40K starter set - Do those look like Nurgle Marauders?

So, the new 40K starter set came out and it looks like the set has what could be either Plague Zombies or a new Nurlge Marauder kit (Bloodreavers/Kairic Acolytes style). What do people think? Could this be a 40K/AoS Dual unit that could see a separate release? 

On that topic, considering its basically confirmed we'll get a Nurgle release for both systems, what do we expect to see? My money would be on: 

- Great Unclean kit/Named variant 
- Plague Marauders 
- Plague Warriors 
- Nurgle Mage 
- Nurgle Cavalry 

DarkImperium2.jpg

DarkImperiumContents (1).jpg

I honestly found models of both starter set armies to be really high quality and very well looking. I personally prefer Primaris over Marauders but I'm the person who upon first seeing SCE (being quite tired) thought "oh, so GW finally started making nice models". So, yeah I'm baiased towards polished heavy armour.

5 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

So, the new 40K starter set came out and it looks like the set has what could be either Plague Zombies or a new Nurlge Marauder kit (Bloodreavers/Kairic Acolytes style). What do people think? Could this be a 40K/AoS Dual unit that could see a separate release? 

On that topic, considering its basically confirmed we'll get a Nurgle release for both systems, what do we expect to see? My money would be on: 

- Great Unclean kit/Named variant 
- Plague Marauders 
- Plague Warriors 
- Nurgle Mage 
- Nurgle Cavalry 

DarkImperium2.jpg

DarkImperiumContents (1).jpg

My money is on:

Guo, beast (we really need that one) and marauders or another cheap unit.

also hoping for Pestigors and a new Epidemus.

Would love for those Poxwalkers to work for AOS as well, that joker smile is creepy, but they seem all to 40k for them to become AOS unless they get a whole new sculpt.

As for AoS Nurgle related expectations! I think we'll see a Mortal mutant kit that looks like this one but essentially isn't full of 1/2 part models. 

So yeah basically the Tzaangor concept but with different models than these starters (like Bloodreaver starter models are different as the actual boxed kit).

Cheers,

They could work as Marauders, but with a few changes. The weapons and a few details (mechanical arm, etc..) and most of them should be good.

Same goes for the Plague Marines, could work great as Nurgle Warriors or Blightkings with a some tweeks.

But AoS will probably have their own Nurgle releases....

2 hours ago, VBS said:

But AoS will probably have their own Nurgle releases....

I don't expect the plural. There are a ton of Nurgle Units allready, some of them just need an updated model but are otherwise rather good to go.

I do think there will be "Nurgle Marauders" but other than that I'd expect some updated Clan Pestilence Skaven and honestly that allows you to go mono-Nurgle if you want to. 

Just now, Menkeroth said:

Aye, clans Pestilence and pestigors and it's a start. It certainly could be akin to the Tzeentch release.

Absolutely.

If I had to make a guess a new release would be:
- Poxwalkers of Nurgle (the above guys) in a 40K and AOS kit variant. The above is the starter kit variant, which will share the looks but as you can quite clearly see above I expect the 40K variant to have more nails and wrentches where the AoS variant has more swords and hammers.
- Plague Censer Bearers, a simple kit that will also cover the bits to convert a Plague Priest if you feel so inclined. I expect their look to be bloated and to be bigger as Plague Monks. 

Unfortunatly I don't think we will see Nurgle support 'new' Beastmen. Then again, for AoS I think GW is willing to go with the vibe that Skaven are also beast-men as much as tzaangors and khorgoraths are beast-men.

44 minutes ago, Killax said:

- Poxwalkers of Nurgle (the above guys) in a 40K and AOS kit variant. The above is the starter kit variant, which will share the looks but as you can quite clearly see above I expect the 40K variant to have more nails and wrentches where the AoS variant has more swords and hammers.

This could be trickier. They already look a bit more techy, so to speak - for Tzaangors it was easier, so maybe they really will release a separate box for AoS, although I won't be that surprised if they release one single box for two systems.

46 minutes ago, Killax said:

- Plague Censer Bearers, a simple kit that will also cover the bits to convert a Plague Priest if you feel so inclined. I expect their look to be bloated and to be bigger as Plague Monks.

That would be good. Clan Pestilence has a decent book and great fluff but in terms of models it's in horrible state - they have a great verminlord and decent old machines but very old and ugly plague monks. And they were not updated since then!

47 minutes ago, Killax said:

Unfortunatly I don't think we will see Nurgle support 'new' Beastmen. Then again, for AoS I think GW is willing to go with the vibe that Skaven are also beast-men as much as tzaangors and khorgoraths are beast-men.

Can be - we already see lots of usual beastmen with Nurgle, so yes, they can leave them be for quite a time now.

Archived