Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

13 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

For 20 points more, epidemius can provide the same buffs a chaos sorcerer lord does, but to every unit on the board with no range if you wait one or two turns..

I just dont understand peoples fascination with the CSL I guess. 

No doubt epidemius is more powerful in the long term, however, he doesn't quite fit into most plague touched warband battalion lists. If you can fit him in , hes a fairly  solid addition and doesn't need the harbinger to stick around.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

epidemius is a lot more difficult to hide than a small sorcerer. also since our list is already enough late-game oriented a bit of early game power only comes in handy. plus you have to kill 14 models, things by no means assured against certain armies. the sorcerer mounted is really cool for taking objective with his really good speed.

also he has a nice r1 saves that makes him a really cool choice. don't forget an extra dispel is often a really good thing in certain matchups.

i can see more epidemius in a grinding list with shooting. because you have to get there and don't let him die. remember that the tally ticks in your hero phase, waiting an entire turn before getting a buff is pretty bad actually.

55 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

I’ll have look that up thanks.

Another question, where is it written that  you can take a mixed Nurgle force of clan pestilence, daemons and rotbringers? Some people I play against are questioning if it’s actually possible. I’m sure it is, but would like to be able to show them in the rules somewhere. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/chaos-warscroll-updatesgw-homepage-post-4/

They talk about it right on the bottom. If it's nugle keyword, it's nurgle allegiance. Sooooo pestilence, daemons, slaves to darkness marked appropriately, rotbringers and the esoteric tamurkhan's horde qualify

3 hours ago, robotnik_taco said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/15/chaos-warscroll-updatesgw-homepage-post-4/

They talk about it right on the bottom. If it's nugle keyword, it's nurgle allegiance. Sooooo pestilence, daemons, slaves to darkness marked appropriately, rotbringers and the esoteric tamurkhan's horde qualify

Thank you! 

Hi all,

which Maggoth Lord?

I bought a box set of those Maggoth Lords and now I'm wondering which one I should build. I'm heavily leaning towards Twiceborn, because I love Nurglings and he seems to be the best melee fighter out of those three options. Though there seems to be some reason to run Rotspawned too (good shooting, good spell casting?). 

So whats the right one?

Poor Orghotts, he is my favorite Maggoth Lord in terms of appearance as he is basically a  nurgle Chaos Lord on top of a maggot monster 9_9

I am very slow at building and painting my models and have a lot on my plate already, so i decided to keep my Maggoth Lord in the box until we get any Nurgle news, abilities, artifacts.

Maybe there is a chance that i will build Orghotts at that time, if he becomes even  slightly viable by then.

Going to a 2k tournament shortly and thought I might try something different.

Battalion - Daemon Cohort of Nurgle

Epidemius

Great Unclean one - General, Command Trait - Lord of War, Artifact of Chaos - Favor of the gods.

Herald of Nurgle

Herald of Nurgle

Verminlord Corruptor

20 x Plaguebearers of Nurgle

3 x Nurglings

3 x Nurglings

3 x Nurglings

3 x Plague Drones

The idea is to simply spam the board hold objectives with resilient troops. Thought I would try out the Verminlord Corruptor as he does have the nurgle keyword, is big and will likely provide a good distraction while I play to objectives. Plus he seems pretty good at horde killing.

Anyone tried a similar list, have any criticism or ideas?

1 hour ago, Hightime said:

Epidemius

Great Unclean one - General, Command Trait - Lord of War, Artifact of Chaos - Favor of the gods.

Herald of Nurgle

Herald of Nurgle

Verminlord Corruptor

3 x Nurglings

3 x Nurglings

3 x Nurglings

3 x Plague Drones

The idea is to simply spam the board hold objectives with resilient troops. Thought I would try out the Verminlord Corruptor as he does have the nurgle keyword, is big and will likely provide a good distraction while I play to objectives. Plus he seems pretty good at horde killing.

A while ago someone explained to me why you should never take plaguebros in groups of 20. 10 or 30 is best. 

I just wanted to get some thoughts on a list I'm running against my friend. 

2k--

Exhalted greater daemon of Nurgle

Daemon Prince of Nurgle

Bloab Rotspawned

30 Plaguebros

10 Plaguebros

6 drones

5 Blightkings

5 Blightkings

The idea here is to have 3 strong group. Daemon prince w drones on the side. And then Bloab will be bubblewrapped by 30 plaguebros While the exhalted greater daemon can run alone or w the blightkings. 

I'm currently 70 points over 2k - taking out the 10 plaguebros might be the move, but I liked the idea of having 10 to summon. Any thoughts as to who should be my general? Any other thoughts? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hightime said:

Epidemius

Herald of Nurgle

Herald of Nurgle

Verminlord Corruptor

3 x Nurglings

3 x Nurglings

3 x Nurglings

3 x Plague Drones

Plaguebearers go in units of 30 or 10, never 20.  Daemon cohort of Nurgle cannot be used in matched play, and for a good reason -is too strong.

6 minutes ago, LLC said:

I just wanted to get some thoughts on a list I'm running against my friend. 

2k--

Exhalted greater daemon of Nurgle

Daemon Prince of Nurgle

Bloab Rotspawned

30 Plaguebros

10 Plaguebros

6 drones

5 Blightkings

5 Blightkings

The idea here is to have 3 strong group. Daemon prince w drones on the side. And then Bloab will be bubblewrapped by 30 plaguebros While the exhalted greater daemon can run alone or w the blightkings. 

I'm currently 70 points over 2k - taking out the 10 plaguebros might be the move, but I liked the idea of having 10 to summon. Any thoughts as to who should be my general? Any other thoughts? 

Thanks!

For the general OFC choose the guo. 

I would drop the blightkings for some plague toads, they are far more resilient. Cool list anyway.

Even glottkins are dead? I knew about the maggoth lords but not them!

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

Talisman and cunning deceiver for me are good choices. Or you could go with a runeblade for harder hitting. 

I still prefer the talisman.

Ye toads are incredibly expensive

Oh word. I mostly play vs Seraphon right now so I go for the +1 to hit vs Order thingy.

And yeah, the toads are insane! Why are they so pricey? 

Are people hopeful that the fact that nothing is on the site is a sign of good things coming??

The Glottkin are not dead in the lore -  “Marching alongside such festering folk heroes as the Glottkin or the toweringly arrogant Gutrot Spume, great warbands of Putrid Blightkings drone out songs of war.”  Grand Alliance Chaos p122.

I love that extract by the way! The whole idea of the Blightkings singing warsongs as they relentlessly march into battle is very evocative!

Archived