Bottle's going onto Warhammer Live to play AoS Skirmish!

Awesome to see that GW are acknowledging those who break into certain grounds which GW later choose to tread. Hoping I might be able to catch a bit, but suspect if it's "Slot 2" it'll be too late into the night for me in Australia.

Good luck, and hope to hear more on AoS: Skirmish soon!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've been talking to the other people I know who faded out of Warhammer about a decade ago and after I sent them Hinterlands, the AoS rules and a few PDF warscrolls of things I know they used to play, we're getting together for a model building day to make some Hinterlands warbands.  Most of them had some stuff squirreled away in storage and while nothing is really big enough for a full game of AoS, it's all more than enough for each of us to make a warband.  

I'm like:

d0738d34991f52b8ee4f4f0b58742c2c.jpg

Greywater-Clean.jpg.55e4cfa0e7632c51aa22439d8d57e122.jpg

Here's the Warband I have settled on for the game. I am terrified of Crypt Flayers and all other sorts of nasties hurtling towards me at break-neck pace, so I've done what any self-respecting freeguilder would do and packed LOTS OF GUNS! :P 

6 hours ago, bottle said:

Greywater-Clean.jpg.55e4cfa0e7632c51aa22439d8d57e122.jpg

Here's the Warband I have settled on for the game. I am terrified of Crypt Flayers and all other sorts of nasties hurtling towards me at break-neck pace, so I've done what any self-respecting freeguilder would do and packed LOTS OF GUNS! :P 

Hi,

and do you already know the rules or will you discover them on wednesday?

1 hour ago, pseudonyme said:

Hi,

and do you already know the rules or will you discover them on wednesday?

I may or may not have been able to have a little peak :P You'll have to wait till Wednesday to find out everything though!

1 hour ago, Darth Alec said:

Congratulations man! Well earned. Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

Won't be able to watch though. The 17th of May is Norway's Constitution Day, so no chance of watching twitch :(

Thanks Alec! I'm sure you'll be having much more fun if its a big holiday in Norway :) 

I've said this on Twitter already but I am really looking forward to this! Your warbands are exactly the size and style of composition I had hoped to see from AoS Skirmish (i.e. very low numbers and varied single models instead of units). And they look awesome too!

This is so perfect. GW is CRUSHING IT on the community side. Seriously, between this, AoS proper, SW:A, new 40k - no time for other games. And that's before Shadespire and the new Titan Tabletop game, when ever that might hot

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Eh, I'm not going to lie the fact that they didn't make points for any finecast model is a huge downside. Grot armies suffer, no vampires, branchwyches/wraiths are out. Idk it just rubs me the wrong way, like they're just making this to sell models in stores. Can't even use my fantastic Thorgrim Grudgebearer model? :(

21 minutes ago, Don Savik said:

Eh, I'm not going to lie the fact that they didn't make points for any finecast model is a huge downside. Grot armies suffer, no vampires, branchwyches/wraiths are out. Idk it just rubs me the wrong way, like they're just making this to sell models in stores. Can't even use my fantastic Thorgrim Grudgebearer model? :(

For those of us that may have been at work and couldn't watch the stream, are there any write ups or info to read anywhere?

15 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

I only can tell you that the war bands costs are in renown points (50 for those games) which I do not know how they are calculated.

Seemed to be just the regular costs divided by five (and the unit cost).

Has anyone tested AoS/hinterlands with alternating activation? I thibk it would make the smaller scale battles more interesting and should be quite Easy modification. The hero phases would be first for both and then each would do their thing model by model.

Does anyone know if Skirmish use:

- Rules for summoning?

- Rules for scenery (Arcane, Mystical, Inspiring etc.)?

- Unit upgrades (weapon, boss, standard etc.)?

- From what I got from watching the first game was that models slain during a campaign game is dead and you have to buy new using your hard earned renown. Correct?

- Can a warband never exceed 20 models?

Archived