Ogor compendium terminology

Crosslight

Question

In the attached photo,

Banner of the Great Maw: In your hero phase, a Bruiser can plant the Banner of the Great Maw in the ground with a mighty bellow. If he does so, he may not move until your next hero phase, but until then all Ogor units from your army within 18" of him are imbued with the hunger of the Great Maw. In the combat phase, wound rolls of 6 or more for these units inflict a mortal wound in addition to any other damage, as your warriors bite big chunks out of the foe

Q: Does this carry over into the combat phase for units that move outside the 18" range? Imbued I think is the wrong wording here since it is a planted banner. Banner planting makes sense as limiting the AoE by stopping movement and charging. This imbued term can mean simply that units outside the banner's range in the following turn are then outside of range....

I want this to work and my argument is that the warscroll would not use the word imbued within 18" until the next hero phase. The warscroll would simply state the model cannot move until the next hero phase and units within 18" in the combat phase get the boon.

Thoughts? Are there any like examples on other scrolls that have been judged by an authority or GW FAQ?

stnrdOGOR.png

3 answers to this question

The wording states that they are imbued when within 18'', not that they receive a lasting buff (i.e: 'until next X phase..') 

This banner works the same way as the other banners ;) if your ogors leave the 18'' range, they lose the buff. The word 'imbued' is not a substitute for 'persistent' 

Archived