Tzeentch list 2000 points

DarrinTheOccult

Hi! This list has Tzeentch mortals and arcanites of Tzeentch. I would like to know your opinion:

Allegiance: Tzeentch

LEADERS:

- Chaos Lord on Manticore of Tzeentch (300 pts.) [General]

Flail and Runeshield

Command Trait | Illusionist

Artefact | Timeslip Pendant

- Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch (140 pts.)

Lore of Fate | Glimpse the future

- Ogroid Thaumaturge (160 pts.)

Artefact | Daemonheart

Lore of Fate | Infusion Arcanum

- Tzaangor Shaman (120 pts.)

Lore of Fate | Bolt of Tzeentch

Lore of Change | Arcane Transformation

UNITS

- (2x) 9 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch (360 pts.)

Hand weapons and shields

- 5 Chaos Knights of Tzeentch (200 ptos.)

Chaos Glaives

- (2x) 1 Chaos Chariot (160 ptos.)

War flails

- (2x) 9 Kairic Acolytes (280 pts.)

5 Blades and shields

4 Pairs of blades

- 3 Tzaangor Skyfires (160 ptos.)

BATTALIONS

Fatesworn Warband

2000 pts.

I really like the mix of models you've used. I'd say you'd not be cheesing it up if you'd swap one of the Chariots to another unit of Skyfires, instead I think it would give a really nice mix of what used to be WoC and BoC, having all kinds of units represented.

Looking forward to some shots of your force, your avatar allready gives a very cool Tzeentch Warrior. So certainly continue this plan :) 

3 hours ago, Killax said:

I really like the mix of models you've used. I'd say you'd not be cheesing it up if you'd swap one of the Chariots to another unit of Skyfires, instead I think it would give a really nice mix of what used to be WoC and BoC, having all kinds of units represented.

Looking forward to some shots of your force, your avatar allready gives a very cool Tzeentch Warrior. So certainly continue this plan :) 

Thank you very much! About the chariots, they cost 80 pts each, 160 in total, so I'd need to remove both to take 3 more Skyfires. The problem is that if I swap the chariots to another unit of Skyfires, I'd lose the necessary units for the Battalion Fatesworn Warband. This is because the Tzaangors don't count as "mortal" and I need 1 mortal hero of Tzeentch, and 9 mortal tzeentch units.

The next objetive of the list is to reach at 2.500 points, and then I'll be delighted to pick more Skyfires and also Enlightened to make some extra Battalion. However, I've started recently and I need to go step by step!

Ah okay, yeah if you want to keep that Battalion around you can certainly commit to this list aswell. The ranged support/assassin role Skyfires can adopt is just very good and if you mix that with the stability the Slaves to Darkness Mortals come with I think your going to have a nice way to keep assassinating ranged pieces. 

Looking forward to see the project though, it looks good and kitbashing can really create something cool.

8 hours ago, Killax said:

Ah okay, yeah if you want to keep that Battalion around you can certainly commit to this list aswell. The ranged support/assassin role Skyfires can adopt is just very good and if you mix that with the stability the Slaves to Darkness Mortals come with I think your going to have a nice way to keep assassinating ranged pieces. 

Looking forward to see the project though, it looks good and kitbashing can really create something cool.

The point is that the battalion gives to all units in it -1 Rend (melee and missile weapons), extra save of 6+ to units with multiples of 9 miniatures (the acolytes with shield have three 6+ saves O.o), and all Heros can cast Arcane Bolt in the Hero phase (wizards can use it in addition to other spells) So I think the army is in general more agressive if I keep that battalion instead of getting more Skyfires ^_^

3 hours ago, DarrinTheOccult said:

The point is that the battalion gives to all units in it -1 Rend (melee and missile weapons), extra save of 6+ to units with multiples of 9 miniatures (the acolytes with shield have three 6+ saves O.o), and all Heros can cast Arcane Bolt in the Hero phase (wizards can use it in addition to other spells) So I think the army is in general more agressive if I keep that battalion instead of getting more Skyfires ^_^

Ah keep it if you want to! :D 

Archived