Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

1 minute ago, peasant said:

Hi, I played Today and My Plaguebearers Did Nothing, and They Were a lot of points 560/1500 so Im Thinking to buy More things, I would choose Only one of The following List

1 lord of afflct. + 4 pusgoiles

1 Guo ( I Got 1 at The Moment)

1 lord of blight + 15 BK

1 horticulous + X beasts Nurgle

2 Chaos chariots + 10 chaos knights

40 ungor Raiders

What do You think fellows?  Is There Something More Interesting I Havent noticed?

plgauebois should really do anything. Except soak up damage and sit on objectives. Dont expect them to do anything offensive. What was the rest of your list?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sal4m4nd3r said:

plgauebois should really do anything. Except soak up damage and sit on objectives. Dont expect them to do anything offensive. What was the rest of your list?

1 GUO

1 cigor

1 Plague Claw

10 Chaos marauder

1 sorcerer 

1 Festus

That was All  the sorcerer cast blades on a Fellow Slaven Unit and Almost killed One bastilodon (sooooo Broken)

2 minutes ago, peasant said:

1 GUO

1 cigor

1 Plague Claw

10 Chaos marauder

1 sorcerer 

1 Festus

That was All  the sorcerer cast blades on a Fellow Slaven Unit and Almost killed One bastilodon (sooooo Broken)

is Cigor a typo/autocorrect?  Im assuming you had 30/10/10 for plaguebearers? YOU NEED DRONES. Get Drones (a unit of 6 is nice), GUO command ability on them, have a demon hero nearby for locus, cast blades and start deleting units off the board.

6 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

is Cigor a typo/autocorrect?  Im assuming you had 30/10/10 for plaguebearers? YOU NEED DRONES. Get Drones (a unit of 6 is nice), GUO command ability on them, have a demon hero nearby for locus, cast blades and start deleting units off the board.

Thank u Very Much 4 The Insight!!

Yes its warherd cygor or cigor Got OT because I expected a Lot o f Wizards. I Actually Got 3 Plague drones but Havent used them, Only once against Tzeentch disciples, a sad Story indeed.

So You think is good idea to field them, even Buy 3 More? Are Better Than pusgoyles?

@peasantThey are more point efficient than pusgoyles. And since the GUO command ability and locus add 1 attack to EACH profile.. that makes it so each drone has 10 attacks. A unit of 6 will therefore have 60 attacks and will generate an average amount of 10 mortal wounds on top of normal damage. Here is a breakdown of the probability of damage of 6 drones fighting with mouthparts with +2 attacks and blades of putrefaction. A  35% chance of doing 24-28 wounds against a target with a 4+ save!

Capture.JPG

This is not saying pusgoyles are bad.. but that they are less efficient than drones at doing damage. 

6 hours ago, Soldier of decay said:

Also mornguls, how do I stop it. One shotted my Glottkin. It was a lucky roll but how can I damage it effectively since it has a 3+, 5++, 6+++ 

Debuffs are probably the way forward to deal with it, Favoured Poxes for instance helps quite a bit in both reducing it's damage output as well as making it a bit easier to kill. Another option would be to slow it down at range with Glorious Afflictions, then bombard it into submission with mortal wounds from a combination of spells and the wheel of fortune. If it does still get to you then at least it will be hopefully half dead and much easier to deal with. The major downside with this approach of course is that some of the spells have a high enough casting value to be somewhat unreliable get off consistently, however with for instance Rotigus and a brace of sorcerors (and the right dial on the wheel of fortune) you can potentially hit things for 4D3 wounds in a turn, which is pretty nice, especially if you also want to dabble in a spot of character sniping.

Witherstaff would also probably help to avoid it getting crazy dice spikes and killing the world too, especially if it was going into a big unit of plaguebearers given the additional -1 to hit.

@peasant

For comparison I ran 4 pusgoyles (which is 440 points compared to 6 drones at 400).  I was CONVINCED Drones would be better but thats not what the math says unless I calculated incorrectly. Now the pusgoyles are 40 points more, only have 4 models as opposed to 6, 28 wounds vs the drones 30.. but they do have a 4+ save. Here is the damage spread for 4 pusgoyles with blades and +1 attack (either from glotkin or the GUO)

Capture.JPG

Against a target with a 4+ save, 4 pusgoyles with blades and +1 attack  have a 30% chance to 23-26

Drones against the same target with +2 attacks was doing 24-28 35% of the time. I'm amazed they had similar damage. With all the ****** they took I never looked at pusgoyles as competitive. That may chnage

8 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

@peasant

For comparison I ran 4 pusgoyles (which is 440 points compared to 6 drones at 400).  I was CONVINCED Drones would be better but thats not what the math says unless I calculated incorrectly. Now the pusgoyles are 40 points more, only have 4 models as opposed to 6, 28 wounds vs the drones 30.. but they do have a 4+ save. Here is the damage spread for 4 pusgoyles with blades and +1 attack (either from glotkin or the GUO)

Capture.JPG

Im convinced Too Ill Go The PD Route, and  Planning to convert some  poxwalkers (I Have 80 or so) in Chaos marauders(based in Your conversión Hebe) to exploit The Lord of blights Command. And Festus instead of a Vanilla Sorcerer to cast Blades or His Spell depending of The situation

2 minutes ago, peasant said:

Im convinced Too Ill Go The PD Route, and  Planning to convert some  poxwalkers (I Have 80 or so) in Chaos marauders(based in Your conversión Hebe) to exploit The Lord of blights Command. And Festus instead of a Vanilla Sorcerer to cast Blades or His Spell depending of The situation

Sounds like a great plan! Look into plaguetouched warband as that works very well with the lord of blights as a general. Its a blanket -1 to hit in combat, so another -2/-1 shooting/combat would make it -2/-2! If you havent used an artifact on someone else in your list, or if you run a batallion and can choose two, I still like the rotbringer sorcerer WITH MUTTERGRUB over festus as he can cast two spells. His unqiue spell is ******, but you could give him blades and he can cast either mystic shield, arcane bolt or foul regen every turn! If you have no artifact to give, Festus is clearly the better choice (granted you have the 20 extra points)

14 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Drones against the same target with +2 attacks was doing 24-28 35% of the time. I'm amazed they had similar damage. With all the ****** they took I never looked at pusgoyles as competitive. That may chnage

Yeah I did the same test, but 4 drones vs 4 pusgoyles, because it's actually rare I was able to fit all 6 against a unit anyway, and in that case, for 40 points, pusgoyles comes way on top, especially if you're lucky with 6 to hit on their Blighted weapons. I didnt count Blades in though, just the +1 or +2 attacks from the command and the locus.

Drones are still the safer choice, having more wounds total and the ability to revive if you're lucky. I do run Lord of Affliction now, so pusgoyles benefits from the reroll 1 to hit too, which make them more reliable. It's still a heavy investment but it seems feasible, I test them against a GUO and normally with +1 attack 4 of them are able to take it out in one combat phase. 

I wouldnt throw them against a 2+ save though, if blades isnt cast on them. They'll do a small amount of wounds and you'll lose your hammer. 

19 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Sounds like a great plan! Look into plaguetouched warband as that works very well with the lord of blights as a general. Its a blanket -1 to hit in combat, so another -2/-1 shooting/combat would make it -2/-2! If you havent used an artifact on someone else in your list, or if you run a batallion and can choose two, I still like the rotbringer sorcerer WITH MUTTERGRUB over festus as he can cast two spells. His unqiue spell is ******, but you could give him blades and he can cast either mystic shield, arcane bolt or foul regen every turn! If you have no artifact to give, Festus is clearly the better choice (granted you have the 20 extra points)

Plaguetouched is Awesome I didnt noticia I could use It Taking nurgle Alliance I Thought I need to Be everchosen

3 hours ago, FRoper said:

what ally units would people take from either Brayherds or warherds. I was thinking of a unit of 30 ungors or maybe a cygor. 

Im using a cygor and is useful if You expect Wizards, for Hordes I prefer a plagueclaw

I know lists have been discussed at massive length on this thread, but thought i'd throw out mine for feedback.

The list focuses on resilience, speed and objective holding to win games (at least in my head it does!)

Harbinger of Decay (General) (Witherstave) (Grandfather's Blessing)

Great Unclean One (Bell/Blade) (Favoured Poxes)

Festus the Leechlord (Blades of Putrefaction) 

30 Plaguebearers

40 Mauraders (Axe/Shield) (Nurgle)

30 Marauder Horsemen (Javelin/Shield) (Nurgle)

Chaos Chariot (Nurgle)

Chaos Chariot (Nurgle)

Army Total = 2000pts

So the army has an enormous amount of bodies and wounds for resilience + objectives. The characters are supportive pieces here, unless specifically needed on the front lines. 

Speed is another key factor with the army able to move really fast to control the board, block units in the case of the chariots or deny objectives.

Marauder Horse provide a mass of wounds, combined with speed, and loads of attacks for blades (including 60 javelin shots). Their ability to take a charge, then retreat and act as needed is also pretty important for a list like this.

Anti-armour is an obvious problem, the option is there to have the rustfang instead of the witherstave. I think both are fantastic but i'd be a little worried having the harbinger so close to the action.

Look forward to thoughts:)

On 4/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, Soldier of decay said:

Can nurgle allegiance take chaos familiars? They only have chaos keyword, and their name

No because they are in compendium and no compendium can be allied

@WeeDaveSoutar

nice list! Looks great and has a clear vision with the units backing up that vision. My thought when reading the list where is the warshrine?? I think your list is begging for it. The harbinger can’t be every where! And being able to re roll ALL wounds on the horsemen would be great!

5 hours ago, WeeDaveSoutar said:

30 Plaguebearers

Chaos Chariot (Nurgle)

Chaos Chariot (Nurgle)

Army Total = 2000pts.

I think the list looks good and I love the idea.

my list is very similar resilient rather than offensive which I think is very thematically Nurgle.

my biggest concern would be battleshock, with the Harbinger as general you are not going to be using inspiring presence. 

With such low bravery those marauders and marauder horseman are going to be running after only losing a few bodies.

i would agree with  sal4m4nd3r that the warshrine could offset this (and even give the flexibility for inspiring a big block) 

i might also look to switch out one of your big blocks for some blightkings or pusgoyles, yes you lose some bodies and wounds but gain some more staying power due to their higher bravery

7 hours ago, WeeDaveSoutar said:

I know lists have been discussed at massive length on this thread, but thought i'd throw out mine for feedback.

The list focuses on resilience, speed and objective holding to win games (at least in my head it does!)

30 Plaguebearers

Chaos Chariot (Nurgle)

Chaos Chariot (Nurgle)

Army Total = 2000pts

So the army has an enormous amount of bodies and wounds for resilience + objectives. The characters are supportive pieces here, unless specifically needed on the front lines. 

Speed is another key factor with the army able to move really fast to control the board, block units in the case of the chariots or deny objectives.

Marauder Horse provide a mass of wounds, combined with speed, and loads of attacks for blades (including 60 javelin shots). Their ability to take a charge, then retreat and act as needed is also pretty important for a list like this.

Anti-armour is an obvious problem, the option is there to have the rustfang instead of the witherstave. I think both are fantastic but i'd be a little worried having the harbinger so close to the action.

I like The List, but as You noted You Will Have to Struggle Against Some armies like tzeentch with Gaunt summoner or Other antiHorde Tricks, Why not Thin The List a Little and Go plaguetouched? Bring CM to 35 and horsemen to 28.

This is The List im Goin' to try this Week, 1k (960) points:

Plaguetouched

1 lord of blights General, rusted Fang...

1 Festus

1 Sorcerer on manticore

35 Chaos marauders

3x7 chaos marauders

The Plan is  Buff The Big Blob of marauders -2/-2 to hit, re Rolling Saves of 1. Manticore lord is for projectile Attraction so They ignore The lord of blights that is The Key Piece of The list. Festus Will Get blades but Sometimes His Spell Will Be better

Hey guys. I'm going to play my first tournament with Rotbringers. What do you think about the following List?

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Lord of Blights (140)
Harbinger of Decay (160)
- General

Battleline
10 x Putrid Blightkings (320)
- Nurgle Battleline
5 x Putrid Blightkings (160)
- Nurgle Battleline
2 x Pusgoyle Blightlords (220)
- Nurgle Battleline (Lord of Afflictions General)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 88

Named Chars are not allowed. These are all Figures i have. I just could replace the Lord of Blights with a Lord of Plagues. But there are many Shooty Armies expected (Sylvaneth), so the cloud of flies will do a better job, i think. Other Armies will be Stormcast Eternals, Skaven and Fireslayers. 

Are 10 Blightkings ok? Or better split up them into two? 

8 minutes ago, Aex said:

Named Chars are not allowed. These are all Figures i have. I just could replace the Lord of Blights with a Lord of Plagues. But there are many Shooty Armies expected (Sylvaneth), so the cloud of flies will do a better job, i think. Other Armies will be Stormcast Eternals, Skaven and Fireslayers. 

Are 10 Blightkings ok? Or better split up them into two? 

The Lord of Blights Plague of Flies ability is a Command Ability, so you cannot both use that and have the Harbinger as your General.

Also I would probably split up the Blightkings into 2x5, since it's a 1k game you're less likely to come up against a lot that 5 cannot deal with and you need units to cover board space to win the missions (I presume).

Archived