Skirmish - Post your warband

4 hours ago, awcamawn said:

The formula for calculating renown points seems to be the matched play point cost divided by unit size then divided by 5 (and rounded to the nearest point). You can figure renown costs this way for anything that is not in the book.

This formula was the rumour going around on the internet before the book was released, and it does seem to fit many models. However, there are quite a lot of units that do not fit the formula - some with higher costs and some with lower costs - have a look a Mournfang, Kurnoth Hunters and Goregruntas. With this in mind I think you'll be fine using the formula in casual or narrative play, but may have a problem in a more 'formal' game.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Wonder If a single sister og the thorn or a doomfire warlock is counted as a wizard, or is this a case where you need the full five of a unit to Get the ability? They seem pretty good If a single one counts

10 minutes ago, Baardah said:

I Wonder If a single sister og the thorn or a doomfire warlock is counted as a wizard, or is this a case where you need the full five of a unit to Get the ability? They seem pretty good If a single one counts

I would assume they count as a wizard. Makes those kinds of models quite powerful. The sisters and the warlocks are at least priced for it. Pink horrors are a very cheap wizard. That is, unless I'm mistaken on this. 

Edit: And I assume that all models of the same warscroll could only cast one spell, instead of each model.

And in the spirit of the thread:

Battlesmith

Auric Runefather

2x Hearthguard Berzerkers

6x Vulkite Berzerkers

8 hours ago, Soup Dragon said:

This formula was the rumour going around on the internet before the book was released, and it does seem to fit many models. However, there are quite a lot of units that do not fit the formula - some with higher costs and some with lower costs - have a look a Mournfang, Kurnoth Hunters and Goregruntas. With this in mind I think you'll be fine using the formula in casual or narrative play, but may have a problem in a more 'formal' game.

General's Handbook 2 point values?

;)

Not quite finished painting yet but this is mine. Crypt Haunter Courtier, Crypt Ghast Courtier, Crypt Ghast, Crypt Ghouls x4.

IMG_20170520_132306242.jpg

Aur

On 2017-5-28 at 4:21 AM, Fungrim said:

Is that 50 renown?? Why are dwarfs always so expensive?

On 2017-5-28 at 4:26 AM, someone2040 said:

He has 2 characters in that, which eats into a lost of the cost for a 50 renown warband. Personally I feel you're better off with more models than a second hero, but maybe the Runefather adds some X factor I'm not aware of.

As for warbands, I ran this warband yesterday and won 2 games with it

Chaos Lord - Inspirational Fighter - Helm of Authority

2 Chaos Knights

3 Chaos Warriors

1 Marauder Horseman

2 Marauders

Depending if you want more speed at the expense of toughness, you could trade a Chaos Warrior for another Horseman.

Auric runefather deals 3 damage per attack, also he can ****** heroes/monsters. 

Ill stick with it for now, but wont run the ironwarden with torpedo anymore. I think that drakegun with two shots maybe better

Waywatcher lord 20

merciless killer 

blessed amulet

Waywatcher (sentinel) 3

3 Gladeguard (1 lords bowman) 6

Hunting hound 4

2 wildwood rangers (1 warden) 8

Sister of the thorn (handmaiden) 9

Is it Cheesy to take the champion upgrades in skirmish?

I was trying this at 50 points:  

"The Royal Hunt"

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Foot (24)

Crypt Haunter (11)

Crypt Horror (11)

Crypt Ghast (2)

Crypt Ghoul (2)

A noble king with two honourable knights (part of his Kingsguard, no doubt) and two loyal men-at-arms.

4 hours ago, Baardah said:

Is it Cheesy to take the champion upgrades in skirmish?

Not even a little. They are free. Everyone can do it.  It makes sense (this is how they became champions,  maybe - by earning a rep and serving their general).

For my part, I plan to make almost all my guys musicians and call my group The War Band.  Har har.

1 hour ago, Sete said:

Do you have a example that you could pm me?

I haven't done the conversion, but the vampire on a zombie dragon should be quite easy to get on eBay as it will be a leftover from every terrogheist ever buildt. It is way bigger than any other part from death kits I know of. But if you took the upper body from that kit and combined it with the legs from the chaos lord here. I imagine it could look pretty cool. IMG_1557.PNG.7c0ebc93ac00f039755a86c05e74a797.PNG

Change one arm with a vhargheist wing and you could have something similar to this

IMG_1558.PNG.41b494376cd61bf9914594d12fadfe01.PNG

Tomorrow I will start building the models for the warband so pictures will have to wait. I decided to go full narrative on this building a band of easily scared ghost/monster hunters. I expect to loose a lot but also to have fun being chased around tombstones and spooky graveyards. If these guys will have a chance of winning I will have to find good sniper positions, take full advantage of the scenery and take no stupid chances.

General

- Exelsior Warrior Priest 16 renown* (my drunken, no good priest, his gambling debt forced him to Shadespire in the first place)

- Gryphound (now we only need the Mystery van:D).

- Cog Master ( can't hunt the undead without a shotgun wielding dwarf).

- 3 x Free people Archers. 

total 50 renown.

*I know this guy isn't in the Skirmish book but we agreed he was a must for my band of naive humans))

First Skirmish team I aim to finish is my Kharadron Overlords Away Team.   

1 Aether-Khemist

10 Arkanaut Company (With one of each special weapons)    

2 Grundstok Thunderers (Unsure of how I am going to arm them. Most likely Rifle and Cannon I suppose).  

Fortunately my army is Barak-Mhornar, so this Away Team shouldn't have to worry about red-shirt syndrome. Just to be sure, no instances of red clothing will be allowed off the ship.

I played a smallish game at 40 points, and really felt opponents model like lord relictor were OP. 5wound 3+ save, with 4 rend 1 attacks and a command ability doing D3 mortal wounds, plus could heal himself, for a modest hero price of 16 pts...
Didn't see any chaos hero model with near that value.

Main gripe being mortal wounds are devastating in this format due to limited model count.

But I've not played AOS in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I played a smallish game at 40 points, and really felt opponents model like lord relictor were OP. 5wound 3+ save, with 4 rend 1 attacks and a command ability doing D3 mortal wounds, plus could heal himself, for a modest hero price of 16 pts...
Didn't see any chaos hero model with near that value.

Main gripe being mortal wounds are devastating in this format due to limited model count.

But I've not played AOS in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lord Relictor biggest minus is his 4" movement but on a small gameboard this isn't a huge deal.

After some thought (haven't tried skirmish yet)  maybe they should have just not put any heros in the game.

Had a game with a friend, I was using Wanderers and he was using High Elves:

Nomad Prince
2 Sisters of the Thorn
3 Sisters of the Watch
2 Glade Guard

Loremaster
2 Reavers
4 Swordmasters
3 Spireguard

Playing the assassination battleplan with me as the target. My friend's list seemed a lot more effective than mine, Reavers with their multiple shots did well at wittling down my guys. By the time the swordmasters and spireguard got in melee range the reavers had beat my guys to death. The Nomad Prince is decent in combat though and perhaps I could have won if I'd sent him into action sooner.

Archived