Let's chat : Slaanesh

Arkiham

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's probably been discussed at some point but 13 pages is a lot to trawl back through but I'm planning a mermaid/water themed slaaneshi army (mostly demons) and kind of wanted to know what sort of units to go for.

Mainly I plan to convert some of the new DoK Melusai into mermaids/sirens and wondered whether they'd be better as fiends or hellstriders. Looks wise they have tge spears like hellstriders but could be converted into fiends quite easily and wouldn't need to look as mortal etc.

Units I'm looking at building this army with are:

-Keeper of secrets (gonna heavily convert the big morathi model into a demon mermaid)

-Demon prince (fun monster)

-Demonettes (bread and butter battleline)

-Seekers (fast objective grabbers)

-Fiends (something a bit more big and hitty but I'm unsure about these)

Possibly a slaanesh lord on mount and hellstriders though I'm unsure. Does anyone have units that they swear by as auto takes or units that they'd avoid with a ten foot pole (bear in mind I mostly play fun casual fluffy etc)

Hey guys, back from my haze that is Adepticon. So overall my list gave me 67/90  battle points. 

Run down of battles

Round 1 v Rats

mission Starstrike

And by rats, I don't mean skaven, I mean Giant Rats... 120 Giant Rats.  The list had 5 pack masters and an arch warlock with 6 stormfiends with electric gauntlets. The idea is that the stormfiends would explode on 3+ for a crazy amount of attacks.  It was a close game with each round coming down to dice rolls for turn order. He eventually conceded after I had 2 objectives with one stormfiend squad dead and only his heroes left.  Full points

Round 2 v Order Soup

Mission: Duality of Death (Heroes/behemoths can hold)

This is the guy who finished 4th overall. 2 Dragonlords, 2 phoenixes, 4 reaper bolt throwers, 30 skinks, 10 heartrenders. Not much to write but I lost turn 2. Most of my beasts died to ranged, and those that survived died to dragons or phoenixes. I know this was a bad match up, but honestly had nothing against it.  0 points

Round 3 v Death

List: Neferatta/Prince V/Vamp on Dragon/Necro/3x20 Skellies/Bats

Mission: Take and Hold

This was initially a really hard match up. I got doubled turned right away. Daemonettes dying left and right with not being able to get into combat as soon as I wanted. When I finally got a Jabberslythe into combat with Neferatta, I did 13-14 mortal wounds and she saved enough to live with 1 hp. Prince V was harder to kill but finally in a turn, I finally got to cast Winds of Chaos and did 7 mortal wounds. In the combat phase, Prince V did 2 wounds to a jabberslythe (go go hellstriders) and I made 2 4+'s with 6 mortal wounds back. I broke out on the left flank and with the keeper of secrets and 2 chariots I ran over the back line to take the point. I had a bad streak of casting but once I had a good round, it all came together

Round 4 v Stormcast

List: Celestant, Castellent, Veritant, Flying Bow dude, 10x3 liberators, 2x5 judicators, Prosecutors with hammers, Big crossbows, 27 shot xbow guys.

Mission: Raid (burn enemy point for d3)

This had a weird set up, as the dude decided not to defend one of the points. This allowed me to casually stroll up and take a point and burn for 3 points. His crossbow guys came down and murdered my gaunt summoner but I took the fight to his side of the board. With as much as I could do, I actually didn't do a whole lot. I pushed him off most of an objective, but he left it to kill a unit, which allowed me to take a jabberslythe and burn it for another point. He eventually pushed me off one of my points with his deepstrikes, but at that point the game was over. Tough game and almost tabled despite major winning.

Round 5 v Death

List: Arkhan/Vamp Lord on Dragon/Necro/2x40 skellies/40 Grave Guard

Mission: 4 objectives in corners and if you hold all 4 you win. 

So this is another game I got double turned which was devastating to the tempo of the game. I had daemonettes get charged by vampire lord, but I didn't have hellstriders nearby and they eventually thined out away from my keeper. Arkhan curse of year'd a jabberslythe out of existance, and his grave guard charged the other one. But through lucky dice rolls I took out the grave guard next turn. This fight came down with no one holding all four points, but I had 3/4 so I got a minor win. 

It was a good tourney and heres to hoping Slaanesh gets some love throughout the year. 21/165 is a good place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

Todays rumour mill picture....

Seems very familiar 

May15-RumourEngine4vbgk.jpg

We can hope!

I wonder, if it is a release, how big will it be. Will it just be the keeper and maybe updated fiends, or will they go all out with a fantastic new range? 

12 minutes ago, Enoby said:

We can hope!

I wonder, if it is a release, how big will it be. Will it just be the keeper and maybe updated fiends, or will they go all out with a fantastic new range? 

think nurgle last year. 

I am stoked the Slaanesh story is finally moving along. I can assume the jailbreak will be quite exciting. Hopefully we'll get as big a range as the other gods got for the mortals and daemons, hopefully for 40k as well and that they are from the Slaanesh Cult. Anyone else think Ynnead is Slaanesh in some form or another, or part of the Aeldari Slaanesh cult? I hope the mortals are made from the aelf souls that never made it out in time.  

The summoning changes is going to be very interesting, wonder which will be "free" in matched play and which won't. It would be a little obnoxious if pink horrors innately had their split rule so I kind of doubt they'll have it for free!

I wonder how easy it'll be to summon things, as in how many points it'll take to summon anything. I'm hoping it's easy enough that it happens once or twice a game naturally for lesser daemons, but you'll only be able to get a greater daemon if you really go for it. 

To take a wild guess, I'm thinking 6 points for daemonettes (and maybe seekers), 12 points for chariots and heralds, and 18 points for a keeper of secrets. It's easy to take and deal six nonlethal wounds, quite difficult for 12 (as by that point a lot of things that were wounded will now be dead and so won't count towards points), and it'd be impressive to get 18. 

Remember, you get points for each non- fatal wound one if your heroes does to another hero, and for each non-fatal wound one of your heroes suffers. So if you have a keeper with 10 wounds, you'll get 9 points if she dies. If it only takes 12 to summon one back, it might be too easy. 

So I'm finally taking the plunge into AOS with 2nd edition around the corner. I'd like to start working on stuff before a new army book comes out, but I'm not really sure what to start with. It seems like you could go with swarms of daemonettes, a mix of cavalry and chariots, or even just phalanxs of Mortal warriors.

Whats been working well for you, and what seems like a safe bet for something that won't be getting a new model in probably a few months? 

I feel all the plastic is safe for the near future. Fiends and Keeper of Secrets will be getting new models for sure. Everything else is up in the air as far as the mortal side will end up being. New heroes will probably happen as well, we need more magic and shooting so probably some of that.

Archived