Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

While I would have much preferred the GUO to be a bit cheaper, I don't think saying he should be the same as a the other greater daemons is really the best argument since GW doesn't generally price models based on their game role. It's like complaining that Alarielle is more than Nagash even though they're both gods. I'll probably still buy one, but the higher price probably makes him less likely a day one purchase(which was already a bit distant of a possibility). At least he's two system usable, so he's a least a question of when to buy rather than if to buy compared to Mortarian. If he's has enough synergy with the Death Guard(hopefully his buffs and abilities are for Nurgle units and not nurgle daemon units), he may replace a Mortarian purchase altogether. Now that we have confirmation from GW of what will be going up for preorder next week, I think my first round of purchases will be everything but the GUO. I'll get all my armies built up(whether is mixed daemon and mortal for each AoS and 40k, or standalone mortal for each and shared daemon, I'm not sure yet), then look to get him as an add on later.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Killax said:

I dont really get the GUO price issue, you just need one. But use whichever you want offcourse!

It's mainly that it's quite a bit more than the other two chaos factions'. It's Imperial Knight priced for something that's monopose. With some discounts from gaming stores it'll be more reasonable i guess. 

10 hours ago, bsharitt said:

While I would have much preferred the GUO to be a bit cheaper, I don't think saying he should be the same as a the other greater daemons is really the best argument since GW doesn't generally price models based on their game role. It's like complaining that Alarielle is more than Nagash even though they're both gods. I'll probably still buy one, but the higher price probably makes him less likely a day one purchase(which was already a bit distant of a possibility). At least he's two system usable, so he's a least a question of when to buy rather than if to buy compared to Mortarian. If he's has enough synergy with the Death Guard(hopefully his buffs and abilities are for Nurgle units and not nurgle daemon units), he may replace a Mortarian purchase altogether. Now that we have confirmation from GW of what will be going up for preorder next week, I think my first round of purchases will be everything but the GUO. I'll get all my armies built up(whether is mixed daemon and mortal for each AoS and 40k, or standalone mortal for each and shared daemon, I'm not sure yet), then look to get him as an add on later.

I don't think that's a necessary argument either, but £85 is a lot for a model any way you crack it! The Glottkin is as large (and in my opinion a nicer model) so if you had a choice between the two for a huge model to lead your force, the premium for the GUO will put some people off I imagine. 

3 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

It's mainly that it's quite a bit more than the other two chaos factions'. It's Imperial Knight priced for something that's monopose. With some discounts from gaming stores it'll be more reasonable i guess. 

Well by comparison Nurgle also now has quite a bit more. Mono pose is not so much the case, I mean Rotigus parts can be used.

I agree that its not cheap but he has a lot of volume, 130mm base is also the largest so far for GDs. 16 wounds with his Regeneration also make it extremely difficult to kill.

Thing is, GW is never really cheap.

I wasn't gonna get both Go'bax and a GUO when I thought the GUO was gonna be around £70 ( I realise this was an assumption begging to be destroyed!) but the extra £15 has crossed some invisible barrier in my mind and now getting both just seems daft.

i was thinking Gor'bax could be both a daemon prince in smaller games and a GUO in higher point games so he'd be the better value if I was only getting one of them.

I will probably crumble and end up getting both though as I really like the new GUO model ha ha!

I'm reasonably set for Nurgle with 15 BKs, 80 PBs, 9 drones, all three maggogth lords, the glottkin, a GUO as well as 10 knights and 20 warriors that I've converted, and Horticulus.

I also have 5 beasts, and the Harbinger and a converted LoDM. Pretty much everything rot bringer and demons of Nurgle to date.

I've been waiting for a tome so as to put the DoT back on the shelf for a while. I'm pretty sure to be dropping  some coin anyway. Those new GUO, gnarlmaw and herald models look  too good to pass on.

On 31.12.2017 at 5:41 PM, Killax said:

@Soulsmith yeah if you want them to be very daemonic metal is certainly possible. In addition for those who don't like the size of the Blight Tree you could also consider branching out with the Spines.

What makes the kit very interesting overall is that the pieces come seperate so you can use it for all kinds of ends. I tend to think that they would act very well as some Daemonic and evil looking Nurgle graden roots. 

More detail on the pieces:
99129999008_ShardwrackSpines04.jpg
- Like the Blight Tree the branches include skulls.

Pieces come seperate and look really Nurglesque to me:
99129999008_ShardwrackSpines06.jpg
- Add some bells and it's done! :D 

I build these as a nurgly scenery where papa nurgle keeps an eye (or a few eyes) on his gardens ;)

20171231_173238.jpg

20171231_173247.jpg

No harm in having more than one. I think the buzz around the new book justifies it. To be honest though,  that one seemed to be a bit lifeless. The new one has nearly twice the number of members already - there was obviously a demand for it. We're gonna be pretty active with the upkeep,  make sure there's stuff going on and it doesn't fall into ruin. Painting comp started today! ??

28 minutes ago, Percivael said:

Has anyone seen the profile for pusgoyle Blightlords? I was thinking ( hoping!) that those great big scythes would be 3 attacks -1 rend and 2 damage just like Bloab Rotspawned! Now that would be a decent shock calvary. 

I was under the impression they were lords 

3 hours ago, Percivael said:

Has anyone seen the profile for pusgoyle Blightlords? I was thinking ( hoping!) that those great big scythes would be 3 attacks -1 rend and 2 damage just like Bloab Rotspawned! Now that would be a decent shock calvary. 

That would be cool. Any added rend is welcome news. Also very eager to see their save and if they kept disgusting resilence and or blightsword ability.

6 minutes ago, FRoper said:

Are spiders associated with nurgle, as I was thinking of making a spider warshrine for my army? as I have a spare aracnorok spider. 

No not really, flies (since 2nd ed), maggots (4th ed), snails (AoS) and to much lesser extend crows (6th WFB) are. Basically everything that scavenges can be excused but that's about it. Something (most) spiders don't really do. 

Archived