Kharadron Overload. Kev's KO Plog

Minor update. Managed an hour or so this evening on finally building my endrinriggers. 3 grapnel launchers then 9 standard aethermatic saws. Extensive contemplation (and the occasional bit of tactical advice gleaned from here and WhatsApp) leads me to believe this will suit my purposes. 

Glued the flying stands to bases as well. Not that exciting but still happy to have made progress. 

IMG_20170815_233536.jpg

IMG_20170815_233547.jpg

Making my way through the plastic backlog. Built Brokk on my lunch today and found 5 mins to put together a base that'll match the others once painted. 

Apologies for bare plastic updates. On to painting soon. Although still got loads more arkanauts to build and paint too. And my Ironclad too!

IMG_20170816_221515.jpg

IMG_20170816_221526.jpg

Not a P/M update, but how glad am I that I didn't buy any Grundstock Thunderers so far. 

Feel bad for anyone who did spam weapons on their Thunderers, but given their OPness can't be too surprised. Still waiting with hope/fear that points/rules changes don't hit my Arkanauts force too hard. 

Wouldn't be too surprised if I end up buying some Thunderers now though, as they look fun. :-p

• 3 weeks later...

Been off with a cold/flu so steady progress being made. 

6 Endrinriggers are 3 colours and a wash now. Stupid flying bases were/are a pain in the bottom. They look very gold so will be a priority for detail work/extra colours before the tournament in a few weeks. 

2 Aether-Khemists got a little more paint, mostly so I can differentiate in-game between which one has the earburster and not. 

Ironclad is built and sprayed, still awaiting 6mm acrylic rid for fixing to its base. 

2k tourney in 2 weeks and this is my (1drop:D) list. Not tremendously confident. Other KO player coming has a tremendous amount of endrinriggers that I just don't have time to do. I don't know why I haven't gone named Skyport except I really wanted run and shoot in turn 1 as well as grudge and I guess I want to be a special snowflake and not run zilfin or urbaz. 

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Artycle: Settle the grudges
Amendment: Prosecute war with all haste
Footnote: There's no trading with some people

Leaders
Endrinmaster (140)
- General
- Trait: Prospector 
- Artefact: Gattlesson's Endless Repeater
Aether-Khemist (140)
- Artefact: Aethershock Earbuster 
Aether-Khemist (140)

Battleline
40 x Arkanaut Company (480)
- 12x Light Skyhooks
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Skypikes
10 x Arkanaut Company (120)
- 3x Aethermatic Volley Guns

Units
6 x Endrinriggers (240)
- 2x Grapnel Launchers

War Machines
Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun: Aethermatic Volley Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: The Last Word

Battalions
Iron Sky Command (140)

Total: 1960/2000

IMG_20170906_195644.jpg

IMG_20170906_201744.jpg

IMG_20170906_201648.jpg

IMG_20170906_201708.jpg

3 minutes ago, Tzaangor Management said:

These are awesome, I absolutely love the bronze colour scheme against the base. Really want to try something along these lines.

As to the ship, I think it looks fine on that size flying stand and would suggest checking the comp for your tournament, as I suspect some of them are overlooking the measure base-to-base rule now ;)

Thanks for the kind comments. :D GW Gold spray is such a massive time saver. 

Thankfully all the Scottish events I tend to attend still have the base to base rule baked in to their event packs. (Example below) so no worries on that front. 

Screenshot_20170909-111044.png

2 hours ago, yarrickson said:

Thanks for the kind comments. :D GW Gold spray is such a massive time saver. 

Thankfully all the Scottish events I tend to attend still have the base to base rule baked in to their event packs. (Example below) so no worries on that front. 

Screenshot_20170909-111044.png

I meant more that nothing could hurt your ship and you could rain fiery death down on your opponents, but it looks like your TO's are wary xD

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kev,  Im the 3rd KO player going to the Howling, my list is more a middle ground but hopefully still got a bit of punch to it. Im not the best player so ill probably still end up on the bottom tables. I went for a named port Mhornar, mainly for the first turn run-shoot as I think it could work pretty well too. 

Looking forward to seeing your Kharadrons in the flesh, they look great.  Could you tell me how you did your red overalls??  Mine are a red scheme but struggled to get the overalls looking like cloth not armour.

Ta,

Rich

1 minute ago, stato said:

Hi Kev,  Im the 3rd KO player going to the Howling, my list is more a middle ground but hopefully still got a bit of punch to it. Im not the best player so ill probably still end up on the bottom tables. I went for a named port Mhornar, mainly for the first turn run-shoot as I think it could work pretty well too. 

Looking forward to seeing your Kharadrons in the flesh, they look great.  Could you tell me how you did your red overalls??  Mine are a red scheme but struggled to get the overalls looking like cloth not armour.

Ta,

Rich

Hi Rich. Less than a week to go. Looking forward to seeing you and Andy's KO too as not seen many 'in the flesh'. Looks like it'll be a good day of fun games as nothing too horrific list wise other than the 4 Jabberslythe tzeentch list. 

The overalls are just Troll Slayer Orange with a heavy wash of Agrax Earthshade. Nothing fancy at all, and I'll warn you now, looks horrific close up xD

I've got the first turn run n shoot as well, I think it might just be hubris that means I haven't gone for a named skyport. I'll probably find I regret it by the end of Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, yarrickson said:

Hi Rich. Less than a week to go. Looking forward to seeing you and Andy's KO too as not seen many 'in the flesh'. Looks like it'll be a good day of fun games as nothing too horrific list wise other than the 4 Jabberslythe tzeentch list. 

The overalls are just Troll Slayer Orange with a heavy wash of Agrax Earthshade. Nothing fancy at all, and I'll warn you now, looks horrific close up xD

I've got the first turn run n shoot as well, I think it might just be hubris that means I haven't gone for a named skyport. I'll probably find I regret it by the end of Saturday. 

Thanks, ill give that overalls scheme a test, didnt think of starting light and just using shades rather than try to lighten up a base colour. Im sure the look fine though, agrax has a weird matt/stain effect sometimes but goes away if you lacquer it (not that I get that far with many models, currently my entire force for Saturday is half airbrushed, so while they may be finished they will not be looking special by game day ha!)

I think custom skyports have some merit given how many different things you can do with them and the units we have.  This will be my first game with them and the GHB2017 scenarios so really looking forward to it, should be great fun!  

See you there, Rich.

On 18/09/2017 at 5:10 PM, stato said:

Thanks, ill give that overalls scheme a test, didnt think of starting light and just using shades rather than try to lighten up a base colour. Im sure the look fine though, agrax has a weird matt/stain effect sometimes but goes away if you lacquer it (not that I get that far with many models, currently my entire force for Saturday is half airbrushed, so while they may be finished they will not be looking special by game day ha!)

I think custom skyports have some merit given how many different things you can do with them and the units we have.  This will be my first game with them and the GHB2017 scenarios so really looking forward to it, should be great fun!  

See you there, Rich.

Not sure if you've seen the draw. But were going to have all of game 1 to look at each others armies.... xD

Just now, yarrickson said:

Not sure if you've seen the draw. But were going to have all of game 1 to look at each others armies.... xD

Yes just seen it now :D, though I was going to scare people with my frigate, and now im facing an ironclad, gulp.  

I tried the orange, looked nice but decided it was too bright still against the red im using for my armour, so went back to my default of black cloth. 

Yesterday was the first outing for my freshly painted Kharadron Overlords from an un-named Barak. I had three very excellent, tough games. Overall I have to be happy with how they performed as any errors were of course mine (and there were many).

Game 1 was against the esteemed Stato AKA Rich. Thanks to him fluffing his endrinriggers attacks on my Ironclad in his turn 1, my 40 Arkanauts deleting his 30 Arkanauts in turn 1, and him not winning a priority roll until the game was essentially over, he was kind enough to let me win. I understand he went on to win his next two games with his KO and hoovered up the Most Sporting award as well, to no-ones surprise as he was a gent to play. 

Game 2 I got one of my bogey lists, mixed chaos featuring 4 Jabberslythes, 30 bloodletters and a bloodsecrator, a gaunt summoner on balewind, 6 skyfires with a shaman and a bunch of cheap horrors and marauders.  Mission was duality of death, and despite taking off the skyfires, shaman, and 2 of the Jabbers his redundancies paid off as the bloodletter horde wiped off my army with the support of the Gaunt Summoner. 

Game 3 was against the standard Skyborne Slayers in battle for the pass. Went into this one feeling like I had no way of competing, so of course with that attitude I didn't. Looking back I could really make a game of this one by playing better. Of particular highlight was a Lord Celestant on foot who charged my Ironclad, had 2 wounds removed by The last Word Volley Gun and then the other 3 removed by "There's no trading with some people". 

This put me 17th out of 28 players. My worst finish in a Scottish tourney in some years, and the first in a long time I left without a prize :(

2 months until the next Tourney up here, so plenty of time to finish the other 80 Arkanauts and convert up 24 more light skyhooks. :D

Onwards and upwards. 

Hi Kev,

Was great meeting you and playing you on Saturday, your Kharadrons are lovely in the flesh. Sorry to hear you got that Jabberslyth list on the 2nd game, but you did table me so as you acknowledged at the time, its your own fault really :D.

Skyhooks variants look great, I need a few more too now so will be doing similar.

Cheers, Rich.

Archived