Battlemat for Realm of Death?

Does anyone know of a battlemat that would work for representing the Realm of Death? I guess I'm looking for something fairly dark and barren, but the closest I can find are volcanic mats (close, but more suitable for the Realm of Fire) and desert mats.

Any ideas? If not I'm tempted to design and print my own.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. They're all quite close to what I'm looking for in their own ways, but none of them feel quite right. I think the wastelands mat is probably closest so I might go with that.

I tied in vain to find it but I remember seeing a neoprene mat that was grey/wasteland with some blue/energy details throughout. It looked nice and there was a tutorial on painting your bases to match. 

Wish I could find it but maybe it will jog someone's memory. 

On 5/11/2017 at 10:06 PM, Kovaks said:

I have always been a huge fan of this one as something that would work for alot of factions, and the detail when you look close is amazing, lots of skulls hidden around it 

Ooooooh, that's very nice! I like it! Looks like it's going to be a choice between this and whatever this Death mat is that GW's releasing next week. Thanks @Kovaks!

Glad you liked it, I am curios about the new GW mat coming out but I am always a little frustrated that they always release theirs as 4X4, maybe the new skirmish game is played on a 4X4 instead of a 4X6. And also the GW mats come folded up in boxes where most other companies give you a nice carrying  bag to roll them up into. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, KHHaunts said:

Does anyone know of anyone eho does something similar to this ive been looking everywhere?

Looks like it was a one-man band operation where he made/sold that mat himself, but he's still active on facebook even if the shop seems to be defunct. Send him a message, he may be able to help.

https://www.facebook.com/TwoPlusTough/

(the original launch video, I think)

Edited by Arkhanist

• 2 years later...