Pros and cons of a 40k subforum?

MidasKiss

Hey Ben, considering getting into 40k from AoS and been wondering where to find non toxic chat about it. I wondered if you ever considered having a subforum here? Would it just bring toxicity into the forum and poison the well, or would it bring positive AoS players into a 40k environment?

Alternatively, anyone have advice for where to look, podcasts to listen to (apart from the Sigbrah boys new Triumvirate podcast of course). I'm only coming up on a year of AoS and never played 40k so got a lot to learn.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you, [mention=1519]MidasKiss[/mention]. I don't think it's an appropriate addition to this site, but I'd love to see it. I know nothing about 40K other than the fact that I'm excited to try out my Start Collecting Tyranids after 8th edition drops.

I'm looking at Tyranids also! Coming from Sylvaneth I loved that everything I painted was alive. I'm not keen on mass hoards though so wondering if I can get away with a more elite heavy army in the new edition. I just watched the new alien movie (average), so I'm hyped for more elite aliens haha

Well, I would recommend going to the Bolter & Chainsword, but it is a no-xenos forum, so you won't be able to talk too much about tyranids there... However if you ever get into Chaos or Imperium it is probably the less toxic 40k forum out there.

i'm not going to be adding 40k here but I am considering launching a partner forum to cover 40k with the same ethos as TGA.  It seems a busy space though and i'm not sure if 40k needs another forum.  

Hey Ben, considering getting into 40k from AoS and been wondering where to find non toxic chat about it. I wondered if you ever considered having a subforum here? Would it just bring toxicity into the forum and poison the well, or would it bring positive AoS players into a 40k environment?

Alternatively, anyone have advice for where to look, podcasts to listen to (apart from the Sigbrah boys new Triumvirate podcast of course). I'm only coming up on a year of AoS and never played 40k so got a lot to learn.

Cheers

Check out 'The Independent Characters' for an excellent 40k podcast, especially once the new edition drops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i'm not going to be adding 40k here but I am considering launching a partner forum to cover 40k with the same ethos as TGA.  It seems a busy space though and i'm not sure if 40k needs another forum.  

Thanks for the reply, Ben. Amy recommendations for forums in that world that you know of?

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:00 AM, Ben said:

Good choice IMO @Ben.

As @MidasKiss mentioned it, I'll give a cheeky plug to my new 40K podcast; The Triumvirate. It's hosted with @Andy Talbot & @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) and the first episode is out now!!

It's currently featured in the Hobbies & Games section on iTunes, where it ranks 5th (for the time being!!). You can also find it here;

https://thetriumvirate.podbean.com/e/the-triumvirate-ep1-the-tinkerer-crab/

It comes at the new edition of 40K from the perspective of AoS players, so we use a lot of references etc that hopefully will make it an intriguing listen for any AoS players who are 40K curious.

Check it out.

Cheers,
Chris x

Archived