursed city.  Though once Midas can link up with his larger warband already inside the city, he should have the means to protect himself from Gul Kremek's eventual betrayal.  

Next up are some 1990s plastic chaos warriors being mixed with some old mutation parts to make The Forsaken Guard of Maltanger.  He personally bestowed all their "gifts."

dKOb6R2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived