Wanderers 1.5 K list

Dracothjay

4 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

3 mortal wounds on 9 waywatchers means 1/3 damage gone. 3 mortal wounds on 20 GG... not so much that is what I meant.

17 hits at 4+/4+ vs 15(13+2 on two six) hits at 3+/4+, not a great deal anyway (: I know, it scares at the first sight but is not a great threat at all. 

Sounds better 3x3 anyway, just for avoiding annoying battleshock tests.

But I'm considering to using both GG and WW. Once -3 still useful for me. 

On 5/10/2017 at 5:54 AM, Dracothjay said:

Personally, I prefer GG. Even after bodkins are used they still force save rolls, but I mainly use them for that niece per game bodkin strike. And when it hits it hits hard. I love them to be honest, overcosted though. 

I'm trying to come around to them for that.  I'm looking at your 20/10 configuration.  

1 hour ago, Cerve said:

I was thinking about 20-30 GG and 2x9 WW

I'm thinking,. 20 makes use of the ability, 30 is a commitment you want long term to do well.  with WWs I'm thinking 6 are good, you could run 3 x 6 WW with 18.

What do you think?

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

I'm thinking,. 20 makes use of the ability, 30 is a commitment you want long term to do well.  with WWs I'm thinking 6 are good, you could run 3 x 6 WW with 18.

What do you think?

The thing about GG's is that you need 20 of them for that +1 to hit. 30 makes me more comfy. 

30 GG and 2x6 WW seems fine

the real dealbreaker when it comes between Glade Guard and Waywatchers imo is the real-world price and scarcity of waywatchers in comparison to Glade Guard. Ive got 60-80 Glade Guard sitting around my apartment that will never all get used.

18 hours ago, Lavy said:

the real dealbreaker when it comes between Glade Guard and Waywatchers imo is the real-world price and scarcity of waywatchers in comparison to Glade Guard. Ive got 60-80 Glade Guard sitting around my apartment that will never all get used.

With the hoods and fancy cloaks, and Deepwood Scouts being removed I don't feel you can't make them work as WW.  In which case a single box gets you your BL.  The other option I thought was good for Scouts was Shadow Warriors but I don't know if that's a worthwhile warscroll for its' points.

On 2017-5-11 at 7:21 PM, Popisdead said:

What do you think?

Why 6 ww.. Just go MSU and max champ bonus and max enemy overkill and max not getting much battleshock losses.

How many times have we seen that (mis)reading of the first scenario? Five models is all it says. Those five don't have to be part of the same unit. You could have five separate heroes surrounding it if you wanted. I'd agree with the 2x3 setup. 2 x 3 can act exactly the same as a unit of six except they have the extra champ, they don't suffer battleshock as heavily and they can't both be targeted at once - a thundertusk could easily mop up a unit of six but, if you get your positioning right, he'll only be able to kill three if they are two units instead of one.

28 minutes ago, WAAAGHdogg15 said:

How many times have we seen that (mis)reading of the first scenario?

Twas the first time I saw this.. it says models and I've never seen it interpreted that way. :D 

29 minutes ago, WAAAGHdogg15 said:

2 x 3 can act exactly the same as a unit of six except they have the extra champ, they don't suffer battleshock as heavily and they can't both be targeted at once - a thundertusk could easily mop up a unit of six but, if you get your positioning right, he'll only be able to kill three if they are two units instead of one.

Yes those where my arguments indeed. The only reason to go 1x6 I think is if you intend to buff them with a single unit targetting spell or ability.

1 hour ago, Aezeal said:

Yes those where my arguments indeed. The only reason to go 1x6 I think is if you intend to buff them with a single unit targetting spell or ability.

I play regularly vs a Stormcast player who runs fulminators as 1x4 instead of 2x2 for exactly that reason. In the WW example though, I'd agree that 2x3 is almost certainly preferable :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Thalandor said:

there appears to be an agreement that you can field waywatchers in units of 3. But as far as I know, they have a minimum unit size of 5.

Just saying, dont want to build any illegal armies, do we.

Mmm nope, they are 3-12

4 hours ago, Thalandor said:

there appears to be an agreement that you can field waywatchers in units of 3. But as far as I know, they have a minimum unit size of 5.

Just saying, dont want to build any illegal armies, do we.

GHB overrules

Archived