Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

If you're planning to use the old herald, renamed Poxbringer, you'll have to adjust your list - they're 120 points now.

Oh, and so is the rotbringers sorcerer. 120 for him also.

Edit: And the Tallyband as well, feel like I'm giving way too much bad news here but tallyband is now 220.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Avvien said:

If you're planning to use the old herald, renamed Poxbringer, you'll have to adjust your list - they're 120 points now.

Oh, and so is the rotbringers sorcerer. 120 for him also.

I know about it for the Herald so I'll choose one of the two others which are 100 pts, sadly as I prefer the Poxbringer.

For the Rotbringers Sorcerer, they said on the Facehammer podcast that he didn't change so he should stick to 100 pts. Where did you get your info about the 120 ?

The battletome, I have the point list here in front of me. I'd post a picture but I noticed that was discouraged earlier in the thread?

Feel free to ask about any new unit or battalion cost though, happy to answer some before I head off for the night.

11 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Have any units decreased in cost? Oh and the Scribener is 100 points right?

Only the plague drones and Blightkings have decreased. A -lot- of others have gone up 20 points. Even things I thought were unchanged such as the harbinger of decay, and things I've not seen a lot of discussion about such as bloab, morbidex and orghotts.

Scrivener is indeed 100 :)

Great! So something like:

GUO - 340

Scrivener - 100

Sorcerer - 120 (or 140 if taking the Chaos Sorcerer)

30 plaguebearers - 320

10 plaguebearers - 120

10 plaguebearers - 120

Tallyband - 220

9 x Drones - 600

Could be an adjusted viable list for the one posted before me right?

Thanks for taking the time!

7 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Great! So something like:

GUO - 340

Scrivener - 100

Sorcerer - 120 (or 140 if taking the Chaos Sorcerer)

30 plaguebearers - 320

10 plaguebearers - 120

10 plaguebearers - 120

Tallyband - 220

9 x Drones - 600

Could be an adjusted viable list for the one posted before me right?

Thanks for taking the time!

Yes ! But for the spare points I would definitely go for the Poxbringer at 120 as he's a Sorcerer

Same with the Rot Sorcerer, drop the StD one, you want the Blade of Putrefaction spell and nothing else ^^

And Tallyband is 200 right ?

Quite frankly dont feel upset about not running a Battalion.

In my opinion adding Wizards who can push the Cycle to D3 mortal wounds for 3 units within 12" pretty much beats most Battalion plans all things considered.

Who goes first is absolutely relevant but this is why I like more Plaguebearers or Kings. They dont really care about the Shooting phase. Even less so if there are more.

13 minutes ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

Ooh i have a question: what does the bilepiper actually do??

For info on what the new guys do, check out Chris Tomlin's review here:

He posted about it a short while ago.

Here's what he said about the piper:

Sloppity Bilepiper, Herald of Nurgle - This dude is statted like the Poxbringer and has a couple of different buffs. You can reroll failed charge rolls and hit rolls of 1 for Nurglings and Great Unclean Ones (Keyword) within 7". He also adds 1 to your bravery and subtracts 1 from opponents within 7". 

2 minutes ago, Killax said:

In my opinion adding Wizards who can push the Cycle to D3 mortal wounds for 3 units within 12" pretty much beats most Battalion plans all things considered.

Who goes first is absolutely relevant but this is why I like more Plaguebearers or Kings. They dont really care about the Shooting phase. Even less so if there are more.

I wish I had your confidence! I don’t *want* to run a battalion, but I feel like never getting the choice of first or second could be a real issue...

3 minutes ago, Killax said:

What list would you suggest? Also, I thought the cycle can be moved by spells, and those are affected by the rule of one so you'll only be able to cast them once a turn.

Speaking of base sizes, fwiw I've been running 6 drones with a demonprince for a bit now and their biggest challenge is their insane footprint. It makes them cumbersome to maneuver and difficult to get a lot of models into combat. If you can get the majority of them in they rock... clearly will rock much harder soon! 

11 minutes ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

I wish I had your confidence! I don’t *want* to run a battalion, but I feel like never getting the choice of first or second could be a real issue...

I think youd be suprised how much it actually isnt an issue. It pays of to plant the first and second tree in your territory. So you can run/charge. Then if your opponent advances into that zone you have 2 4+ mortal wounds per unit in its AoE and your pretty much guaranteeing yourself the charges.

Have faith in massive blobs that can daisy chain to Trees aswell. What are they going to do? Shoot your Bearers to death? I doubt it.

In additon as long as you have one Sorcerer who can spin the wheel of Mythical Decay behind one Tree Id be eager to know how many oppossing heroes last the abuse of D3 mortal wounds to the face for 3 turns.

9 minutes ago, smucreo said:

What list would you suggest? Also, I thought the cycle can be moved by spells, and those are affected by the rule of one so you'll only be able to cast them once a turn.

Dont have the full costs! But this is what Id aim for from the top of my head:

- GUO 340, Daemon support 120, Daemon support 120, Rotbringer support 120 (700)

- 2x 30 Plaguebearers 640, 3x3 Drones 600 (1240)  I heard the Nurgle drones where cheaper idk.

- 60 points of stuff, dont know what Nurglings cost.

Basically fiddle the Cycle, prepair for some good combat and kick butt. Its relatively elite but this list will breed 4-5 Blight Trees and its important that you have them.

Casting the Cycle spell once per turn is enough. Just reset to five over and over again to massively profit :)

23 minutes ago, Darksider said:

You like the GUO better, than the Glottkin?

GUO is tougher, but only buffs one unit. The Glottkin can possibly buff all your units if they are in 14". He also can keep pace with the Drones.

I believe the "300s" are a magical number in AoS. So I love the GUO because it leaves room for other support that can be in other places while its fast, hard hitting, good casting and frankly all you can wish for in terms of attrition.

Bell GUO buffs all units but more importantly its Daemon. Which buffs all bearers, drones etc too. Plus your missing out on Command Traits and Artefacts with Glotkin.

4 minutes ago, smucreo said:

When you say daemon support what do you mean? Like Scrivener + Regular Herald?

Yeah stuff like that. It depends on what you want to focus on, bit of personal preforance and stuff like that.

In that same vein the Bearers can be units of 10 Blightkings too, then you can probably skip on the GUO and add another 5 Kings but that -2 to hit is super tasty. So is the Mortal wound buff on units like Bearers or Drones. You chew through stuff like Bloodletters.

Trying to come up with an alright 1000 list.

Maybe something like:

Harbinger of Decay - 160

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - 160

Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle - 120

5x Putrid Blightkings - 160

10x Chaos Marauders - 60

980 / 1000

Ugh, if only the CSL and Harbinger stayed 140 I could stick another 10 marauders in there...

6 minutes ago, Killax said:

Yeah stuff like that. It depends on what you want to focus on, bit of personal preforance and stuff like that.

In that same vein the Bearers can be units of 10 Blightkings too, then you can probably skip on the GUO and add another 5 Kings but that -2 to hit is super tasty. So is the Mortal wound buff on units like Bearers or Drones. You chew through stuff like Bloodletters.

Eh, I guess I'd have to find something better to fill the extra points other than the regular herald, I find him a bit underwhelming... but I can reconsider him too.

4 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Eh, I guess I'd have to find something better to fill the extra points other than the regular herald, I find him a bit underwhelming... but I can reconsider him too.

Hmm well it's another D3 Mortal Wounds somewhere and he can spin the wheel too :)

Cheap stuff ftw within this elite and expensiver Nurgle.

Archived