Nagash in GHB2

jobume

@Peegee One extra zombie for every six enemy models killed rarely adds up to anything of note — I think in almost all cases you'll get a bigger survivability boon from skeletons killing stuff before it can kill you.

Zombies are slightly more survivable per-point vs mortal wounds and attacks with rend, but against rend "-" the skeleton's armour makes them far better (especially with Nagash's command ability).

On top of that, skeletons have about twice the hitting power, maybe more.

Honestly I wouldn't bother with the cloak or ring now they've been nerfed. The book, blade, and amulet all look more tempting to me.

One list I'd like to try:

Nagash

Necromancer

3x30 Dire wolves

Corpse Cart

Some points left (would love an Abyssal terror vampire but would have to drop alot)

Using Nagash's command ability to maximum effect to make the wolves real bricks to kill. Their damage output is a bit low but hopefully Nagash could make up for that. They can still clear chaff and weaker units especially with double pile in. 9 unbinds is really quite good right now.

not that it is a competative list, but I was thinking on 1500pts, bring this:

(For a tournament that requires only 2 battleline on 1500pts)

Nagash (800)

Cairn Wraith (60)

Morghast Harbringers (220)

x10 Zombies (60)

x10 Zombies (60)

Reserve points: 300pts

Depending on missions I can bring in Ghosts, Zombies, Skeletons

But questions is if I want to bring a hero that can have that artifact. Like a Tomb Banshee or something.

If they would just add the keyword for each death faction to his profile, I feel that would be sufficient and make him a better option for the points.  Don't know if that would break anything, but it would make sense when compared to Archaon and open up some fun builds.  

Update:

Yes I am an idiot and misread the OP.  Still want to dream, but recognize I posted in the wrong thread.

guys, look at this 2.5k pts.

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
Tomb Herald (100)
Tomb Herald (100)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
- Ancient Spear & Shield
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Spear & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield

Total: 2470 / 2500

arkhan use his CA to improve Nagashs hand of dust, necromansers dance. Nagash can cast 6 spells at 9-24"

than 2x40 skelles push the lines. and tomb heralds make Nagash at 26 wounds (16 + 5(2+) + 5(2+)) at 3+ 4++ 6++ saves... 

and here we go... =)

2 hours ago, choocheelo said:

guys, look at this 2.5k pts.

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
Tomb Herald (100)
Tomb Herald (100)
Necromancer (110)

Battleline
- Ancient Spear & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield
- Ancient Spear & Shield

Total: 2470 / 2500

arkhan use his CA to improve Nagashs hand of dust, necromansers dance. Nagash can cast 6 spells at 9-24"

than 2x40 skelles push the lines. and tomb heralds make Nagash at 26 wounds (16 + 5(2+) + 5(2+)) at 3+ 4++ 6++ saves... 

and here we go... =)

I like it, but i would personally summon up the units of 40 dudes as that is what nagash is good at. moving 40 skeletons down the field with 4" move sucks.

6 hours ago, choocheelo said:

You must roll 7 on 2d6 for this. 

And how we can broke tactic than The Changeling starts near Nahash, summon balewind and use hand of dust on Nagash? Only Liche priest near?

Unless you have morghast out and then it’s a 6, which is quite easy, and liche Priest can dispel scroll the changeling, also, my friend did this to me and I just dispelled it with Nagash, thought it was going to be a 1 turn game because he took 2 6s to cast hand of dust on Nagash. But being a champ Nagash rolled an 11 and dispelled the ******.

19 hours ago, choocheelo said:

tomb heralds make Nagash at 26 wounds (16 + 5(2+) + 5(2+)) at 3+ 4++ 6++ saves... 

Unfortunately tomb herold only works on desert legions now. So would not help with Nagash. But liche Priest would still work on morghasts and dispell scroll.

Archived