Kingdom of Ind

Rob P

Has anyone anywhere ever made a Kingdom of Ind army based on the fanfic army book that came out in 8th? I'd love to see some of the models. In the future, when i've had a lot more practice at all of the elements of the hobby, I'd like to try and put something together.

Has anyone with any interest in Kingdom of Ind had any luck finding suitable 28mm models to represent those in the aforementioned army book?

Finally, how would you translate something like this into AoS? It seems to me that, initially, the best way is to take an existing alliance and 'count as' everything.

1 hour ago, Rob P said:

Has anyone anywhere ever made a Kingdom of Ind army based on the fanfic army book that came out in 8th? I'd love to see some of the models. In the future, when i've had a lot more practice at all of the elements of the hobby, I'd like to try and put something together.

I tried to find examples but failed. I only know there is a great Nippon army being based on the Wargames Factory samurai.

1 hour ago, Rob P said:

Has anyone with any interest in Kingdom of Ind had any luck finding suitable 28mm models to represent those in the aforementioned army book?

Not that much, mostly another scale and it's seldom of good quality. I can't even find suitable elephants!

1 hour ago, Rob P said:

Finally, how would you translate something like this into AoS? It seems to me that, initially, the best way is to take an existing alliance and 'count as' everything.

It's not that difficult, you can write warscrolls if you need. I see it as an army of lightly armored spearmen, heavy cavalry, elephants and cannons on them. Maybe also chariots.

There was a plog over on Herdstone that was Ind based (not done by me). Found it. Looks like the last update was in 2014.

http://z8.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=26992&st=0

8 pages of "counts as" beastmen goodness ... lots of conversions. Monkey men as Ungors, Tiger men as Gors, and Elephant men as Minotaurs, all vaguely aligned with Tzeentch.

And they were looking good on Herdstone - shame they gave up. Such a beautiful army book and so much effort gone in to it to have no other players.

Thanks both. The search continues.

1 hour ago, Trout said:

Now that we aren't stuck with the cheesiness of the old world, can we at least get rid of the names "Ind, Araby, and Nippon"? That wasn't exactly the high point of GW's creativity.

I like how Ind and Araby are at least slight variants on the common English words for those places. Nippon isn't even changed at all!

Archived