Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Open that 1k pdf. For some reason I'm having a problem posting what I want.....¬¬

Wow, I totally missed that link first time around. That's a good idea: I can back up the Plaguebearers with Poxbringer and the Blightkings with Gutrot. Thanks!

Now I just have to paint up the Blightkings, Festus, Gutrot, a Sorcerer, and two more Gnarlmaws before Saturday morning...easy, right? :S

Yea you never want to run Gutrot if you not using him to deepstrike your blightkings he just aint worth it. Festus is miles better for the points. also i would never run units of 20 plaguebearers they loose the flies too quick and they dont hold an objective better than 10 and arnt a better wall or tarpit than 30 so stick to 10's for sitting on objectives and 30's as barriers and tarpits. so if your going to take 40 do a 10 and a 30 instead of 2 x 20s. 

6 hours ago, josh1989 said:

Yea you never want to run Gutrot if you not using him to deepstrike your blightkings he just aint worth it. Festus is miles better for the points. also i would never run units of 20 plaguebearers they loose the flies too quick and they dont hold an objective better than 10 and arnt a better wall or tarpit than 30 so stick to 10's for sitting on objectives and 30's as barriers and tarpits. so if your going to take 40 do a 10 and a 30 instead of 2 x 20s. 

I think Plaguebearers are 30 or nothing. If I want something to camp on objectives I would rather save the points and take Marauders instead. 

In a match Against Death, Im Thinking  to take Rotigus  to Snipe héroes with His Spell, Good idea or should I Take Vanilla Guo instead?

My army (1500) Will Be Something like That

1 Rotigus?

1 Festus

1 Lord of afflictions

30 plaguebearers

3 Plague drones

10 Chaos marauders

1 plagueClaw or cygor?

Thx!

21 hours ago, Euphanism said:

Wow, I totally missed that link first time around. That's a good idea: I can back up the Plaguebearers with Poxbringer and the Blightkings with Gutrot. Thanks!

Now I just have to paint up the Blightkings, Festus, Gutrot, a Sorcerer, and two more Gnarlmaws before Saturday morning...easy, right? :S

Easy Peasy!:D

1 hour ago, Spiny Norman said:

I wonder if there actually is a way to mix Rotbringers / Demons in a competitive enviroment or should you go all in?

I don't think if Sprume and BK's deepstrike are worth it. Maybe a LoA + Drones bomb, since he's got the demon hero keyword.

Guo/EGUO in a plaguetouched list is cool. 

Hi Guys, can you help me to Optimize this List? It's competitive for you?

herbringer / General / R esiliant / whiterstave 

festus / blade Of put / 

caos sorcer lord / shield Of growth / plate squall

10 putrid

10 putrid

10 putrid

2 pusgoyle 

2 pusgoyle

plaguetuched

pt 2000 / 2000

tks to ALL nurgle fan

3 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

Nurgle List question:

On Azyr app 'Nurgle' is list as an allegiance on its own, as opposed to Maggotkin or Daemons of Nurgle,  is this correct?

3 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

...reason for asking is that Plague Toads come up as Battleline under 'Nurgle' allegiance but don't appear at any other time for Maggotkin or Daemons, even as Allies!

App is unfortunately not 100% accurate on what is legal under list building. Many problems and inconsistencies.

Toads are only battle line if you have the Tamurkhan’s Horde Allegiance. However any NURGLE unit may be taken in a NURGLE Army with no issue on allies. For example all clan pestilens are nurgle and can be taken in a nurgle army, but they are not battlelines.

2 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

App is unfortunately not 100% accurate on what is legal under list building. Many problems and inconsistencies.

Toads are only battle line if you have the Tamurkhan’s Horde Allegiance. However any NURGLE unit may be taken in a NURGLE Army with no issue on allies. For example all clan pestilens are nurgle and can be taken in a nurgle army, but they are not battlelines.

Which incidentially is correct on Scrollbuilder.

@fredster4050 Try and run your list through on https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/ it's usually correct, or being corrected fairly quickly, if we alert Tony ( @scrollbuilderdude ) here on TGA.

4 hours ago, Lord sv said:

Hi Guys, can you help me to Optimize this List? It's competitive for you?

herbringer / General / R esiliant / whiterstave 

festus / blade Of put / 

caos sorcer lord / shield Of growth / plate squall

10 putrid

10 putrid

10 putrid

2 pusgoyle 

2 pusgoyle

plaguetuched

pt 2000 / 2000

tks to ALL nurgle fan

Nice! But you definetely miss a Lord of Affliction with the Rustfang. 

I am confused, to have Nurgle allegiance you must have Nurgle key word?

To be in a Nurgle army you must belong to either Maggotkin, Daemons, Rotbringers, Tamurkhan’s, Pestilens or Chaos and yet I can't find a way of combining units from these forces under the Nurgle Allegiance banner, either through Warscroll Builder or Azyr? 

Where do I go for that?

Also on Azyr Toads are 100 for 3, going up to 320 for 12, but on Warscroll they are 400 for 12? Which one is right?

7 minutes ago, fredster4050 said:

I am confused, to have Nurgle allegiance you must have Nurgle key word?

To be in a Nurgle army you must belong to either Maggotkin, Daemons, Rotbringers, Tamurkhan’s, Pestilens or Chaos and yet I can't find a way of combining units from these forces under the Nurgle Allegiance banner, either through Warscroll Builder or Azyr? 

Where do I go for that?

There is no way to do that because it’s automatic. If you select Nurgle as your allegiance, your army may include any unit/warscroll with the Nurgle keyword. As long as you have battleline units (which can be plague bearers, blightkings, warriors and marauders with mark of Nurgle, not plage monks though!) your are set.

1 minute ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

There is no way to do that because it’s automatic. If you select Nurgle as your allegiance, your army may include any unit/warscroll with the Nurgle keyword. As long as you have battleline units (which can be plague bearers, blightkings, warriors and marauders with mark of Nurgle, not plage monks though!) your are set.

Thank you, really helpful.

Any guidance on Toad cost?

19 hours ago, fredster4050 said:

Nurgle List question:

On Azyr app 'Nurgle' is list as an allegiance on its own, as opposed to Maggotkin or Daemons of Nurgle,  is this correct?

In azyr, Nurgle has all the correct options (command traits and items) and troop choices. Maggotkin and demons don't contains all the troop choices and limit you for no reason. Demon for example doesn't even let you add a demon prince with a nurgle mark except as an ally.

Archived