Heroic Play an expansion for AOS Skirmish

4 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

I'll definitely have a read of it and see if I can get my group to try it :D

I think my ideal would be finding a campaign system you can run a little like mordheim, upgrading your heroes a little and building your warband. At my club we used to run regular mordheim games so you could easily bring in new warbands or play your old ones and just build them up without necessarily needing an end. Though we did like keeping track of wins/losses. 

I think the thing from yours of constant changing battleplans could really lend itself to something like that but regardless will be nice to have quick fire campaign in a day stuff for any big gaming days :D

So the concept i played around with was upgrading heroes. unfortunately heroes are already SUPED UP just from their warscrolls. so what i did instead was offer an advancement system for your heroes trusted second in commands which are usually unit champions and leaders. these are called FOLLOWERS in the expansion. im going to be adding more detailed support so you can run whole warbands with them in the lead instead of a hero and absolutely advance them over time. because this would be getting into much more detail i would probably have to make a whole new packet for it haha!

Okay so I've just read over the rule pack and it looks pretty fun and promising! I like that you've added ways to include named heroes and some extra portents (portents is actually what prompted me back into skirmish, need to get myself a warqueen)

And I like the trauma rules though one clarification I'd like. So you always keep wounded penalties but if you get healthy does that permanently reset you back to full wounds or only for the next battle?

19 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Okay so I've just read over the rule pack and it looks pretty fun and promising! I like that you've added ways to include named heroes and some extra portents (portents is actually what prompted me back into skirmish, need to get myself a warqueen)

And I like the trauma rules though one clarification I'd like. So you always keep wounded penalties but if you get healthy does that permanently reset you back to full wounds or only for the next battle?

yes malign portents i think is the number 1 reason to play skirmish again. the tacticak card play is not only a great addition to gameplay, but offers so many crazy things to happen in a skirmish game.

you are correct! think of a roll of 9-10 as a null roll, unless you are hit by wounded. at which point all afflictions from the wounded status are removed.

• 8 months later...

Archived