Let's chat : Slaanesh

Arkiham

5 hours ago, daniel, why said:

On the topic of the Slaanesh Start Collecting box, does anyone know the size of the Seeker's oval bases?

I can't really tell from the pictures, but I'm guessing the large cavalry (or 40k bike) equivalent, the 75x42mm. Can anyone confirm?

"This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 192 components, a 100 x 150mm monster base and a large oval base, with which to make an Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh. Alternattively, this kit can be used to build either a Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh, or a Hellflayer of Slaanesh."

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Chaos-Daemons-Exalted-Seeker-Chariot-of-Slaanesh

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/4/2017 at 3:22 AM, Kramer said:

"This multi-part plastic boxed set contains 192 components, a 100 x 150mm monster base and a large oval base, with which to make an Exalted Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh. Alternattively, this kit can be used to build either a Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh, or a Hellflayer of Slaanesh."

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Chaos-Daemons-Exalted-Seeker-Chariot-of-Slaanesh

Thanks @Kramer, but I mean the Seekers of Slaanesh, not the Chariot! There are two sizes of smaller oval bases for cavalry and bikes (small and large), but I wasn't sure which one was being provided for the riders.

The old box for the set of five had both Fantasy rectangular bases  and 40k bike bases (now, confusingly, also labeled as oval), but I think this is the first time they've been sold with the new, significantly sexier oval bases.

3 hours ago, daniel, why said:

Thanks @Kramer, but I mean the Seekers of Slaanesh, not the Chariot! There are two sizes of smaller oval bases for cavalry and bikes (small and large), but I wasn't sure which one was being provided for the riders.

The old box for the set of five had both Fantasy rectangular bases  and 40k bike bases (now, confusingly, also labeled as oval), but I think this is the first time they've been sold with the new, significantly sexier oval bases.

Hahaha oops, well these are the ones I got with the made to order set last December. 

IMG_0322.JPG.d9ec410066d3cc5fbf9acc66895bb58b.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Slaanesh GHB2017 Warhammer Community

So this is a nice bit of love and intrigue actually.  3 different hosts each with different rules and the Keeper becoming even more a beast in CC.  I wish he had a bit of a speed boost or ability to Deep Strike in like 40k had.  

I used the chariot formation from 7th ed 40k and fast moving chariots can really put people on their heels even if they don't do much damage.  

Also now a good excuse to take some Hellstriders which IMO were good anyway and if Fiends get a drop in points that's a solid combo there.  I guess pushing fast chariots is a good way to define slaanesh as different.  In 8th ed Fantasy the fact that core was only one of the 4 infantry daemons was always a sticking point of how boring the armies were.  

All in all it made me pay much more attention to Slaanesh particularly since the Wanderer ability Melt Away is utterly useless and garbage.

3 hours ago, hellalugosi said:

so......is running 3 keeper of secrets as invaders gonna be a thing now? yeah? we doin this? im kind of feeling like we should? ????

bwahaha.  I never thought of that.  I mean you could before but now it allows what the Magethrone did before to be done with your army.  Hello 90 girls attacking twice.

I know guys, it's early for a list build, that's because we are not sure about point cost of all unit. But I can t wait, if all points remain the same , look at this list

keeper of secrets 280

- -1 to hit in combat

lord on demo mount 140

lord of slaanesh 100

demon prince 160

2x10 warrior of slaanesh 360

10 Knights of slaanesh 400

30 demonettes 360

10 hellstriders 200

tot 2000

-keeper of secrets use command ability on demonettes + he stay near them for buffs( 2 pile)

- demonic mount lord command ability on caos knights ( 2 pile)

- lord on foot inspiring presence on demonettes

- demon prince marked slaanesh pile twice and he is fast

is this legal ? New ability of slaanesh seems so strong lol :)

8 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

I know guys, it's early for a list build, that's because we are not sure about point cost of all unit. But I can t wait, if all points remain the same , look at this list

keeper of secrets 280

- -1 to hit in combat

lord on demo mount 140

lord of slaanesh 100

demon prince 160

2x10 warrior of slaanesh 360

10 Knights of slaanesh 400

30 demonettes 360

10 hellstriders 200

tot 2000

-keeper of secrets use command ability on demonettes + he stay near them for buffs( 2 pile)

- demonic mount lord command ability on caos knights ( 2 pile)

- lord on foot inspiring presence on demonettes

- demon prince marked slaanesh pile twice and he is fast

is this legal ? New ability of slaanesh seems so strong lol :)

Can slaanesh use all command abilities then?

I've been thinking about the use of the Daemonic lord on mount, Helstriders in general and the mortal wound output of chariots.  

The Masque, Keeper,  are two war scrolls that will interestingly benefit well from +2" move without people expecting it.  

Also something I probably missed, the masque is a daemonette hero so she can buff daemonette units nicely.  

The broken combo is chaos Knights with slaanesh mark + lord of slaanesh on demo mount! With his command ability you can 2 pile chaos Knights! When you charge you got Knights bonus twice,and you force your opponent to attack with his unit your knight or they full wound can delete enemy unit in 1 turn!! :)

So daemonettes have had a price drop to 270 for 30.

With the new allegiance abilities that can give plus 2 move coupled with the battalion that gives plus 1 easily get a battleline unit that can move 9 Base plus run plus charge. So average threat range of 17 inches. 

Which is insane for infantry. 

Seems like a lot of buffs for slaanesh. 

Really excited to start this army now. Speed is king in my eyes. 

2 minutes ago, firebat said:

It's only +1 move for anything with a move less than 10" so daemonettes in the cohort get 8" move, D6 run and 2D6+1 charge so an average of 19.5"

Of course excuse my skim reading. Even better average threat range then. 

The annoying thing is I do not really want to paint 60 daemonettes but not taking two units of 30 for 540 points seems crazy considering their potential.

Unfortunatly I can t play with Knights and demon prince as ally:( I'm so sad about it I think dP of slaanesh is one of the best unit for chaos!anyway that's updated list

keeper of secrets 280

chaos lord of slaasesh 100

lord of sl on demo mount 140

hearld of sl in seeker chariot 100

2x10 demonettes 200

30 demonettes 270

10 caos Knights 320

10 seekers 240

6 fiends of slaa 280

cohort of slaa battalion 40

tot 1970

what do you think?:)

25 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

I think the problem is they havn t host of slaanesh keyword ( they are slaves to darkness)! 

Slaves to Darkness units can be given a Mark of Chaos keyword. So if you give them the Mark of Slaanesh, they get the SLAANESH keyword.

This means if your allegiance when building your list is SLAANESH, they do not need to be taken as allies (but must be given the Mark of Slaanesh if you do so).

Archived