Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

1 hour ago, FRoper said:

Also, are any varients of the chaos chariot any good?? as I have two unbuilt and as wondering if they are useful. 

The gorebeast isn't bad. However you need to choose carefully your targets, he can obliterate low save squad but it isn't capable of dealing with 5 libs for example

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

JanPreview-Dec19-Puscoyle5gej.jpg.jpg

Pusgoyles are up. Really slim article again, but basically confirms same movement as plague drones, and that the unit comes with options for another character, who I presume is the one on the right of the photo.

By character, do they mean a seperate unit too? So you'd end up with 2 Pusgoyles and 1 character?

Damn, that makes me sad.

That's everything? so I guess no pestigors or anything. And beasts will come in packs of 1?!? 

What confuses me a little, is that instead of adding more unit options, as we only have 2 battleline, they seem to be adding countless more heroes, a category in which we already had more than enough choices, imo. 

Regarding the Pusgoyles, it looks like boxes of 2, so if you want the character and a unit, you might have to get 2 boxes.

1 minute ago, LLC said:

Damn, that makes me sad.

That's everything? so I guess no pestigors or anything. And beasts will come in packs of 1?!? 

What confuses me a little, is that instead of adding more unit options, as we only have 2 battleline, they seem to be adding countless more heroes, a category in which we already had more than enough choices, imo. 

Regarding the Pusgoyles, it looks like boxes of 2, so if you want the character and a unit, you might have to get 2 boxes.

Ah yeah, thought a third was hiding behind the box to the left. 

I've already built my list for 2018, and have the minis, so I'll be getting the battletome first and maybe some characters, particularly anything that buffs my 60 plaguebearers and 10 BKs, but not sure about anything else. 

I really just wanted the beasts as battleline or something. I really really really just wanted a 3rd battleline option. 

I have 30 pbs, 20 more on the way, (so I'm short 10) and 5 kings. I was going to wait until all of the releases are done to buy anything else but as far as kings or PBs go, I can't see a reason to do so. 

1 minute ago, LLC said:

I really just wanted the beasts as battleline or something. I really really really just wanted a 3rd battleline option. 

I have 30 pbs, 20 more on the way, (so I'm short 10) and 5 kings. I was going to wait until all of the releases are done to buy anything else but as far as kings or PBs go, I can't see a reason to do so. 

I think wait till the battletome. Having a battletome is totally different to just a single alliance rule from blightwar. We'll have a huge combination of magics and powers and warscroll battalions along with new point costs and new units. There's no way to tell what will work. Your blightkings and plaguebearers are going to be great because the rules are the same as they are now but you have more characters to buff them and a points decrease for the BKs. 

1 minute ago, LLC said:

Agh! Makes me want to get 5 more kings then! 

Any guesses as to what this Blight tree will do? 

Not really! Haven't read enough fluff to know what it might mean for nurgle. Assume they'll discuss it tomorrow? We've got the Beasts of Nurgle and the tree left I think?

Thinking about it, I think what they did was: for mortals, who have the kings, the main thing that was missing was a "shock cav" unit, they they just gave us w the pusgoyle guys. Daemons had the drones, but were missing a slower beatstick unit, enter the new beasts. And that's it. 

My question for those who know more than me, I thought that for Khorne and Tzeench GW basically created almost entirely new army factions for them. (Khorn bloodbound and Tzeench arcanites). 

8 minutes ago, LLC said:

My question for those who know more than me, I thought that for Khorne and Tzeench GW basically created almost entirely new army factions for them. (Khorn bloodbound and Tzeench arcanites). 

Most of the nurgle units came out for the End Times, just before AoS, so they're relatively recent as it is!

1 minute ago, LLC said:

Oh really?  I thought that was just the blightkings

Glottkin, Blightkings and Maggoth Lords are End Times.  I also think Gutrot spume and Lord of Plagues are. The plagubearers are from 2012, same for the nurglings and the Plague Drones I think. 

I'm just saying when I go up against Tzeench arcanites all the models are crazy looking and new. 

Mostly I think I'm just butthurt that there Gors for khorne and tzeench but not us. Especially when pestigors already existed in the past. 

Khorne hasnt had gors since nurgle has. As much as I do want more models, I think this is unfortunately it. As stated, they're all relatively recent releases, with the end times basically being AoS releases. What we have gotten has filled holes with new units, added new characters that will probably make epic synergy, and we finally get command traits and artefacts, and probably keyword fixes.

I think people may be right in that GW logic is that, since pestilens is keyword nurgle, we have our beastmen. If they're in the book, we are golden. 

Just now, hughwyeth said:

Don't we have as many models as Tzeentch now though?

More, technically. There are just a ton of named characters in Rotbringers which some don't like for Matched play or whatever... But if your actully going to count it all there are more options here.

Thing is, Nurgle as a Keyword for the Chaos Gods actually has acces to the most units of all within Chaos. You've got Rotbringers, Daemons, Slaves to Darkness and Clan Pestilens. So really asking for more is actually missing the point of how much there alleady is ;) 

Archived