Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

Mmm

I can see now a mortal force using chaos using: lord of blights, plaguetouched and cunning deceiver. -3 to be hitten first round from shooting and combat? Sounds good.

The absence of any news on harbinger of decay worries me a lot. 

Kinda disappointed by pusgoyles, i hoped they at least has some kind of rend. If they are just normale kings with flies for their points i can more than 7 more wounds in normale blightkings.

The GUO is terrifying. To say the least. Daemons will be really strong i suppose compared to mortals.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as someone who is going to go out and buy Nurgle daemon stuff, what's a good beginning? I've 10 plaguebearers only! Thinking of:

The tome,

Blight War (sell SC half - even though I'm an SC guy too I don't want too much grey on the side lines),

2-3 more boxes of plague bearers or as many as 7? Maybe just a start collecting?

GUO

The new heralds

Not all at once but I want to buy, build, paint repeat probably until May ish. Should be 2000 points.

Should I consider some blight kings and rotbringer heroes? I'm feeling a full daemon force at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Turragor said:

So as someone who is going to go out and buy Nurgle daemon stuff, what's a good beginning? I've 10 plaguebearers only! Thinking of:

The tome,

Blight War (sell SC half - even though I'm an SC guy too I don't want too much grey on the side lines),

2-3 more boxes of plague bearers or as many as 7? Maybe just a start collecting?

GUO

The new heralds

Not all at once but I want to buy, build, paint repeat probably until May ish. Should be 2000 points.

Should I consider some blight kings and rotbringer heroes? I'm feeling a full daemon force at the moment.

I would buy:

70 plaguebearers (10 bw)

Horticulus (bw)

2 trees

6 drones (3 bw)

Guo

And fill with utility. Is not the most competitive choice maybe but a strong bulk for sure

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

The absence of any news on harbinger of decay worries me a lot.

Wouldn't worry too much, the harbinger (and description of the current model) was mentioned in the stream so doubt he's going anywhere. Still one of my favorite sculpts.

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

Kinda disappointed by pusgoyles, i hoped they at least has some kind of rend. If they are just normale kings with flies for their points i can more than 7 more wounds in normale blightkings.

I think their utility will come from their movement speed and resilience, remember they have disgustingly resilient unlike blightkings. They also have more attacks from the drone and some -2 rend on the (i think) bell weapon (one out of every 2 models). I'd also hold off judgement until we see the rules for the battalion - 1 lord of affliction and probably 3 pusgoyle units.

5 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Use the wheel from blightwar

What does that mean? That the blight war wheel is still usable, it will be released separately, or you'll have to buy blightwar to use a nurgle army to its full ability?

On the break down between rotbringer, mortal, and daemon for abilities, does that mean if you decided to bring a mixed Nurgle Army, you have to pick the generic traits and artifacts, of can you choose one allegiance and still bring model from another, but they just don't get buffed. Also, what's the difference between mortal and rotbringer? I was always under the impression that the rotbringers were the mortals of nurgle. Or is it just a keyword thing where something may have a mortal and rotbringer keyword, but something else may have a rotbringer and daemon keyword?

Ok so firstly it means the army trait thing will be the cycle of corruption, so you can either use it in the book, or if you own the wheel use the wheel. The blightwar wheel is like a warscroll cards type gaming aid.

So rotbringers and mortals will be a difference in keywords. You can select whichever trait and artefact matches the keyword of your general/characters. For example, a GUO general will have to take Daemon command traits, whilst a lord of plagues in the same army will take artefacts from the rotbringers section. A lord of afflictions general can select between rotbringers or daemons, as he will have both keywords (lord of afflictions and pusgoyle blightlords are rotbringers and daemons, since their mounts are daemonic, similar to the tzaangor shaman and enlightened/skyfires). It's the same way disciples of Tzeentch works, mix and match. You won't be forced to only go one way or another. 

27 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

What does that mean? That the blight war wheel is still usable, it will be released separately, or you'll have to buy blightwar to use a nurgle army to its full ability?

On the break down between rotbringer, mortal, and daemon for abilities, does that mean if you decided to bring a mixed Nurgle Army, you have to pick the generic traits and artifacts, of can you choose one allegiance and still bring model from another, but they just don't get buffed. Also, what's the difference between mortal and rotbringer? I was always under the impression that the rotbringers were the mortals of nurgle. Or is it just a keyword thing where something may have a mortal and rotbringer keyword, but something else may have a rotbringer and daemon keyword?

As above it means the first part of the Battle Trait is kept, more will be added, such as the point and free first Blight Tree.

What the Abilities mean is that they are exclusive to the Keywords. Rotbringers can pick theirs and Mortal. Daemons can pick Daemons. Slaves to Darkness can pick Mortal too but is more limited. All are exclusive to the Nurgle Allegiance but the models available to that Allegiance are many. The difference between Mortal and Rotbringer is narrative. Rotbringers are a special kind of Nurgle followers, like Bloodbound for Khorne.They have both Keywords. Slaves to Darkness for example only has the Mortal list options.

It is a Keyword thing. Fortunatly for you most riders on Daemonic mounts have that Keyword. For whatever reason the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut does not have this. Always check per Warscroll. 

12 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

The locus has now changed for all units that hvae them aswell. 
Loci used to trigger omly if a nearby NURGLE PLAGUEBEARER HERO was nearby only. They have now changed this to read ANY NURGLE HERO.

Do you know if Horticulous Slimux has gotten the plaguebearer keyword now? 

Yeah the BKs look good and I'm definitely going to field them, at some point I may try fielding a whole lot of them with proper support. That's in the future though, for now I only have 10 plaguebearers I bought like 3 days ago hahah

1 hour ago, Greasygeek said:

Do you know if Horticulous Slimux has gotten the plaguebearer keyword now? 

Even better, I believe they stated anything that used to require plaguebearer keyword to activate just requires a model with the keywords nurgle and hero. So any nurgle character now.

Apparently the blightkings and lord of plagues battalion may be looking like the strong meta 1k list.

For me the lord of plagues will remain a useless hero unless he has a new command ability.

I bring you guys 2 new thing that have been said in the stream: beasts locus is +1 damage on all attacks, glottkin can now provide a -1 to hit bubble if he wins opposing bravery in X" with 2D6

12 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

I bring you guys 2 new thing that have been said in the stream: beasts locus is +1 damage on all attacks, glottkin can now provide a -1 to hit bubble if he wins opposing bravery in X" with 2D6

So does this means that beast no longer has to roll 6 to det the double damage but instead they gain +1 damage if within 7” of a nurgle hero?

not sure I get the Glottkin bravery thing. So in the hero phase Glottkin rolls 2D6 against his bravery and if he beats it (requiring 10+) he gets a bubble of -1 to hit within ?”. Correct? If so that seem like something thats pretty hard to rely on.

34 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Even better, I believe they stated anything that used to require plaguebearer keyword to activate just requires a model with the keywords nurgle and hero. So any nurgle character now.

Apparently the blightkings and lord of plagues battalion may be looking like the strong meta 1k list.

So by anything that also means for older battalions (from the realmgatewars books) especially the tallyband? That was the primary reason that I was asking. As it currently is Horticulous cannot be a part of the Tallyband of Nurgle due to lacking the plaguebearer keyword.

6 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

So does this means that beast no longer has to roll 6 to det the double damage but instead they gain +1 damage if within 7” of a nurgle hero?

not sure I get the Glottkin bravery thing. So in the hero phase Glottkin rolls 2D6 against his bravery and if he beats it (requiring 10+) he gets a bubble of -1 to hit within ?”. Correct? If so that seem like something thats pretty hard to rely on.

It works against the enemy bravery.

It can possibly be really interesting coupled with plaguetouched

About beasts, this is what i said. I actually don't know if is a conditional +1 damage but i don't think so. They want to male them strong with the price they have. Also horti has got a ton better, so maybe they want to push the code horti+beasts+trees

The tankiness vs damage that follows the hit wound formula seems superb, but it remains to be seen if they can take on the onslaught of mortal wounds autogenerated by some spells and abilities IMO. As it is now I feel burst from that is still a huge problem. 

The other thing I want to see is how hard our hardest hitters can hit, and if trees cost points or they are just like the sylvaneth woods, costing no points if your army has the corresponding allegiance.

Archived