Knight (doomknight, horn, glaive) -6

Then maybe 2 more bloodletters to group with daemon team

- Death - 50 Renown -

Wight king on steed w/ Infernal Standard - 24

Hexwraith - 6

Spirit hosts x2 - 16

Dire wolf (doom wolf) - 2

Dire wolf - 2

Also, check out the scroll for dire wolves vs. chaos warhound, and tell me they are both 2 renown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Thinking either:

- Khorne -

Blademaster - 16

Bloodletter (bloodhunter) - 2

Bloodletter - 2

Gorebeast chariot (exalted w/ greatblade) - 20

Knight (doomknight, horn, glaive) -6

Then maybe 2 more bloodletters to group with daemon team

- Death - 50 Renown -

Wight king on steed w/ Infernal Standard - 24

Hexwraith - 6

Spirit hosts x2 - 16

Dire wolf (doom wolf) - 2

Dire wolf - 2

Also, check out the scroll for dire wolves vs. chaos warhound, and tell me they are both 2 renown

Spirit Hosts have a max unit size of three and you can only take one of each warscroll. 

Spirit Hosts have a max unit size of three and you can only take one of each warscroll. 

I'm taking

Spirit host - 8

Spirit host - 8

(Eg spirit host x2)

Not sure if you read it wrong or I'm missing something basic here, but I'm taking two bases/models

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

I'm taking

Spirit host - 8

Spirit host - 8

(Eg spirit host x2)

Not sure if you read it wrong or I'm missing something basic here, but I'm taking two bases/models

You did. You can only take each warscroll once. You can't take 2 units of 2. 

As for me, I still don't have a fancy name for my warband but I'm thinking something like:

- Ironjawz Shaman (24)

- 2x 'ardboys (8)

- 1x Savage Orruk Arrowboy  (2)

We are thinking about starting with 35 points, 25 is a bit too low. 

I really want a Shaman to make it fluffy too. 

The Shaman had a vision for Gork (or maybe Mork) about a powerful axe, filled with ancient magic, and he's on a quest to retrieve it for his Megaboss. 

The 2 'ardboys are his bodyguards, the Savage Orruk Arrowboy will be their scout / ranger,  who knows the way to the Shadowspire. 

I also did a test game yesterday with 50 renown against Sigmarines with warchanter (16), 2x brutes (14) and 5x'ardboys (20) and oh boy, warchanter was so horrible in combat. I really disliked having him as a leader. 

You did. You can only take each warscroll once. You can't take 2 units of 2.

I never wrote I was taking 2 units of 2 though, just that I was taking 2. Fyi they are 8 pts each base.

Anyways I agree about 25, as it was pointed out in another thread that a quarter to one half of the heroes in the lists aren't available to take, when you also require 2 more models (so in my case wight king and two zombies is still 26 pts, to have warband of 3)

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

I never wrote I was taking 2 units of 2 though, just that I was taking 2. Fyi they are 8 pts each base.

Yeah sorry. I see that now. I was just being a dumbass.

Well, the book finally arrived yesterday. Glad I went for the speedy delivery option.

Plan for 50 looking something like this:

Endrinmaster

3 x Arkanaut Company

3 x Grundstok Thunderers (thinking 2 rifles and a mortar)

2 x Endrinriggers

Still coming up with a suitably dwarfy name, probably something including grudges and hammers, to describe this bunch of Overlords stranded in Shadespire after their frigate was taken down by a bunch of Zombie Dragons when entering the Realm of Death. 

3 hours ago, spidero said:

Still coming up with a suitably dwarfy name, probably something including grudges and hammers, to describe this bunch of Overlords stranded in Shadespire after their frigate was taken down by a bunch of Zombie Dragons when entering the Realm of Death. 

Maybe Zombies, grudges and hammers, a dwarven rock band? ;) 

just picked up.the skirmish rule book and ironjaws warband in order to test age of sigmar so my first 50renown list I am currently building and painting is

shaman - 24

2x brutes - 14 (7each)

3x ardboys - 12 (4each)

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Maybe Zombies, grudges and hammers, a dwarven rock band? ;) 

Never mind the warband, I want to start a band called Zombie GrudgeHammer now. Anyone play drums? We could re-roll charge rolls when out on tour. 

Starting this week a campaign vs SCE or khorne, depending what my colleague at work chooses so 25 renown:

1x Endrinmaster

4x Arkanaut company

I was wondering though, can I take in my 4 the captain of the unit with his volley pistol and a 1x special weapon dwarf? Rules are a bit fuzzy but 3 models every 10 with a special weapon wouldn't that be 1 in 3.something?

Also Was consiering to get 2 company 1 thunderer as the captain or shieldbearer but not sure again on rules :(

If I remember correctly it says you can only have one champion per warscroll, but didn't say anything else, so I'm assuming that means you can have a unit of one with the champion.

Going to be doing a campaign with a friend in a couple weeks starting at 32 renown (he is playing ironjawz and that was the lowest legal warband he could make), and was planning on having a endrinrigger champion, thundered champion and arkanaut champion with one friend, along with the endrinmaster

As far as the special weapons goes I think the warscroll says for every 10 you can have 3, I read that as you need to have 10 in the unit first, but I could be wrong. I guess it all depends if your opponent is happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Firstly, great looking warbands @Nin Win@Orruk'sPizza and @Jamie the Jasper! Awesome work.

I played through the full Shadespire campaign this Wednesday at Warhammer World with @Paul Buckler

We started at 40 renown and my warband was; Megaboss Krunk, Brute Boss, Ardboy Boss.
By the end of the campaign I was up to 97 renown; Krunk, 5 Brutes, 4 Arboys and 2 Gore-gruntas.

I'll post some photos shortly. It was great fun to see the narrative link between the battleplans and watch the warbands grow! :D 

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

We started at 40 renown and my warband was; Megaboss Krunk, Brute Boss, Ardboy Boss.
By the end of the campaign I was up to 97 renown; Krunk, 5 Brutes, 4 Arboys and 2 Gore-gruntas.

On Heelanhammer they talked briefly about 75 renown being their sweat spot.  Did you have a similar experience or was it sweet all the way to 97?

7 minutes ago, Nin Win said:

On Heelanhammer they talked briefly about 75 renown being their sweat spot.  Did you have a similar experience or was it sweet all the way to 97?

I'd need to know the context tbh. Were they playing random sized games, or playing straight through the campaign?

If they were playing the campaign then it could've been the battleplans they played as their warbands hit that sort of size they enjoyed as opposed to the warband size specifically, if that makes sense?

Whereas if they just tried a bunch of individual games at different sizes I guess they could've settled on 75 as their preferred size. Seems like you get a nice variety of stuff at around that level. The games play super quick whatever though!

For me, I loved all 6 games and the progression throughout felt really organic and just worked in the battleplans. I would say the game worked equally well at 40 renown as it did at ~100 renown. There are some battleplans I preferred, but tbh I didn't give much consideration to whether the warband size influences that. Interesting question @Nin Win! I wonder what my opponent @Paul Buckler felt? As an aside, I will say that shooting was no where near as dominant as I expected. I did expect that to get exponentially more powerful as our warbands grew (what with me having no shooting and Paul's Kharadron Overlords all toting guns!)

When I run an evening event at the club, it will be 3 games staggered at 50, 60 and 70 I think.

On 5/30/2017 at 7:56 PM, CrimsonKing said:

25 minutes ago, scrollbuilderdude said:

Had a great time playing, and I'm also confused as to why Chaos Hounds / Dire Wolves are only 2 renown.

This seems to be further evidence supporting the matched points to renown equation (points per model ÷ 5):

60 ÷ 5 ÷ 5 = 2.4

80 ÷ 10 ÷ 5 = 1.6

So they both round to 2 renown. They're as far apart as they can be and still have the same renown. Renown doesn't seem perfectly balanced, maybe if people are concerned about this they could just use matched play points per model for matched play in skirmish. So dire wolves would be 12 points and chaos hounds 8. And then balance your game that way across the board.

Yes that comment was to imply the point imbalance between the two, when comparing the statlines. Direwolves are twice as effective! I do agree the "divide by 5" should've been left out to maintain some granularity, or very least GW should've reevaluated effectiveness and points for each model

Some work putting together my undead: cairn wraith and potential wight king... Do his arms look too spindly?

Otherwise take Arkan on foot.

911fd9d8a53605e0af3d9da10e1b2ed9.jpg

Archived