Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

So rough attempt at a first list; points are going to be REALLY tight for this army, so you'll really want to have an overall plan and build towards that, things get very expensive very fast. Of course, if you really want to cheese it you can mix in Pestilens or Slaves to Darkness, but I prefer a more fluffy approach.

Thus far I'm really liking the Blight Cyst battalion, so it's forming the core of the list. I have 30 Plaguebearers as a solid anvil; they'll have a -2 to hit against shooting/-1 to hit in combat plus Disgustingly Resilient and are supported by the Spoilpox Scrivener. The GUO with Doomsday Bell forms the anchor, being tough to kill and giving +3 movement to units within 7". The Lord of Blights and the Blightkings are the hammer, staying within 7" of him to get the shooting attack and using the bonus movement from the Doomsday Bell and when the Wheel of Corruption is on #1 for a total of +5 movement to move up the board. Finally, the Plague Drones are fast enough that they can capture objectives or harass enemy units. I went with them over the Pusgoyle Blightlords mainly because I already have 3 Plague Drones, and because the third model might help more than extra wounds on the Pusgoyle Blightlords; I plan to experiment with this as soon as I get a box of Pusgoyle Blightlords to compare the two better.

Lord of Blights (General; Grandfather's Blessing, Rustfang) - 140
Spoilpox Scrivener - 100
Great Unclean One (Doomsday Bell; The Witherstave) - 340
30 Plaguebearers - 320
10 Putrid Blightkings - 320
5 Putrid Blightkings - 160
3 Plague Drones - 200
Blight Cyst (Battalion) - 220

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, TheMuphinMan said:

well if the fleshy abundance spell goes off, they would have 2 wounds each thus disappear half as fast as normal. So they might tie up a some stuff for a turn or 2 while the rest of your army gets in position and the catapults pelt some stuff.  Also, as much as i hate the "these guys got hit so hard some guys over here felt it" aspect of allotting wounds to models, you could remove models in a way that gives your opponent less activations.  Then if the group you play with allows multiple banners/musicians types, you have the icon of pestilence to get some extra value out of your dying models and the doom gong to interfere with the charges 

You invested a turn of buffs and 240 points into them so their goal is to do at least 240 points of damage and at least one turn of disruption. After they start dying off,  hopefully the plaguebearers can get into position so you can buff them with fleshy, blades and mystic shield.

Yup. That would be true filth.9_9

5 hours ago, wayniac said:

So rough attempt at a first list; points are going to be REALLY tight for this army, so you'll really want to have an overall plan and build towards that, things get very expensive very fast. Of course, if you really want to cheese it you can mix in Pestilens or Slaves to Darkness, but I prefer a more fluffy approach.

Thus far I'm really liking the Blight Cyst battalion, so it's forming the core of the list. I have 30 Plaguebearers as a solid anvil; they'll have a -2 to hit against shooting/-1 to hit in combat plus Disgustingly Resilient and are supported by the Spoilpox Scrivener. The GUO with Doomsday Bell forms the anchor, being tough to kill and giving +3 movement to units within 7". The Lord of Blights and the Blightkings are the hammer, staying within 7" of him to get the shooting attack and using the bonus movement from the Doomsday Bell and when the Wheel of Corruption is on #1 for a total of +5 movement to move up the board. Finally, the Plague Drones are fast enough that they can capture objectives or harass enemy units. I went with them over the Pusgoyle Blightlords mainly because I already have 3 Plague Drones, and because the third model might help more than extra wounds on the Pusgoyle Blightlords; I plan to experiment with this as soon as I get a box of Pusgoyle Blightlords to compare the two better.

Spoilpox Scrivener - 100
30 Plaguebearers - 320
3 Plague Drones - 200

I was working on something similar, actually. I like the Lord of Blights as general for the defense. I hadn't thought of that.

6 hours ago, wayniac said:

Finally, the Plague Drones are fast enough that they can capture objectives or harass enemy units. I went with them over the Pusgoyle Blightlords mainly because I already have 3 Plague Drones, and because the third model might help more than extra wounds on the Pusgoyle Blightlords; I plan to experiment with this as soon as I get a box of Pusgoyle Blightlords to compare the two better.

Spoilpox Scrivener - 100
30 Plaguebearers - 320
3 Plague Drones - 200

Toads might be a good alternative to drones.

8 hours ago, wayniac said:

Spoilpox Scrivener - 100
30 Plaguebearers - 320
3 Plague Drones - 200

I was thinking a similar list, though instead of the

10 Putrid Blightkings -230

I would cut the squad to

and add

1 Gutrot Spume - 140

10 Chaos Maruders - 60

With Gutrot's ability would give me more options, and I could use the Maruders to cap objectives. Just theory at the moment, but will try some games out later in the week hopefully and post results.

for a 2k list.

8 hours ago, wayniac said:

Spoilpox Scrivener - 100
30 Plaguebearers - 320
3 Plague Drones - 200

Honestly with so many Blight Kings I would go for a Harbinger as general. 

11 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It's Tzeentch now. Always 

could you say where you found this, as I have looked at the faq's and could not find any information about it gaining the tzeensch keyword. 

I looked at the scroll and it makes no sense as the kit includes a khorne head as well as a head to make one like a nurgle, so I find it hard to believe. this does show they need to say when a warscroll has been updated, but I will happily use the one in the grand alliance book in my area. 

11 hours ago, Arkiham said:

It's Tzeentch now. Always 

could you say where you found this, as I have looked at the faq's and could not find any information about it gaining the tzeensch keyword. 

I looked at the scroll and it makes no sense as the kit includes a khorne head as well as a head to make one like a nurgle, so I find it hard to believe. this does show they need to say when a warscroll has been updated, but I will happily use the one in the grand alliance book in my area. 

3 hours ago, smucreo said:

Honestly with so many Blight Kings I would go for a Harbinger as general. 

I really wanted to include one (he's an amazing model)  just didn't have the points.  I may need to try running 3x5 Blightkings instead of 1x10 and 2x5, but then I'm concerned with board presence; the 30 plaguebearers helps in this regard however so maybe it will be okay.  Also, I think Maggotkin might struggle the most in Duality of Death, as you can't really afford to take a lot of heroes or behemoths unless you're cheesing the list and filling it with plague monks or some cheap chaff hordes, but then you're not really playing Maggotkin IMHO.  However luckily for me I don't play or plan to play competitively, and my group is not a fan of the GH2017 battleplans anyways.

29 minutes ago, wayniac said:

I really wanted to include one (he's an amazing model)  just didn't have the points.  I may need to try running 3x5 Blightkings instead of 1x10 and 2x5, but then I'm concerned with board presence; the 30 plaguebearers helps in this regard however so maybe it will be okay.  Also, I think Maggotkin might struggle the most in Duality of Death, as you can't really afford to take a lot of heroes or behemoths unless you're cheesing the list and filling it with plague monks or some cheap chaff hordes, but then you're not really playing Maggotkin IMHO.  However luckily for me I don't play or plan to play competitively, and my group is not a fan of the GH2017 battleplans anyways.

Well we got so many heroes to work with in duality: loa is bonker in that scenario, guo with endless gift is unkillable and since we can afford 1 drop strategies and we have movement buffs it isn't impossible to arrive there 1st turn

And then good luck to move us from here

I will have some real brainstorming nighmares with this army building. I like to build an army around the models that I like (or love). It becomes quite difficult when those models are numerous AND expensive (in points).

Harbinger of decay

all blight heros/chars/generals

GUO

Rotigus

Glottkin (probably my fav)

bligh knighs

blight pusgoyles

With only this list, i'm f*cked up :-( (and my wallet will soon be too)

any though around this list? (at 2k)

1 hour ago, JonnyTheKing said:

what lists are people  running?

Right now I want to try a cavalry heavy list since the cost for regular drones went down, so;

1x Harbinger of Decay - 160

1x Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle - 120

10x Putrid Blightkings - 320

6x Plague Drones - 400

1000/1000

Both the harbinger and the poxbringer can trigger locus on the drones, while the poxbringer is mostly there to spin the wheel. Harbinger's command ability on kings makes them pretty tanky, and the poxbringer also gets to throw a few heals around.

28 minutes ago, Avvien said:

Right now I want to try a cavalry heavy list since the cost for regular drones went down, so;

1x Harbinger of Decay - 160

1x Poxbringer, Herald of Nurgle - 120

10x Putrid Blightkings - 320

6x Plague Drones - 400

1000/1000

Both the harbinger and the poxbringer can trigger locus on the drones, while the poxbringer is mostly there to spin the wheel. Harbinger's command ability on kings makes them pretty tanky, and the poxbringer also gets to throw a few heals around.

If your list is for matched play, you have to split the blightkings into 2x5, otherwise your list would be illegal. ;)

19 minutes ago, Injuryprone said:

So apparently the poxbringer doesn't have the wizard keyword.

It must be an oversight. The warscroll clearly says "A Poxbringer is a WIZARD." They must have left it off the keywords section.

Archived