Let's chat : Slaanesh

Arkiham

Seekers and Pretenders will be the go to. Big squads of daemonettes are still good, even with summoning due to a squad of 20 that get summoned will get reroll 1's to hit. Seekers will be great for bringing the entire army to the enemy's doorstep right away and locking them down with hellstriders/seekers/keeper.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am still confused about using slaves of darness units with my slaanesh host.  Battlescribe only allows them as allies even if they have the keyword Slaanesh.  But the Warscroll builder gives me no such problems.  So in a Pretender Slaanesh Host, can I use Warriors of Chaos with the Slaanesh keyword as battleline?  Can I include a Chaos Lord on Manticore and a Daemon Prince, both with the Slaanesh keyword, in my Heroes?

Yeah, I think I'll be going with Seekers. I've previously found pretenders to be the best, but I feel the possible extra 4" move (with the cogs) is going to be really important for getting up in the opponent's face. That said, rerolling 1s is so nice on the daemonettes - I guess I'll just alternate the Chaos Sorcerer Lord's spell for that. 

Hmm, I wonder how viable taking one side of an opponent's army with most of your army will be. Being so fast, we can have all of our troops attack the weaker side and have the masque half the movement of the other side so it may not reach us (and but a screen in the way just in case of a double turn).

2 minutes ago, Grumpold said:

I am still confused about using slaves of darness units with my slaanesh host.  Battlescribe only allows them as allies even if they have the keyword Slaanesh.  But the Warscroll builder gives me no such problems.  So in a Pretender Slaanesh Host, can I use Warriors of Chaos with the Slaanesh keyword as battleline?  Can I include a Chaos Lord on Manticore and a Daemon Prince, both with the Slaanesh keyword, in my Heroes?

You can take slaves marked with Slaanesh in Hosts without needing allies. Anything with the Slaanesh keyword is also part of the Slaanesh allegiance as well as any other allegiance it may belong to. 

Thank you for that.  The main reason I go for the Pretenders is indeed the rerolling 1s on daemonettes.  With invigorated by pain and allure of Slaanesh, my KoS manages to stay alive a bit longer.  Very useful with only 10 wounds on him.  Daemonettes supported by a KoS are a delight to play with.  Alternating Excess of Violence on KoS or the Daemonettes is good and the despair of my opponents.  I have found that Heralds always need to be on steeds to be useful.  I have found the masque not to be useful, not on a steed and since I am always taking the fight to the enemy, I dont care if they get closer.  But the variant of what you are thinking is my dual list of Slaanesh Host and Slaves of Darkness, a hammer and anvil strategy.

Depending on how we take realm artefacts, taking Ghur for the -1 to hit, +1" move will be great with pretenders with taking the -1 to hit trait and hellstriders. You get all the fun of being -3 to hit and really frustrating opponents as nearly all attacks hit on 6's.

17 hours ago, carnith said:

Depending on how we take realm artefacts, taking Ghur for the -1 to hit, +1" move will be great with pretenders with taking the -1 to hit trait and hellstriders. You get all the fun of being -3 to hit and really frustrating opponents as nearly all attacks hit on 6's.

You could get -4 to hit, with the lord of boobsnek, the allure of Slaanesh command trait, the hellstriders, and that new Ghur artefact. While it is totally superfluous in most situations, it sounds cool to have the vast majority of things hitting on 6s. 

I had a fresh look at the Masque and she is totally different to the 40K one.  This AoS Masque is actually good and useful with a 10" move.   The Locus of Beguilement is really good nowadays with exploding 6s all round.

My 2000pts list would consist of Chaos Lord on Manticore / KoS  General/ Masque / 10 Chaos Knights / 10 Chaos Warriors / 30 Daemonettes / 10 Seekers / 5 Hellstriders and 1 Soul Grinder.  All have the mark of Slaanesh.  The host are Pretenders and traits are Invigorated by Pain and Allure of Slaanesh.

Battleplans would split up the Chaos part from the Daemon part and play either Hammer/Anvil strategy or a Defence/Counterattack strategy or an Attack/Hold strategy.  I will be relying on the new summoning points system to bring in more daemons.  Could be more daemonettes, seekers or even Fiends to hold that remote objective in the other players half.

Archived