• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So from my observations of review videos that feature pages of FEC, i found out a few things (sorry if some of this is old news for some):

• Deathly minions is wholly within 12" of General or FEC hero.
  • Crusading Army delusion is rerolls to charge or run rolls (not just 1's).
  • Defenders of the realm delusion is also wholly within your territory (previously it was at least half the unit).
  • If your leader with Majestic Horror (double summon trait) does not have a summon ability they gain the Men-At-Arms (10 ghouls) ability.
  • I could not see any reference to summoning command abilties being 1 use only on the FEC page or the summoning pages.

I'm of the inclination that there must be some words somewhere on summoning being 1 use or something similar, as the potential to pump out Horrors/Flayers at the rate of 6 per turn for 1 command point seems mighty strong, or to save up commands points and combo for crazy amounts of Horrors/Flayers is also maybe over the top.

These abilities now cost no reinforcement points and have been tweaked so they work once per Ghoul King. In short, this means that every Ghoul King essentially comes with a free unit...

taken from the Faction Focus

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/05/27/27th-may-faction-focus-flesh-eater-courtsgw-homepage-post-3/

i‘m not sure how command points are generated or how the mentioned royal family battalion works, well with the new rules in detail, but Excited I Am ?

21 minutes ago, Honk said:

These abilities now cost no reinforcement points and have been tweaked so they work once per Ghoul King. In short, this means that every Ghoul King essentially comes with a free unit...?

Im gusssing its going to be a Warscroll change, I was hoping the handbook would provide clarification on unit reinforcing and how that will now work.

I spoke to a GW member of staff yesterday who plays FEC and he was under the impression that ghouls were gaining the summonable keyword.

If they did do that, do FEC suddenly jump hugely in relevance in 2.0?

Also, as a new FEC player, can someone explain to me why Soulblight can't be allied to FEC? Narratively I mean.

13 minutes ago, Cchalmers said:

Also, as a new FEC player, can someone explain to me why Soulblight can't be allied to FEC? Narratively I mean.

The madness that afflicts ghoul kings is little understood, and believed by many to be contageous.  Whether it is or not, merely the belief that it might be is enough for most other vampires to hate and shun them, so it makes sense to me that they wouldn't be allies.

Though that wouldnt explain why LoN vamps would accept allied ghoul kings.

Maybe it's more a respect thing.  Vamps will accept ghoulish units working for them, but wont lower thenselves to serve ghoulish masters?

6 minutes ago, Cchalmers said:

why Soulblight can't be allied t

It the curse of delusion... the way I remember it in the old world „ghoul courts“ come from the Strigoi Blood line, a vampire line which almost got wiped out and underwent a degression into a feral state.

The AoS Flesh Eater Courts suffer from a psychic sickness, being influenced and dominated by the ghoul Kings. Slowly succumbing to the curse and degrading into a ghoul. Somewhere out there lurks the Uber-Ghoulking (iirc Ushoran) who started it all...

30 minutes ago, Cchalmers said:

I spoke to a GW member of staff yesterday who plays FEC and he was under the impression that ghouls were gaining the summonable keyword.

If they did do that, do FEC suddenly jump hugely in relevance in 2.0?

I haven't seen or heard anything that supports that FEC will get the summonable keyword, but if they did, it would be awesome!

So with the new edition I'm thinking of starting out a FEC army. They seem pretty cheap to start up, fun to paint and convert for, and really buffed by the summoning changes. How does this list look?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Majestic Horror 
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Summoned
10 x Crypt Ghouls
3 x Crypt Flayers OR Horrors

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 88

Six Horrors or Flayers (still havent decided which I like more) and 10 ghouls to summon for assistance, probably as soon as I can. Ghast, King, and Varghulf to keep things alive til the reinforcements are summoned. My main complaint is that I only have squads of 10 ghouls, which will basically melt in combat. 

Pricewise I'm looking at
>Start Collecting Flesh Eaters 
>Nightfeast Hunters Box
>Something to convert a Ghoul King, Gheist, and Varghulf
I was thinking of just getting the 'Ur-Ghul' from the 40k range for my lesser king, and then just an extra Ghoul from eBay or something for the ghast. Probably cheap. Then for the Varghulf, I can't decide if I want to try and make a really furry Flayer, for him, or just get the regular dude. I don't have any crazy conversion ideas yet, but I did want to paint my ghouls like the 'Glowing Ones' from Fallout, if I can manage some way how.

4 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

So with the new edition I'm thinking of starting out a FEC army. They seem pretty cheap to start up, fun to paint and convert for, and really buffed by the summoning changes. How does this list look?

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: Crusading Army
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- General
- Trait: Majestic Horror 
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Abhorrant Ghoul King (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Summoned
10 x Crypt Ghouls

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 88

Six Horrors or Flayers (still havent decided which I like more) and 10 ghouls to summon for assistance, probably as soon as I can. Ghast, King, and Varghulf to keep things alive til the reinforcements are summoned. My main complaint is that I only have squads of 10 ghouls, which will basically melt in combat. 

Pricewise I'm looking at
>Start Collecting Flesh Eaters 
>Nightfeast Hunters Box
>Something to convert a Ghoul King, Gheist, and Varghulf
I was thinking of just getting the 'Ur-Ghul' from the 40k range for my lesser king, and then just an extra Ghoul from eBay or something for the ghast. Probably cheap. Then for the Varghulf, I can't decide if I want to try and make a really furry Flayer, for him, or just get the regular dude. I don't have any crazy conversion ideas yet, but I did want to paint my ghouls like the 'Glowing Ones' from Fallout, if I can manage some way how.

You could use White primer and then wash them with one of the new products for nighthaunt

Archived