Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SigvaldtheMagnificent

Sigvald's Decadent Host - Slaanesh Army

The left one is a cawdor ganger and left is an empire wizard head

20 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

where did the pointy hat heads come from?

The one on the left comes in the Cawdor Necromunda kits (same kit as the bodies you see). You get 4 of them, 2 have the candles and 2 are the other kind.

The guy on the right's pointy hat is from the empire/freeguild battle mage.

Not sure if I should try some green OSL on the gold.

02.jpg.3c891cd0170eae69e31b0ee844a239ca.jpg

Went with the goat head because it's the best and fits with the beastmen. Think I might leave the dangly face chains off. We'll see.

01.jpg.bfd156d7a82cf44f1ea617d930cf0352.jpg

Converted Contorted Epitome from bits 03.jpg.819bf8e18d04768780636ed08522be27.jpg

• Like 4

Last game before the new book

b2.jpg.96118634ebb94100e2b291f9b8816c60.jpg

Bastilladon inside of the herdstone -save range is much easier to killb.jpg.762c857c9b75e0090e06ed8b0bb9b218.jpg

I don't like the stockings on the KoS so I filed the line off and will be making the strap into another piece of jewelry, and then paint the whole leg as skin.

k2.jpg.dc5ea575a71e03a64233c7458b7184da.jpg

Since the new KoS is so big I am making my old counts-as much bigger. The new one also comes with 2 sets of the claw arms, so he will be getting the big claws as well, either attached to the top of the shoulders or at the bottom of the torso like fulgrim. Once this layer of greenstuff is dry I will try adding detail and thickening the snake part up in proportion.

k.jpg.e62acd9af1bfef237dabc37e182c69d0.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)

Im converting  Syll’Esske into Sigvald ascended.
Should I keep the cape this long since Sigvald floats above the ground? or is it too stupid and I should cut it along the red dotted lines? 
He is only supposed to float an inch, so I can also leave a bit of space and glue just the cape to the base so his feet are like .5 cm off the base. I kind of want him to float so that I can counts as  Syll’Esske or a DP with wings and fly, so the floating will show it can fly.

Thoughts?

sig.jpg

sigvalda.jpg

Edited by SigvaldtheMagnificent
  • Like 3

Looks like you’ve done a great job on the hair, I’d keep it. Paint always goes a long way to fixing up any issues I’ve had with sculpting.

That Syll'eske Sigvald is simply... Magnficient! He captures the original model's style to a T. It's fantastic how well he turned out.  I have to ask are you using an Avatar of Khaine Torso on him? I don't recognize the shoulders. 

14 hours ago, Rhivan said:

He captures the original model's style to a T. It's fantastic how well he turned out.  I have to ask are you using an Avatar of Khaine Torso on him? I don't recognize the shoulders. 

I think it works because his pose is the exact same as the old Sigvald model, look at the right side of the photo I posted.  Both have the same stride and pose, foot forward etc without any modification.

No his torso is also the Syll Esske model. All I did was add 1 shoulder pad from the daemon prince kit, and the other is a shield from deepkin, but both have slaanesh symbols glued onto them.  When its all painted gold it will look like armor instead of Syll Esske's bare skin.

Very nice. I think it looks fine and will be great once painted. The conversion matches well.

Played with the new book and depraved drove. Lost against shooty seraphon but got to learn the new tricks.

game.jpg.fcaf57c2018fc649b449f51e642218b3.jpg

Did another epitome out of spare parts and an infernal enrapturess

units.jpg.f5a2925b3efe63b6e0267534fa15ea18.jpg

Sigvald ascended 

siga.jpg.72b748930f3b3e2c58275c729279e437.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

Such a nice thread! And your army is so cool and beautiful! Im just about to start a new project making a depraved drove with mostly minotaur and seeing all your conversions is very inspiring! Looking forward to seeing more stuff

After many games, I feel like beastmen are the most fun to play. The ambush, herdstone and gavespawn free spawn mechanics are very fun.

However, slaanesh allegiance is better at killing Stormies, and I really dislike Stormies.

stormes1.jpg

stormies1.jpg

• Like 1

Started playing WHFB again for fun. Bought another WoC/StoD army, unpainted and on squares to work on. Will be doing a silver armor this time for the warriors instead of black.

I forgot how strong these units used to be

wh.jpg