Tzeench for 1k Tournament

Olmdebil

Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140) - Runestaff

9 x Tzaangor Skyfires (480)
10 x Chaos Warriors (180) -Hand Weapon & Shield
10 x Chaos Marauders (60) -Axes - Damned Icon
Total: 980/2000

just painted some Tzeench stuff the last days and i would like to play that List above in an little 1k Tournament.

Plan is simple ....Block with warriors /marauders ...buff the Skyfire with Demonic Power ( reroll 1 hit/would/save) toss in some Mystic shild with the shaman and try to sniper Key Modells from my Enemy Turn1 or 2 ;-)

Any Ideas on Spells /General Abilitys ? and who pick as General ?and why?

thanks Guys

It's certainly very powerful. I'd go for the Sorcerer Lord General, equipment at this level is largely irrelevant due to army design. I think your capable of picking the powerful Command Trait and Artefact by yourself ;).

You've got 9 Skyfires to snipe out pretty much every key model due to having 9 Fate Dice on top of it. I would however be inclined to split up the Skyfire unit into one of 6 and one of 3. Perhaps even just 3 of 3. Only thing that can put a possible halt to it is something that brought the same ammount of ranged attacks or can swamp it. Have fun!

I would change chaos wariors for tzanagors and sorc lord for gaunt summoner. Gaunt have epic infernal flames that can be game breaker in this number of points and shaman have boon of mutation so would be nice to get back some tzaanagors that failed

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Imo certainly make the sorcerer your general, your opponents already have enough incentive to focus that shaman down, might as well at least avoid losing your general as well when that happens. The only exception I'd say is if you want to put illusionist on your shaman to protect him.

I'd also say maybe consider dropping the unit of marauders for 2 units of brimstones since you have 20pts free. That will give you more chaffe to soak up damage or camp objectives.

Also have you considered 3 units of 3 skyfires instead of a single big unit? Ya, it would prevent you from being able to buff all at once with demonic power but lets be realistic. At 1000pts, 9 buffed skyfires is going to vastly overkill almost anything you aim it at. Imo you would be better off splitting em up so you can threaten different things. It also gives you more freedom to move around tactically. Plus you get 2 more skyfire champion dudes so your damage may even be a bit higher. As it stands right now you are investing 75% of your army (9 skyfires, sorc, and shaman) into a single combo. 

I'd agree with przenicki1987 on the overall premise that a gaunt is better than a sorcerer lord. On average a gaunt with familiars is going to bring way more pain than demonic power will add to your skyfire shots for less pts. I'd disagree on the tzaangors though, imo, while Tzaangors can bring a bit more damage chaos warriors are going to stand up to more punishment which is what their role is in this list. Also warriors are cooler. ;) 

3 hours ago, themortalgod said:

I'd also say maybe consider dropping the unit of marauders for 2 units of brimstones since you have 20pts free. That will give you more chaffe to soak up damage or camp objectives.

He needs two battlline and brimstones are not :/

3 hours ago, themortalgod said:

Imo you would be better off splitting em up so you can threaten different things.

You an already split your fire,  24" is enough to cover a lot of interesting things i am not sure it is worth splitting them.

From what i first thought, i was pretty sure you would go for CHAOS allegeance and Lord Of War. maybe i was wrong.

No matter  how you run them, 9 of these dudes are going to **** things up. That being said, I'd probably run them in units of three so as to get the +1 for the aviarch. A shaman within 9" almost guarantees the d3 mortal wounds that way, especially if buffed by the sorc lord.

I also like the idea of using the warriors.... although it's hard to argue with Tzangors. They are so fast the can keep up, at least for a while, with the flyers, and they put out a ton of hurt.

thx for all the replays ...je playing the 9 skyfire as 1 unit buffing them with Lord of War and demonic power means 2 to Hit 1 Reroll and deadlys on 4+....guess im not need the destiny Dice for that setup ( if i wanna go for lord of war il need Chaos allegeance right?)

if il pick Tzaangors il go something :

Tzaangor Shaman (120)
Gaunt Summoner (100)
Units
10 x Tzaangors (180)
6 x Tzaangor Skyfires (320)
3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60) -Axes - Damned Icon
Battalions
Tzaangor Coven (40)

( Running tzeench alligeance here for the destiny dices for the summoner big casts )

il do not have any Horrors...didnt like the models at all :)

and where is the warscroll with the Gaunt summoner with Familars? didnt find them in the Battletome ;-) and whats the Poinits cost for him ?

You can find the Gaunt Summoner with Familiars rules in the PDF GW released for Silver Tower models in AoS, its downloadable on their website:
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-whquest-rules-en.pdf

His points are in the pitched battles profiles list which is in the FAQ section of the GW site.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/ENG_Silver_Tower_PB.pdf

Why they didn't stick im in the DoT book is beyond me. There is also a warscroll someplace for a Gaunt on a Disc but he has a worse spell so I've never considered using him. 

Also if you are going chaos allegiance, you could also take a squad of chaos familiars, which is 40pts for 2 if memory serves and they have a +1 cast aura. They don't have Tzeentch keyword though so can only be used in Chaos allegiance. That would get a nice +1 onto your shaman and your gaunt with familiars would be up to +2 to cast which is pretty damn good. 

Personally, I feel Tzeentch allegiance would be better for you tbh. Destiny dice are so strong and the extra spells so valuable. Lord of war is certainly great but I'm unconvinced that it is better. 

On 5/21/2017 at 8:16 PM, themortalgod said:

Personally, I feel Tzeentch allegiance would be better for you tbh. Destiny dice are so strong and the extra spells so valuable. Lord of war is certainly great but I'm unconvinced that it is better. 

Yeah, What he said. I'm personally NEVER going to run with any other allegiance when playing an all- Tzeentch list. It is a mistake to play with rules that are best suited for other (mixed) builds. The Chaos allegiance traits are great when used in certain builds using mixtures of Skaven and mortal units, and are really cool when running certain Beastmen builds.

15 hours ago, Olmdebil said:

l do not have any Horrors...didnt like the models at all

That's a shame..... They are an awesome addition to any Tzeentch build, even if you only use them as summoned units. Depending on the size of game, I will bring anywhere from 3 to 5 units of ten. I give them all the fold reality spell so they have the ability to regenerate.

I keep a hero close for the +1 to cast, and they are handing out Mystic shield, arcane bolt damage, and then they add their shots. admittedly, you won't win any games by counting on their shooting, but it ups their nuisance value.

14 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

is there any warscroll for just familiars as a unit ? i allways thought that they are fixed attached to an gaunt summoner ?

There is a warscroll in the compendium for individual familiar.

40 points each. No keywords. ****** stats. +1 to cast for friendly CHAOS WIZARD at 6" range.

The no-keyword part is annoying. Leave them to Clan Skryre buddies.

and when i run this Tzaangor Battalione.... how to equip the 10 Tzaangors? 4x Greatblade 6x Shild?

and 1 Question to the Gaunt Summoner and the Destiny Dice Mechanics:

Il start using Arcane Sacrafice to get reroll and +9 Range. When i now cast Infernal Flames , 8 needed (+1 from familars so 7) and il pick for example an 5 from my Destiny Pool ... do i get now 2 attemps to get a 2 or higher on the second Dice? to match the 7?

do u have an Link for that compendium/ Points cost ? ...guess im abit to dump to find it ^^

"Chaos Familiars" is actually a unit size of 2.

The points values are on page 151 of the Generals Handbook.

But ... without a Tzeentch keyword, they break your Tzeentch allegiance. (i.e. you loose your destiny dice)

I do not have any Horrors...didnt like the models at all

Horrors are daemons made purely from the warp... if you don't like the models, you can always choose another group of models (or convert them) for a "counts-as" model.

Here's an interesting set of conversions: using regular daemon models:
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o719/H-Archive/Misc/Demons%20of%20Chaos/04HorrorsOfTzeenchSide_resize_zps8f699dc8.jpg

Here's a conversion using orcs on frontline gaming:
https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2016/01/05/daily-awesome-conversion-bel-ork-kor-and-his-weird-horrors/

And there is the "ever popular" conversion/paint work using Dryad models: https://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/92147-my%20pink%20horrors.html

Given that horrors don't weapons on their stat-line I would probably wouldn't worry about it too much.

Chose a weapon that you like the looks, if you want to equip one.

For a suitable Tzeentch flavor the new kairic acolyte weapons would be an interesting match. Shortened chaos halberds or the weapons from clanrats are also viable.

On 2017-05-23 at 10:31 PM, przenicki1987 said:

I have played today 1k tzeentch
6x skyfire
Lord of change
Gaunt summoner
2x10 pinks
Something like that and rlly if u spam skyfire ppl will hate u 6 is quite ok but 9 will make ppl rage

Wysłane z mojego SM-G928F przy użyciu Tapatalka

How about cramming a Shaman in there for +1 to hit? 

# models    Name of unit    Role    Points
1    Lord of change    Leader    300
1    Tazaangor shaman    Leader    120
10    Pink horrors of Tzeentch    Battleline    140
20    Chaos marauders    Battleline    120
6    Tzaangor skyfires        320

Archived