Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

20 minutes ago, uebelst4r said:

How can i fit another Battleline in a 1k List with GUO?  Can i find any examples somewhere?

Guo 340

30xbearers 320

5xblightkings 160

Still 180 points :

Festus (140) and an endless spell of 40 points

Or

Gutrot (140) and an endless spell of 40

Or

Sorcerer (120) and an end. Sp of 60

Or 

Daemon prince (160) the wall end. Sp of 20 points

Or

2 units of chaos warriors 90 points each for objectives

I prefer lists with sorcerer or Festus since blades of putrefaction are great on plaguebearers buffed by guo command, in 1k games 1 unit of blight kings can go on its own and kill things or Def alone an objective

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

The battletome was made for AoS 2, so it would be surprising if they did. We have decent summoning (now free!), which is taken into account points wise- we all thought our units were a little expensive in AoS 1.0. In 2.0 I imagine we won't feel that way anymore. It's quite possible to summon 10 plaguebearers or even 3 plague drones (for free!!) in a game, especially if you build a list to generate a load more contagion points. 

I'm unsold on summoning.... contagion points are easy to deny. Just put a chaff unit next to the tree and no d3 CP...... 1 measly MW on a 4+ is nothing to fear in any event.

Your OPPO still need to move there, I don't think many will go for trees since they need to be summoned 9" away from OPPO units 

I will move a unit only to deny 1-3 points? I think no, if it's a coincidence it's only cause the nurgle player placed the tree in a bad spot since u can't summon new units near OPPO ones

The only reason to place trees near spots your enemy could move to is to deny a big unit to pass through placing it near others sceneries or to block a large base unit to come in a spot

This has been the way to play it in my neck of the woods..... denying those 1-3 points is going to be glaringly obvious to any opponent so as to deny summoning anything of high point value. I have always been one of the 'I want my stuff on the table' school of thought. Too many variables to rely on a late game summon to win. The game may not even last long enough to amass the points needed.

This will be my first List in 2.0:

Allegiance: Nurgle
The Glottkin (420)
- Lore of Malignance: Blades of Putrefaction
Great Unclean One with Bell and Bileblade (340)
- General
- Trait: Grandfather's Blessing 
- Artefact: The Witherstave 
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Horticulous Slimux (220)
20 x Chaos Marauders (120)
- Flails & Shields
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Total: 1940 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 132

Drop a second Tree in the first round.

so 1. Round: 6-10 points

2. Round : +5-11 points, depends on scenario and oppponent.

so a GUO on turn 3 could be real.

Starting with 2 Commandpoints so drones or Plaguebearers can be buffed +2 attacks, we just need the Blades of Putrefaction to kill even the toughest enemies.

What do you think?

48 minutes ago, calcysimon said:

Your OPPO still need to move there, I don't think many will go for trees since they need to be summoned 9" away from OPPO units 

I will move a unit only to deny 1-3 points? I think no, if it's a coincidence it's only cause the nurgle player placed the tree in a bad spot since u can't summon new units near OPPO ones

The only reason to place trees near spots your enemy could move to is to deny a big unit to pass through placing it near others sceneries or to block a large base unit to come in a spot

Not sure I agree tbh. I’m my opinion the run & charge mechanic is a more consistent approach to using gnarlmaws than summoning. 

So my first tree is always placed mid board to increase my options from a mobility stand point. Then my further 1 or 2 tree placements will be situational. 

In addition, with the increased number of deepstriking and/or more mobile units, I don’t think there is anywhere on the board where enemies can’t get to. 

2 minutes ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Not sure I agree tbh. I’m my opinion the run & charge mechanic is a more consistent approach to using gnarlmaws than summoning. 

So my first tree is always placed mid board to increase my options from a mobility stand point. Then my further 1 or 2 tree placements will be situational. 

In addition, with the increased number of deepstriking and/or more mobile units, I don’t think there is anywhere on the board where enemies can’t get to. 

Also, CPs used to summon more trees are not available for units.....

12 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Also, CPs used to summon more trees are not available for units.....

Correct. 

I will only be placing additional trees when absolutely necessary to get chargers off. 

A tree paid for in turn one (if you’re lucky enough to roll for 3 contagion points), may not pay for itself till turn 4! 

4 hours ago, Cchalmers said:

With the amount of points required to summon a unit of 3 Plague Drones, are you better off including them in your army rather than hoping to summon?

They have such a good damage output when followed by a daemon hero with 'Witherstave' to add to their survivability, I don't want to go without. 

I also really don't want to use menagerie and I'm wondering if anyone has tested how good Nurgle are at summoning without that?

Cheers!

I agree with this. I've yet to make a list without drones. I have additional models however so if I have an opportunity to summon them I will certainly take it! I love Witherstave so much! When you get into a juicy* combat AND the dial is in the correct position, opponents are re-rolling 6s for hits and wounds, its amazing. Lets call it the 'despair-bomb' going forward. 

*In the case of Nurgle... literally. 

7 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

Run/charge is good, but I realized last night is inefficient with my affliction cyst plans. The same command point to trigger 6" run could be used to just trigger LoA's command twice. 

Saving 60 points and real money from not buying Cogs.  OK, I'll probably add Cogs anyway...

9 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

Hi guys, hopefully a quick question:

What size bases should Festus and the Lord of Plagues be on?

Lord of Plagues comes with 40mm (same as lord of Blights, and the Blightkings)
Festus comes with 32mm. 

13 minutes ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

I figured LoP would match the LoB and Blightkings. Festus though... hmm. This is a pickle.

I think he does now- i believe they sell him with the 40mm. I'm pretty sure festus is still on the larger base size. 

Archived