Stormcast Competitive

Erdemo86

Hi guys, what do you think about my list. I won a lot of games with it. Do you have any tips or critism to make it better?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight-Venator (120)
- Artefact: Luckstone  
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Lord-Celestant (100)
- General / Staunch Defender
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Lightning Chariot

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Maces
10 x Paladin Protectors (400)
- 4x Starsoul Maces
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins(80)
- 1x Stormsurge Tridents
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)

Battalions
Hammerstrike Force (120)

Total: 2000/2000

Hello.

Kinda hard to say.

You said that you won a lot of game witht hat one but can you tell us how they went? What did you fight? how was the outcome?

At first sight there is no inhérent contradiction in your list or misplaced things. It may all depends on what are your opponents or the competitiveness of your club.

Kozo.

Have you come across anyone with decent knowledge of SCE that would know to focus down the Prosecutors? 6 wounds even with a 2+ save is quite easy for some armies to clear off at range.

It's quite similar to the list I'm going towards except I have all Liberators and use the extra points to up the Prosecutors to 6 and make the 10 Protectors into Retributors.

11 hours ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Have you come across anyone with decent knowledge of SCE that would know to focus down the Prosecutors? 6 wounds even with a 2+ save is quite easy for some armies to clear off at range.

I tell my opponents what the prosecutors do before I play (usually) because I am like that.

It means I'm always playing as if my opponent is on top of my army's rules. And so I've to be careful based on the composition of the opponent force instead of based on whether my opponent is in the know or not.

I've not faced a heavy shooting list with a lot of range yet when doing so.

So in essence I deploy and play carefully or aggressively based on whether I can screen them or keep them out of range.

Usually I have them in the celestial realm and use scions. If scions is too soon I put them near relictors who are out of all relevant threat ranges as the rest of the army does its thing. Then the prosecutors are lightning charioted at a convenient time.

When releasing paladins, I usually risk keeping 1 unit in reserve. With 2 units of paladins out (leaving one in reserve - Celestial Vindicators) the opponent has more to think about than prosecutors (usually - not always) but it also means they can't relax their objective control elsewhere so it prevents reinforcements from focusing on a single spot if that makes sense.

Ofc sometimes it means I'm left with 5 paladins needing to make 9" charges but in those cases I usually deploy them defensively and/or with a chance for a double turn.

I have converted my prosecutors from the starter box with liberator shields and Protector's blades and for some reasons, my opponents thing they are some close combat monsters, spartan warriors that craves for their virgin blood until i explain them that they are quite weak the closer you come to them.

Even there, i sometimes earn some dubious look until i put their nose on the warscroll to prove that i am not tricking them into some trap.

Prosecutors look so badass.

To avoid such misunderstanding, my next generation of prosecutors are converted with the Hurrican crossbows from the raptors. At least they look like a shooty unit.

Archived