Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

Just now, shadowgra said:

The list is cool.

I only want to remind you that warshrine works for models in range of it, not units. I used it a couple of times then dropped it, doesn't do enough imho.

I would strongly recommend you to take a lord of affliction with rustfang since it is so op and reducing armor for a non rend list is so useful.

I would take out 1 marauders and the shrine for a lord of affliction. I'll tell you that moving 20 BK in cohesion in one unit is hard (really hard).

But You still decide on what model you allocated wounds so You choose models in range of Warshrine. Also Warshrine is Behemot so it can score in Duality... My concern is small model count (two units of Marauder may be not enough if something fly over front line. If I reduce them to only one unit there is only ten MArauders left to hold my objectives and screening my heroes). Still - thanks for your advice about Lord of Blight. And yes - 20 BK is a nightmare to manouver. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Well of Eternity said:

But You still decide on what model you allocated wounds so You choose models in range of Warshrine. Also Warshrine is Behemot so it can score in Duality... My concern is small model count (two units of Marauder may be not enough if something fly over front line. If I reduce them to only one unit there is only ten MArauders left to hold my objectives and screening my heroes). Still - thanks for your advice about Lord of Blight. And yes - 20 BK is a nightmare to manouver. 

OFC you are but warshrine can't be everywhere and we tend to stretch out. Also will be almost impossible to have many in range of it if you are using sayl offensively.

I mean he is fine, i played him for my plaguetouched but... With 180 point you could take 30 marauders and have tons of bodies and area denial for the same cost.

About duality, the lord of affliction (the one on drones) is probably the best CH in the game for this type of scenario: 8 wounds, not monster, autoheals, 4+/5++/5++, does damage and mortal wounds.

What about dropping warshrine and doing, dropping the BK to 10 (20 will never attack alltogether anyway) you gain 420 points: purchase lord and 35 marauders. Now you have another big unit for plaguetouched and area denial, 2 screening and a big hero for duality ;) what do you think?

On 17/01/2018 at 7:36 PM, Well of Eternity said:

yep, but you have to allocate wound on a model until he die, then allocate to another, etc. People mostly forget it because in 99% of the case, all your models have the same wound and save stats, so it doesn't really change anything to who we allocate. We roll the save and dispatch the guys.

so if you have only one guy in range of the warshrine, you will rolle your dice on per one until he fail. 

for example, you have 15 saves to make on your bloodwarriors. Well, of course, you do the 15 save roll (on 4+). Let's say you made 8, and failed 7. You have seven 6+ roll to make, but only one guy in range. So you roll one dice. Sucess. Another. Fail. Another. Fail. The guy die. Now, you have 5 more invulnerable save, but no one in range... so you can't do the invulnerable save.

You can't put ALL the save rolls on one guy. 

What really annoys me about this thread is people having a whinge about how contagion points don't do enough for the army or how they need to be modified in x, y, z ways to make them viable and make summoning a useful option for the army outside of the Feculent Gnarlmaws which bring so much utility to the army competitively, and thematically have you spreading the Garden of Nurgle far and wide. It is how it is, accept it, move on and lets actually discuss how we can use it beneficially.

The most important factor of the entire game is mobility.

The contagion points allow us to in effect have units in reserve to be summoned in, in a very 40k-esque deep strike manner without imbalancing the army in comparison to all other armies out there because we still have to pay the points for whatever we summon. This is not different to any other army with summoning abilities out there. So why the whinging and in some cases rage? If you don't want to put points aside to summon, do something else with your army, there are plenty of options.

Summoning for us happens at the END of the Movement Phase and summoned units need to be 9" away from any enemy units but also wholly within 12" of either a Feculent Gnarlmaw OR a Nurgle Hero. Considering the variety of resilient or fast moving Nurgle heroes at our disposal, it is very easy to be able to reach out to any point on the board in the first turn. Because you don't have to identify what your reinforcement pool is being used for (please correct me if I'm wrong here, if so it doesn't change the point, you just have a more tailored list) the flexibility can be surprising. People were saying how 5 Plague Bearers are next to useless, but this is not the case. There are near limitless tactical applications for such a unit and it gets down to so many factors it boggles the mind, but if you  can't conceive of simple things like bubble wrapping small targets, blocking off key areas/objectives/sniping isolated characters or artillery, then you need to go out and play more games and expand your tactical (turn by turn, phase by phase) and strategic (overall battle) thinking.  One interesting thing is if you put 220 points aside, and you also include a Horticulous Slimax in your army, once he dies, you can re-summon him and because he is a new Horticulous Slimax, his one use ability to place a free Feculent Gnarlmaw can be used again. If you were to add 20 more points that's 20 Plague bearers instead yet still leaves you with a very solid 1760 points of army on the field. People wanting to spam the Feculent Gnarlmaws and looking at the Menagerie Battalion, that costs 240points...why not just use 220points to summon in another Horticulous Slimax later in the game and not be forced to add an extra 320points in 3 beasts and the Battalion costs? 320points gets us a lot of extra units and killing power.

Some people view reinforcement points as having to always be spent entirely, but again depending on the tactical situation, summoning in things that will result in not all the reinforcement points being utilised by battles end can be more beneficial to us. Dropping in a Poxbringer Herald  on an extreme flank well away from enemy units but in view of a unit of Plaguebearers on the other side of the field allows him to unleash his eruptive infestation to drop D3 mortal wounds on key enemies without being exposed to  unnecessary risk closer to the enemy.  If you've put 220points aside, the 100 points left limits your options to a beast or some nurglings or some heralds which may or may not be useful, and will in some cases leave excess points behind. I'm not sure if you can charge in the same turn as you were summoned (clarrification would be grand) but we can summon in a unit of Plague Drones and with army buffs, those things, despite being 9" away on deployment are virtually guaranteed a first turn charge when they arrive. i personally wouldn't push the 340points GUO summation though, they are just hands down better on the field and in a 2,000point game having only 1660points on the field is twitch inducing at times.

Outside of summoning, the Gutrot Spume+Putrid Blightkings 300point combo or the Nurgling Unit at 100 points minimum gives us the same effect as summoning. People who are looking at taking Gutrot Spume and 5 PBK's could equally just set a few hundred points aside for a deepstrike summonation but with flexibility depending on what you need for the battle at hand and also recover some points to be sunk back into the army as a whole, or for more risky moves, stick with Gutrot and co and then be able to summon reinforcements to their aid to boot. A unit of Plague Drones summoned near Spume and friends could be particularly nasty.

What are people's OBJECTIVE THOUGHTS on summoning. Are you considering dropping points into it or are you just going to spam all the Feculent Gnarlmaws ever whilst you have the contagion points to and not set points aside for summoning?

40 minutes ago, Auretious Taak said:

What are people's OBJECTIVE THOUGHTS on summoning. Are you considering dropping points into it or are you just going to spam all the Feculent Gnarlmaws ever whilst you have the contagion points to and not set points aside for summoning?

In general I think summoning is done very poorly in AoS. Not just in Nurgle's list, but overall. I get they need to balance things, but there has to be better ways to do that than to force an army to be at a disadvantage until you can roll to attempt to bring your army up to full strength. I also find that very anti thematic to the whole notion of what summoning should be in a game like this.

Furthermore, I find using Reinforcement points for abilities such as splitting horrors or when one unit turns into something else to be extremely problematic. Those abilities are, for the most part, ruined by such a requirement.

As for Nurgle lists, the problem with using Contagion Points and Reinforcement points are:

1. I have to wait to use my Reinforcement points--points that are objectively part of my army--until I have enough Contagion points to spend them.
  2. Reinforcement points that are not available until turn 3 or 4 are objectively less valuable than points I can spend in turn 1.
  3. I have to keep track of multiple points systems, which is not a huge deal but objectively a bit more of a headache.

I love the thematic use of Nurgle's Garden and the  idea that as you control more of the board you can bring more daemons in. If Contagion points had been a system that could somehow replace reinforcement points or offer a discount to reinforcement points or something like that, I'd be all for them. But as is, no, I doubt I'll put a lot of points into reinforcement points. Not at first, at least. I may try small amounts down the road for some tactical advantage, such as deep striking or other things as you suggest, or if I find Contagion points are so plentiful that I'm really not limited by them, but mostly I don't find the trade off of less points early in the game to be worth maybe getting something in later when I need them.

The problem with nurgle summoning is not the system imo, but the high contagion point costs. Every one of those summons (minus gnarlmaw) should be dropped by 7 contagion point cost (guo for 21, 20 plaguebearers for 14 etc.) And the small insignificant summons (5 pbs and 1 nurgling) should be dropped from the list. 6 drones and 30 pbs should be added for 21 points each. Currently even if I built my army to have as high as possible contagion point collection trait, I'll have so few points left that there is barely any points left to summon something.

Another point about summoning is that in all honesty current Nurgle doesn't really need it. Summoning's main advantages have always been mobility and flexibility. Well nurgle got pretty good mobility with new book so summoning doesn't play that important role.

With these said, I do think the system really is fine as it is. I think it's ludicrous to even suggest that Nurgle should have completely free summoning, despite the fact that they have good allegiance trait, amazing artifacts/c.traits (best out of all allegiances), some really strong battallions despite their cost (made even more usefull by the great artifacts), nice synergy between most heroes and troops (outside of maybe orghotts and maybe nurglings (though thay atleast have deepstrike and are ok with morbidex), there is hardly any useless units in the army), free summonable terrain and finally the army's biggest achilles heel, the slow speed, was fixed. And some people want free summoning on top of all things mentioned above? 

Possible List I’m looking to startnspreading papas joy.

GUO has bell and dagger.

Allegiance: Nurgle
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Hideous Visage
- Artefact: The Endless Gift
Lord of Blights (140)
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One (340)
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
Blight Cyst (220)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

Torn between the awesome Witherstaff or trying to manipulate moral with The Carrion Dirge.

Favored Poxes or Glorious Afflictions?

3 Drones or 2 Pusgoyles?

Ive played one game so far with Nurgle. A sub optimal list with random stuff I had at the time.

I felt really restricted on movement and got pinned on my half by tunneling Fyreslayers turn one.

Tested Rotigus, never made a 7+ for Deluge. That plus the movement has me thinking bell and dagger on a regular GUO.

I want some movement, so needed some flies. Not sure which would be better in the current iteration.

I also want to try out Spume eventually as he seems like fun, but need to pick up some more Kings.

Appreciate any and all input.

46 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

The problem with nurgle summoning is not the system imo, but the high contagion point costs. Every one of those summons (minus gnarlmaw) should be dropped by 7 contagion point cost (guo for 21, 20 plaguebearers for 14 etc.) And the small insignificant summons (5 pbs and 1 nurgling) should be dropped from the list. 6 drones and 30 pbs should be added for 21 points each. Currently even if I built my army to have as high as possible contagion point collection trait, I'll have so few points left that there is barely any points left to summon something.

Another point about summoning is that in all honesty current Nurgle doesn't really need it. Summoning's main advantages have always been mobility and flexibility. Well nurgle got pretty good mobility with new book so summoning doesn't play that important role.

With these said, I do think the system really is fine as it is. I think it's ludicrous to even suggest that Nurgle should have completely free summoning, despite the fact that they have good allegiance trait, amazing artifacts/c.traits (best out of all allegiances), some really strong battallions despite their cost (made even more usefull by the great artifacts), nice synergy between most heroes and troops (outside of maybe orghotts and maybe nurglings (though thay atleast have deepstrike and are ok with morbidex), there is hardly any useless units in the army), free summonable terrain and finally the army's biggest achilles heel, the slow speed, was fixed. And some people want free summoning on top of all things mentioned above? 

I don't think people want free summoning for Nurgle. You're right. Nurgle doesn't need it. I think people (or me, at least) dislike the reinforcement points system period, no matter the army. It seems like a band aid that was put on a system that was broken to begin with (limitless summoning) in order to balance matched play. The net effect is to create something that is, well, not fun. I think summoning should be redesigned from the ground up. Contagion points are a nice idea as a unique summoning system for Nurgle. Now go out and create something unique for the rest of chaos, something else for death, etc. And give non-summoning armies a counter balance of some kind.

Anyway, that's probably a discussion or another thread.

3 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

Possible List I’m looking to startnspreading papas joy.

GUO has bell and dagger.

Allegiance: Nurgle
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General
- Trait: Hideous Visage
- Artefact: The Endless Gift
Lord of Blights (140)
Sorcerer (120)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One (340)
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes

30 x Plaguebearers (320)
3 x Plague Drones (200)
Blight Cyst (220)

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

Torn between the awesome Witherstaff or trying to manipulate moral with The Carrion Dirge.

Favored Poxes or Glorious Afflictions?

3 Drones or 2 Pusgoyles?

Ive played one game so far with Nurgle. A sub optimal list with random stuff I had at the time.

I felt really restricted on movement and got pinned on my half by tunneling Fyreslayers turn one.

Tested Rotigus, never made a 7+ for Deluge. That plus the movement has me thinking bell and dagger on a regular GUO.

I want some movement, so needed some flies. Not sure which would be better in the current iteration.

I also want to try out Spume eventually as he seems like fun, but need to pick up some more Kings.

Appreciate any and all input.

With your spare 20 points upgrade the sorcerer to Festus?

imho the drones are not getting many buffs in this list. But this does seem solid the blight cyst is expensive but worth it imo.

2 hours ago, Kramer said:

Did the Maggotkin book increase his points? I thought he was 140?

Yeah he's 20 points more now. Quite a lot of MoN units are on the expensive side. Same with their Battalions. So far I've been seeing some cool lists though also have some questions in between, as suddenly there seems to be a heavy focus on Blight Cyst but to be honest I feel that unless 25+ Blightkings are taken I'm not incredibly hot on it. I do get it reduces drops but I still believe that there is a lot to say for mixed armies also :) By large because those 220 points could be another trio of Plaguedrones, two units of three Nurglings or yeah another unit of Blightkings (and more) which both increases survivability and output too. The moment you go really deep in Blightkings I do get it, but if said 15 Blightkings are ran I'm indifferent about it..

Saying that there are a lot of things I REALLY love in this Battletome and my top pick units would be:
- 30 Plaguebearers
- Gutrot Spume
- Lord of Blights
- Rotbringer Sorcerer
- Great Unclean One
- Rotigus
- Plague Drones
- Putrid Blightkings

Offcourse The Glottkin, Nurglings, Epidemius and Harbringer of Decay are good too but I do feel that with the above choices you can get a premium on units with a ton of synergy and thus potential to exploit parts of their power from. With this in mind I'd likely always create an army that is heavily focused on these units first. For the simple reason that they do not soack up a lot of points while being relatively easy targets to kill.

The Warlord Traits I deem the best are:
- Hulking Physique, not the prime pick but it seems good if you can't really figure out what to choose ;) 
- Rotbringer's Avalanche of Rotten Flesh, not the prime pick, I think Mortal WT's are better...
- I really have to say I love Pestilent Breath more and more for Nurgle Daemons. It isn't always relevant but more often it is than it isn't. GUO's massive base or good Daemon Prince Herald placement is essential but they have the sizes or options to do it.
- Virulent Contagion is always good. The more rend the better. It's also on all attacks :) 

Artefacts I love:
- Muttergrub, additional spell or way to Cycle change is just really good. This always works out better as it seems on paper and I'm a fan. Editing the Cycle means you loop "5" and this means your opponent is continiously in a world of pain.
- It's the Daemonic Artefacts I personally love in this book because there are so many great choices that I can't really pick a favourite. I will offcourse but the others most certainly deserve a note. The Bountiful Swarm is just really neat because it finishes off enemy Hero models in the Hero phase. It's dicey but should occur when your planning for it due to D3 mortal wounds stacks in the previous round. Don't really bother with keeping a Beast in reserve. 
The Witherstave is an allround great protection bubble which I really like but at the same time it's only functional when opponents offcourse decided to engage and have a functional bonus for those 6's. This isn't always the case...
Lastly the Tome of a Thousand Poxes would be my pick for now because I've seen some go for the blade on the GUO allready but again I feel that this is an easier and cheaper way to obtain half of that strength without damaging yourself. Two spells +1 is very worth it for a GUO. The other Daemons might indeed prefer other Artefacts!
- The Carrion Dirge is the last piece I also really like. Substracting 2 in such a large bubble can do a lot, especially if opponents use support pieces (which you will hunt down) that make them Morale immume and suddenly a lot of bodies start dropping. The Stenchplate is really neat to but I just prefer the automatic massive -2 Morale bubble.

In general a lot of Artefacts have a brickton of words attached to them, this is really fun! What I really continue to like is Nurgle magic so we'll focus on that and because of that I deem those Artefacts the most valuable because it adds to some nice additional spells while less Sorcerers have to be included. To me stuff like that always feels like an X point discount when creating armies.

Spells I think you shouldn't go without:
- Foul Regenesis, not mandatory to cast always but the longer I think about the more I love it. Cycle to 5, profit from 6 and put it back to 5 again ftw!
- Blades of Putrefaction, it's just amazing on everybody and trust that comming from a Bloodletter player ;) 
- Glorious Afflictions has a hell of a range and is a great way to offset the difference in speed and timing for your opponent. I really like it because it's so easy to cast and has that range. I do like Favoured Poxes but that no-move clause makes it worse and in reality more short ranged as it seems.
- I've found it difficult to make a great pick for Mortal spells, I think I like Cloying Quagmire but will also say that I would prefer the inclusion of Wizards with acces to Blades of Putrefaction over it. 

Typically I think a lot of Wizards come witha  good to great spell allready. Most are D3 mortal wound focused and because of that I feel the priority of most spells should be Heroes. It's because of this that I like the above 3 offensive and Cycle manipulation spells the most. If you can have a unit hit with Mortal wounds, not arrive on time or have a hero soack D6 mortal wounds that's all great!

For Battalions I really feel that there is one best choice and that's Blight Cyst , other Battalions in this book just don't really excite me because they are so difficult to create and don't have list flexability.
In addition to that I would indeed make two notions for alternative unit usage and I think the Slaves to Darkness Daemon Prince and Marauders fill two roles that are very welcome to MoN. The Daemon Prince with Drones and Breath is truely something I would fear! In addition Glottkin with enough Marauders still allows for a lot of list flexability and present a different kind of swarm.

Low drops remain a thing but due to Ferulent Gnarlmaw's being way easier to set up on your side of the field I believe having the combat occur on your side of the field is not a bad thing at all. Both Spume and Nurglings are also really neat infiltrators.

Cheers,

I have to say I agree with almost everything you said. In fact the list I posted a few days ago (attached for those that didn't see it, so everyone knows what I mean) runs almost exactly the things you mentioned. I do think you forgot to mention Rustfang though, it's great on someone like Lord of Afflictions, who can offer great value as a way to activate your locus on the drones and essentially giving them -1 extra rend on all their attacks too. 

Personally, I feel that we have good artifacts for a variety of things, and it really depends on what the local meta is. I, for one, am running Witherstave because I face lots of armies with bonuses on the 6+, so making them reroll their attacks is a nice annoyance.

5a5a16efd95b6_option1.png

@smucreo fantastic looking army like that and truely scary aswell! Presents a ton of issue units! I think you have a point on Rustfang. It's just that I'm never that overly convinced by stuff like it because while good I still prefer Muttergrub because Cycle manipulation leads to whole relevant army buffs and that just presents so much tactical flexability that I feel is not yet talked about often enough. 

Now I don't know all the StD unit costs by heart but if you'd change the Lord of Afflictions to a Daemon Prince with the Witherstave I do wonder what would happen? Can you do something with the potential 60 points opened for 10 Nurgle Marauders? 
Perhaps the Lord of Afflicitions actually wants the Witherstave? 

I am always intrigued by the mobility of flying units with debuff bubbles.

To be honest I haven't considered the Daemon or Lord with the Stave. It could be good I guess, I just put it with the GUO since I feel the extra debuff is great for my chaff (the GUO will probably be close to at least one of the 30 bearer units after all). It may be overkill though. I'd run Rustfang over Muttergrub only if I have enough sorcerers. My original list in fact had the Sorcerer carry a Muttergrub, because I ran a Scrivener instead of a Poxbringer and since I needed the Sorcerer to be able to cast Foul Regenesis + other spell each run it was what I felt was needed. Once I replaced the Scrivener with the Sorcerer the Stave or Rustfang just became that much more enticing.

On the point of Daemon Prince vs Lord of Afflictions: I considered it, but since 60 points really only would allow me to grab a extra unit of marauders and without Plaguetouched or Harbinger they aren't that good (imo) I opted to "upgrade" one unit of my choice and the Daemon was the easy choice. For only 60 points I gain the ability to heal, a 5++, area mortal wounds and the ability to reroll on my Blight Kings if they happen to be close (I do admit this last upside isn't as plausible with this list). The other option would be to "upgrade" the Rotbringer Sorcerer to a StD one, but I'd much rather have the extra punch on the bearers (mimicking bloodletter bombs in a way) than grabbing what the StD sorcerer has to offer from his abilities and Mortal lore (and I defended his usefulness about a week ago, which makes it that much more ironic :D it's just that it doesn't fit the list as much).

Yeah I think the differences arn't too masssive, would consider the part with the Artefact in game though. I think the Artefact is great on a different character too because it keeps the GUO a target but doesn't mean the whole issues are removed when the GUO is. In addition what I do think is wonderfully nasty with Flying Artefact wielders is again their placement. A GUO is great, this is awesome but a 130mm base can be cumbersome aswell and sometimes you just want to have all the advanatges :P 

But in general I think your list will do great. There is a bit of everything I deem to be scary in MoN and this is a really good thing. The mobility on the Drones is what makes the concept so scary because there are two anvils and two hammers.

Lastly, because I didn't even ask! Am I correct in assuming you will run the Bell and Flail? I think this is probably a great concept because while I like the blade I do think some rend attacks with 2 damage are very welcome for the GUO. It's easy to go full support and have it be a punching bag but I personally wouldn't go for that concept because Pestilent Breath only becomes better if it also has some nasty melee plans.

One thing I've noticed in quite a few places, it says ' at the end of the movement phase , you can set this unit up ....blah blah... " but it doesnt actually say, this counts as it's move for the turn. So I'm then assuming it gets a move and charge. Its on the Gutrot Spume ability and also the Affliction Cyst Battalion. Pretty cool if so, especially with a run + charge tree nearby and the +2 movement nurgle trait.

4 minutes ago, James McPherson said:

One thing I've noticed in quite a few places, it says ' at the end of the movement phase , you can set this unit up ....blah blah... " but it doesnt actually say, this counts as it's move for the turn. So I'm then assuming it gets a move and charge. Its on the Gutrot Spume ability and also the Affliction Cyst Battalion. Pretty cool if so, especially with a run + charge tree nearby and the +2 movement nurgle trait.

Don't think it works in that way. Would be way too op

4 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Don't think it works in that way. Would be way too op

2 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

Gutrot and friends come on at the end of the movement phase, so it's the last thing that happens. They can't then move

But on all the other warscrolls in AoS for all the other units who can appear, it specifically states, this counts as their move for this turn. On these abilities it doesn't. So I'd assume they can based off that. Bringing them on at the end of the phase just means you have to do all your other moves first. That's how I perceive it anyway.

@Killax Yep! Bell and Flail! Whatever gives me maximum melee output while keeping the movement support since I plan on keeping the nurgle clock on 5. My list really tries to squeeze value out of almost every unit, which I feel is the way to go considering the point increases.

27 minutes ago, Xelotath said:

Assuming Gutrot can bring Blight Cyst Kings on I'd be looking at running a list like this

IMG_6902.PNG

Cool list! Although can I be a little controversial here? I feel the Drones won't reliably do enough unless their locus is activated, which seems hard to mantain in this list unless you keep them tied to your GUO. If you don't want to lose mobility I'd focus on allowing them to roam free with some hero or just grabbing something else that does more for you.

EDIT: Chaos Knights for example could be cool.

2 hours ago, smucreo said:

I have to say I agree with almost everything you said. In fact the list I posted a few days ago (attached for those that didn't see it, so everyone knows what I mean) runs almost exactly the things you mentioned. I do think you forgot to mention Rustfang though, it's great on someone like Lord of Afflictions, who can offer great value as a way to activate your locus on the drones and essentially giving them -1 extra rend on all their attacks too. 

Personally, I feel that we have good artifacts for a variety of things, and it really depends on what the local meta is. I, for one, am running Witherstave because I face lots of armies with bonuses on the 6+, so making them reroll their attacks is a nice annoyance.

5a5a16efd95b6_option1.png

@Killax and @smucreo , thanks for the awesome discussion. I've really appreciated hearing your thoughts. I've found them quite insightful, especially as I'm new to Nurgle and just starting to get a feel for the army.

I've a question about the list above. I'm working on something similar, but was going to replace one unit of plaguebearers with 10 more Blightkings, partly because I have only 30 bearers and 15 Kings. How does that change your thinking on the list? Would you add some different heroes to take advantage of synergies, since the GUO doesn't add to their attacks?

You could go for Gutrot Spume instead of the Poxbringer and try his ability out with 10 blight kings, though you'd probably have to adjust the list and probably run the Daemon Prince instead of the Lord of Afflictions (if the points of Gutrot are higher than the points of the Poxbringer, I can't remember right now and I don't have the book with me). 

If you had to do so, consider grabbing the WitherStave on the Prince since he is not as tanky as the Lord of Afflictions, and as Killax said it helps make the GUO less of a target. If your problem is with magic instead, I'd grab a Muttergrub on the Sorcerer. 

Archived