Kharadron Overload. Kev's KO Plog

As soon as I saw the KO teaser trailer I knew I'd be going in big and starting a force. To encourage myself to get on with them I've sold off my Khorne army and have a tournament in 5 weeks. And my wife has just had a baby. Wish me luck. 

So this is going to be a journey of speed but hopefully with a decent end result. 

Initial week 1 purchase was 12 boxes of arkanauts, book, cards. I've skipped week 2 as the Grundstock stuff seemed like it was going to be a pain in the bum to get right in game. Week 3 and I've ordered an Ironclad and Brokk. Next week should be the Aether Khemists, Endrinmaster and balloon boys. 

I knew from the start that I wanted to go orange/gold/cream on these guys. A scheme I'd tried previously on the "white dwarf in space suit" model many years ago, and that I tested out on some spare aelves I had lying around (see profile pic) with modern GW paints. 

Waiting for pre-orders I was able to pre-paint up a load of shattered dominion bases so at least they are all done (apart from ships bases, and Brokks annoyingly random 50mm). 

Pics attached are: 

Bases

Bare plastic arkanauts with skyhooks

Sprayed Arkanauts

Test arkanaut

Given the time frames involved I'm hoping for pretty frequent updates. Much more so than my old fyreslayer plog. 

Got a rough 2k idea in my head, but going to take a few weeks to get the code/sky port/items etc all worked out. Really don't want to end up with p6k mortars or the zilfin bomb, but will have to see what I end up with. My basis looks like Iron Sky Command so that I have a 1 drop. 

IMG_20170429_145643.jpg

IMG_20170426_165319.jpg

IMG_20170429_150826.jpg

IMG_20170429_212526_831.jpg

Crikey, that is some serious batch painting right there, good luck.

Are you planning on drilling out the barrels for the pistols? I'm really liking the barrel ends for the special weapons, shame they didn't include them for the pistols too, would make life so much easier. 

4 minutes ago, spidero said:

Crikey, that is some serious batch painting right there, good luck.

Are you planning on drilling out the barrels for the pistols? I'm really liking the barrel ends for the special weapons, shame they didn't include them for the pistols too, would make life so much easier. 

Sigh, I wasn't going to, but now you've said it I have to :-p

10 minutes ago, spidero said:

Haha, sorry dude. Just pretend I was never here. 

If I don't do it now its all I'll see when I look at the pistols though.

I just recently did 50 bolters on Marines as well so my poor fingers won't thank me for it. :-p

• 2 weeks later...

Really been struggling to get time to paint. My son has decided to go through a phase of wanting to sleep on Daddy and who am I to say no :P

Did manage some time with my clippers and poly-cement tonight though. Got my basic characters built. Can now build an aether-khemist in less than 4 minutes. 

Grey plastic update attached. 

IMG_20170514_195957.jpg

11 hours ago, yarrickson said:

Really been struggling to get time to paint. My son has decided to go through a phase of wanting to sleep on Daddy and who am I to say no :P

Did manage some time with my clippers and poly-cement tonight though. Got my basic characters built. Can now build an aether-khemist in less than 4 minutes. 

Grey plastic update attached. 

IMG_20170514_195957.jpg

5 chemists? oh my

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Kramer said:

Did you ever finish this project before your tournament? 

No I didn't quite get there. Ended up buying a painted Mooclan army at the last minute. Came 2nd with that out of 30 so can't complain. 

Plenty progress made and now hopeful I'll get to use them at EGGS at the end of the month instead. 

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

IMG_20170611_202127.jpg

IMG_20170613_224639.jpg

IMG_20170613_224706.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, valenswift said:

They look really good, which colours did you use?

Thanks!

The bases are a basecoat of thousand sons blue, with a heavy drybrush of temple guard blue and a light drybrush of baharroth blue. Then just nice thick blood for the blood god into the cracks and pallid wych flesh on the skulls. 

Going to get back on this army for GH2 now. 

Archived