Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

On 8/29/2017 at 3:42 PM, MidasKiss said:

These beasts of nurgle are shown off in the new community post about Horticulux. Looks like the old models, no? emoji20.png 7841134693651d286f391ed96da502c1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reaper minis has a ton of inexpensive Beast of Nurgle alternatives.  I'm using a large burrowing leech-kinda-thing.  I like the model a lot, especially since it really does look like the larval form of a Plague Drone (which it SHOULD).

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to see what happens to the Plaguebeasts aswell. While those are certainly the older models there is new art on them and I wouldn't be suprised if GW actually created them in that form for Age of Sigmar.

Snailbro most certainly makes Beasts of Nurgle a very worthy inclusion and I do believe that the intend is to make all those Daemonic units function in one way or another.

What I hope is that Nurgle's Rotbringers will be a Battletome soon :) 

3 hours ago, Aelford said:

I'm about to start my conversion of him, just holding off to see if there's a nice new plastic kit released for him.

Me too. Been using a proxy for a few month now and I even got all the parts I am going to use just waiting. But I suspected that a new model was on its way. However after seeing that the Death guard gets a new tallyman I became unsure. Will hold off until DG release is done.

So in the latest Community post, they argue for including  Herald of Nurgle in an AoS army for its potential of "providing some much needed magical support to the army".

Which I thought was kind of a tragic mistake (playing too much 40k?). I do wish our Herald had at least the magical ability of a single pink horror. :( 

Link

1 minute ago, mdkinker said:

So in the latest Community post, they argue for including  Herald of Nurgle in an AoS army for its potential of "providing some much needed magical support to the army".

Which I thought was kind of a tragic mistake (playing too much 40k?). I do wish our Herald had at least the magical ability of a single pink horror. :( 

Link

Saw that also :(

Would be nice if it was a slip of things to come, but just as likely it was a mistake or someone not massively into nurgle wrote it. I'd originally thought they would have a spell each also!

They could do it for sure though as Daemons in general and the Mortal and Daemonic Wizards of Nurgle currently seem so-so when compaired to Skaven Wizards. 

Something that makes it very likely this indeed will actually accur is that in 40K they are Psykers and indeed know one Psychic Power. 
On the other hand Horticulous Slimux isn't a Wizard and resembles a Herald of Nurgle on a snail to me...

:D Once the Battletome does hit I think we'll be in for some cool suprises! Again the fact that Death Guard looks extremly solid on paper only spells a very positive sound on how well they will preform eventually in Age of Sigmar. This is just simply based on how Khorne Daemonkin's Blood Tithe table was directly updated and upgraded into Blades of Khorne.

Cheers,

Purposed 2k List ...

Allegiance: Nurgle

Harbinger of Decay (140)
- General
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- Runestaff
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

Horticulous Slimux (380)

30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (270)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
5 x Putrid Blightkings (180)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
5 x Beasts Of Nurgle (300)

Total: 1990/2000

Think it would be fun and showcases the fun stuff Nurgle has access to. The Beasts buffed by Slimux and the Drones with the prince should be fast enough to get to opponents objectives while plague bearers hod the center flanked by the blight kings buffed by the Harbinger. Thinking Runeblade and Spiteful Destroyer on the Harbinger to give me a little more of a punch somewhere.

Hi guyz i want to try Pure daemons of nurgle army check my list ;)"

1500pkt

Exalted Greater Deamon of Nurgle:General,cunning deciver,runic weapon 400pkt

30x Plaguebearers 270pkt

30x Plaguebearers 270pkt

3x Plague Drones 220pkt

3x  Plague Drones 220pkt 

Tell me this is any sence? making pure daemon army list? maybe combine with some mortals?

1 hour ago, FRoper said:

i don't think the exalted greater demon cannot take artifacts or traits as it is a special character

We've had this discussion a few times.

It works the same as a gaunt summoner. There is nothing stopping you from taking items on it.

Plaguetouched warband i think to bring at a tournament in october (not Sure if i will go but at least i build up a list )

Allegiance: chaos

Harbinger of decay (general): chaos talisman, cunning deceiver or the 5+ unpredictable destruction 140

Bloab rotspawned 240

Chaos sorcerer lord, mark of Nurgle 160

14 chaos knights 580

14 chaos warriors 270

10 chaos marauders 60

10 chaos marauders 60

10 putrid blightkings 360

Plaguetouched warband 100

Tot 1970

I get a higher chance of a triumph (reroll hits is awesome on blightkings)

I used 1 unit of 10 cause otherwise one unit would have been outsider the plaguetouched.

I have a decente force with really high saves (reroll 1s for oracular visions and mystic shield), good speed (knights, bloab).

2 marauders can hold objective pretty well ans are really cheap. The -1 to be hitten in cc helps their survivability a lot.

Bloab has a ton of utility and is decently tanky

I am undecided about the trait cause shooting is not a great problem in my zone but may decide to take anyway the cunning deceiver (avoiding these 6s on longstrykes is really useful).

What do you think? 

On 9/15/2017 at 5:14 AM, ChaosUnited said:

Still hoping for some more mortal infantry.... and a few different cavalry units straight out of the garden such as toads, cockroaches and centipedes. I'm probably setting myself up for dissapointment with that but oh well! 

we already have cav toads from forge world

Archived