So... I just finished 2 games with FEC. Both had the Royal Menagerie & Ghoul Patrol but trialled a AGK in TG in 1 game, and on ZD in another. 

I didn’t like it!

Specifically, I don’t like how Ghoul Patrol operates along with the Royal Menagerie and it put me at a disadvantage with securing/holding objectives.

I played Starstrike & Scorched Earth and started Scorched Earth on 0 points. This made detention hard and/or kept my monsters as objective holders. 

I have a few ideas on how to tweak the list. 

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the best Flesh-Eater Courts could possibly hope for in Legions of Nagash are potential re-pointing and/or adjustment into how things become battleline.

And who knows, maybe that will be enough to put FEC back on the map? All I know is, I really dislike the fact you need Courtiers to unlock battleline options. It feels anti-fluff that I have these Courtiers leading the armies while the Ghoul Kings are around.

But I suspect there won't be warscroll changes. The lack of allegiance abilities IMO means they want the FEC Battletome to remain in print as the 'go to' point for FEC players. Printing the warscrolls in Legions is likely only because one of the Mortarchs (Probably Mannfredd I guess) will be able to include them in his forces.

27 minutes ago, someone2040 said:

But I suspect there won't be warscroll changes. The lack of allegiance abilities IMO means they want the FEC Battletome to remain in print as the 'go to' point for FEC players. Printing the warscrolls in Legions is likely only because one of the Mortarchs (Probably Mannfredd I guess) will be able to include them in his forces.

This is probable true but man I wish they would give us just a little boost.  Giving us real command abilities would be huge. Also, I would give a kidney to get a way to get a +1 to hit on the Flayers. They would become mortal wound factories.  Oh well, guess we can dream.

14 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I think the best Flesh-Eater Courts could possibly hope for in Legions of Nagash are potential re-pointing and/or adjustment into how things become battleline.

And who knows, maybe that will be enough to put FEC back on the map? All I know is, I really dislike the fact you need Courtiers to unlock battleline options. It feels anti-fluff that I have these Courtiers leading the armies while the Ghoul Kings are around.

Yes, the courtier as general is probably the most annoying thing besides not getting a real command ability due to it being summoning.  I wish they'd redo the scrolls to be more conducive to Matched Play, but I doubt it will happen.

15 hours ago, someone2040 said:

I would love for Ghouls to become 80 for 10 and Horrors to revert back to 140! I can't imagine this will happen, but I can dream. Horrors/Flayers being battleline for FEC allegiance would be lovely as well, as everyone mentions, it's really not very thematic to have the Ghoul King not be your general!

please help for a tournament that I have in February, I am looking for a list at 1000 solid points and I do not get it, in my play area there is a lot of chaos (Khorne, Tzeentch and the new nurgle), there will also be some destruction ... There will be 3 games with these scenarios:

Battle for the passage
Star Rain
Burned ground

Could you put the zombie dragon to these points? The Flesh eater are as bad as they say to these points? thank you very much for helping me (I have all the models)

On 19/01/2018 at 9:54 PM, MrCharisma said:

With LoN we’ve found some type of spoiler that FEC will fall under Nefarata. Could be real or could be GW just trying to get people to buy models under a narrative... 

12E61DFD-ADC9-449B-9B86-91CB3EB8BF6E.jpeg.24dd19cb60af71dcaa6c919ba1f220ab.jpeg

Let’s see what drops under LoN.

I think all that's saying is "Hey, here's a bunch of options you could buy for your army in Month 3". Neferata is part of Deathlords that are allies for Flesh-Eater Courts (And you can't ally Mannfred). 

Additionally, Neferata IMO is perhaps the least likely of the 3. I don't see her particularly wanting to affiliate herself with a bunch of cannibals and savages. Additionally she was actually the one that set up the fall of the Strigoi kingdom in the Old World. Although the last may be no longer relevant, I guess she would still have some distaste for Ushoran and his kin.

So got my first game on Thursday with my FEC either facing Stormcast or Free People, think I'm going to be running this list;

At the moment I've got the AGKOT, AGKOZD, Crypt Haunter, 20 Ghouls and 6 Crypt Horrors built so dar. Still got the rest to build over the next couple of nights.

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts
- Delusion: The Grand Tournament

Leaders
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400)
- Artefact: The Grim Garland
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardry

Battleline
30 x Crypt Ghouls (300)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Haunter Courtier General)
6 x Crypt Flayers (320)
- Flesh Eater Courts Battleline (Crypt Infernal Courtier General)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 122

• 2 weeks later...

How did your army go @TalesOfSigmar?

Side question for everyone... Has anyone run FEC's army under the GA Death banner?

I'm tossing up with the idea of running my army as Death, taking advantage of Dire Wolves and Zombies as battleline and saving 120pts in the process. 

I can take the 12" Deathless save as a command trait, and gain a more consistent heal with the Tomb Blade. 

Am I mental or on to something. Let me know your thoughts... 

27 minutes ago, MrCharisma said:

How did your army go @TalesOfSigmar?

Side question for everyone... Has anyone run FEC's army under the GA Death banner?

I'm tossing up with the idea of running my army as Death, taking advantage of Dire Wolves and Zombies as battleline and saving 120pts in the process. 

I can take the 12" Deathless save as a command trait, and gain a more consistent heal with the Tomb Blade. 

Ended up playing a 3-Player 1K Game using the open war cards instead as someone dropped out in another club game so we added him in and went for a fun game.

Ran:

GK on Terrorghiest w/The Grim Garland
Crypt Infernal Courtier - General with Dark Wizardry

10 x Ghouls

3 x Flayers

3 x Flyaers

Found I was a little bit too gun-ho with the Crypt Flayers I had one unit buffed by damned terrain with the +1 attack spell from the Infernal Courtier and then failed a 5" charge and they soon got decimated by the enemy units, that 5+/6+ save doesnt keep them around too long.

Once my opponents realised how my Courtier worked they focused their Raptor Crossbows and Kurnoth Bows on him and he soon died.

By the end I had my Terrorghiest on full wounds who was screaming and eating units for fun.  And having a 4+, 5+ (Spell), 6+ (Death Save) he was saving like a boss.

Highlight was screaming 7 Mortal Wounds off a unit of Fulminators, then charging in and eating the remaining one with a roll of a 6 to wound to pop the 6 Mortal Wounds. Then rolled a 6 for the Flesh Eater ability and ate the Celestant on Dracoth!

Also bagged myself a Treelord Ancient through screaming and gaping maw attacks.

Really enjoyable army though, think at 2K they'd shine as the Flayers would be in units of 6 for maximum damage.

On 01/02/2018 at 9:33 PM, MrCharisma said:

Has anyone run FEC's army under the GA Death banner?

So I’ve been unpacking GA Death with FEC a little more, and with the Legion of Nagash coming... this could be a powerful combo. I’m hoping to unlock LoN via the GK’s VAMPIRE keyword.

Assuming that GW make no major changes to what we know about GA Death, I’m looking at competitively running:

Allegiance: Death

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cursed Book
Varghulf Courtier (160)
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
3 x Crypt Flayers (160)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
Terrorgheist (300)
Terrorgheist (300)
Terrorgheist (300)
Royal Menagerie (110)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

So where does getting separated out of the Legions of Nagash leave us? I know we did not lose  a lot (aside from being able to use the Necromancer buff and the loss of the old summoning system) but we seem to have lost in relation to everyone else getting new stuff.  I just worry that them giving us Allegiance abilities in GHB 2017 is the end and we will be far behind the power curve of the new battletomes.  I would love a magic lore and some war scroll modifications  (especially some good command abilities).  However, I just think we are pretty far at the back of the line.  They have not revamped Iron Jawz who are in the same boat as we are and as a new marquee product line they seem like they would be a much higher priority.  So I can not see us getting love until well after they do. 

Just wondering what you guys think.  Is this the beginning of the long night for us or am I just being pessimistic?      

2 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

So where does getting separated out of the Legions of Nagash leave us?

Probably hoping for an Ushoran model!

I think it's safe to say, that FEC probably aren't in line for a new battletome in the near future. Which means it's fairly unlikely the allegiance abilities will be expanded in such a way as to give extra spells and the like. Which isn't necessarily a real problem, because FEC aren't exactly known for being Wizards anyway (With only 3 true wizards in the army, each only able to cast one spell).

I think the best thing to hope for the 'near' future is that when GHB2018 comes around FEC get an appropriate amount of love when it comes to points adjustments.

3 hours ago, TheWilddog said:

So where does getting separated out of the Legions of Nagash leave us? 

Just wondering what you guys think.  Is this the beginning of the long night for us or am I just being pessimistic?      

FEC probably have the most coherent army within Death (until LoN drops) and it's no surprise that they don't feature in the book.

As I've mentioned above, I'm going to be exploring LoN with a mostly FEC force with a few tweaks. I'd suggest everybody else compares FEC vs. LoN to see what allows you to build a stronger force while remaining thematic (if that's important to you). 

Sad that Legion of Nagash didn't give use anything; at least we can still be the Fluff kings!
I hope for some points reductions in the next GHB, because with the last one they kinda gutted my lists, now I always have 40-60 points left that I can't use on anything.
I really feel like the only balanced warscrolls we have are the Abhorrant on TG and the Vargulf, maybe also the infernal courtier.
Ghouls are a little overpriced (compare them to Khorne bloodletters), Horrors Imho were good at 140, now they are not. Flayers I was ok with, but I'd really wish they could change that scream attack in something more useful (like no damage but -1 bravery or something like that). 
What I don't like is that they seem to encourage you to not take a Ghoul king as your general: the delusions that are useful for combat characters don't affect the leader,  you can't have horrors as battleline if you don't take the courtier as general and so on...
Ah, I haven't mentioned our "wipe a unit and pray for a 6" feeding madness... The idea is good, but could have helped a 5+, since you have to destroy a unit (something that don't happen so frequently)...

These are my 5 cents, what do you think?
I'm really hoping next GHB gives us some more love!

Hey everyone. Just got my first Nightfeast box and I'm excited to start my undead horde. How does my 1000pt army look? I want to ally in some ghosts when I expand to 1500 and 2000, but the abbatoir is the base army. 

- Delusion: Crusading Army
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardry 
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
Abattoir (110)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 68

On 2/4/2018 at 9:05 PM, someone2040 said:

Probably hoping for an Ushoran model!

I think it's safe to say, that FEC probably aren't in line for a new battletome in the near future. Which means it's fairly unlikely the allegiance abilities will be expanded in such a way as to give extra spells and the like. Which isn't necessarily a real problem, because FEC aren't exactly known for being Wizards anyway (With only 3 true wizards in the army, each only able to cast one spell).

I think the best thing to hope for the 'near' future is that when GHB2018 comes around FEC get an appropriate amount of love when it comes to points adjustments.

Yeah, Legions of Nagash has had me thinking what FEC need for an update. I think they finally realize that hero based regen by its self doesnt work. The rest of death has grave sites, allegience abilities, etc.. FEC need something similar. Maybe have it based off of casualties dealt, as the fresh carrion attracts more flesh eaters to the fray.

The courtier/ battleline issue aslso needs addressing as it makes no sense fluff wise.

Also we lack the combo battalions that other factions have to limit drops. It would be great if they gave worth while abilities as well. 

Kit wise I thought of 2 new kits that the faction could use.

1. New Varghulf kit. Its the only resin model in the range. I would love to see an updated plastic model with two options. The varghulf courtier, and the vargulf banner man. The banner man would be a totem. Its a unit type that would fit in extraordinarily well fluff wise, and would be a great boon to the army via one of several possible buffs. 

2. Ushoran/abhorrent ancient combo kit. I would love to see an Ushoran model with him being a renegade Mortarch. The Abhorrent ancient would be bigger, stronger, and older versions of the ghoul kings. Better stats across the board, 2 spells a turn. These guys have been around long enough that they have begun to see through their delusions and have begun to suspect the truth. This makes them extremely violent and bitter individuals. Rules wise, I would want there to be improved durability and harder to snipe. Perhaps a look out sir style of mechanic and natural regen. Plus the y weould be absolute wrecking balls in combat.

Thats my wish listing anyways...

16 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

Hey everyone. Just got my first Nightfeast box and I'm excited to start my undead horde. How does my 1000pt army look? I want to ally in some ghosts when I expand to 1500 and 2000, but the abbatoir is the base army. 

- Delusion: Crusading Army
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- General
- Trait: Dark Wizardry 
- Artefact: The Grim Garland 
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
- Artefact: The Flayed Pennant 
6 x Crypt Horrors (320)
3 x Crypt Horrors (160)
20 x Crypt Ghouls (200)
Abattoir (110)

Total: 990 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 68

Imho you need a mounted Ghoul King and more Ghouls, 20 are not enough.

If you go Horrors heavy, I suggest a Varghoulf, Who can help keeping them Alive.

I’d buy 3 more horrors so that you can have 2 units of 6

2 minutes ago, Glaurung said:

Imho you need a mounted Ghoul King and more Ghouls, 20 are not enough.

If you go Horrors heavy, I suggest a Varghoulf, Who can help keeping them Alive.

I’d buy 3 more horrors so that you can have 2 units of 6

You're asking a lot to put in an 1000pts list my man. Two units of  6 horrors, a Haunter Courtier, and a Varghulf is 920pts by itself. 

Archived