Cleavers

Bloodreavers [10] 70
Axes

Bloodreavers [10] 70
Axes

[BATTALION] 

Gore Pilgrims 80

1500/2000

Not sure what to do with Artifacts, etc. But I'm thinking maxing out attacks on MLoK and the other one I have no idea. Any thoughts? It's not a super competitive scene but would love to have some synergy that won't fall flat. 

Thanks! :D

Doubling the attacks of the bloodstoker could be fun as he'd be at 12 attacks base between his two weapons then.  He's not going to be amazing at that point as he lacks rend but he'll serve in a pinch as another hero that could possible be a threat to your opponent outside of the MLoK.  Another option would be to give the stoker Gorecleaver which may be the better option.  Giving the Brazen rune to your Bloodsecrator isn't a bad idea either if you go up against a magic heavy army. 

58 minutes ago, Jharen said:

Doubling the attacks of the bloodstoker could be fun as he'd be at 12 attacks base between his two weapons then.  He's not going to be amazing at that point as he lacks rend but he'll serve in a pinch as another hero that could possible be a threat to your opponent outside of the MLoK.  Another option would be to give the stoker Gorecleaver which may be the better option.  Giving the Brazen rune to your Bloodsecrator isn't a bad idea either if you go up against a magic heavy army. 

Yeah, I was considering Brazen Rune, not that I know if I'll be up against a lot of magic, but it is field-wide so nice to have that without the need for range. And with a 36" bubble with the Secrator, I plan to keep him in cover. 

Great list as is! With 500 points left you can really go into all kinds of crazy combinations to make this force even better. 
First question in regards with your Mighty Lord of Khorne, you can't really go wrong with Mark of the Destroyer on him. As in, doubling his attacks up regardless of additional choices is allready very good. - I don't really think there is any reason to double up your Bloodstoker. He's easy to remove and doesn't nearly do the same in melee as your General potentially does. 

Now what is essential for Slaughterpriests to have in my opinion are big and steady blocks of Units to work with. Having your Blood Blessings is what makes this force click in the first place and with 500 points left you really have a lot to choose from.

My suggestion:
- Add 10 Skullreapers, 5 Skullreapers and amp up another Bloodreaver unit to 20. 
What this type of force allows for is to chew through opponents while presenting a ton of bodies that all work out a little bit differently. As a general strategy (if your local tournament does not House-rule that Prayers work the same as spells) I'd pick tripple Bronzed Flesh and Bronze Flesh the Blood Warriors (10), Blood Warriors (10) and Skullreapers (10). This type of backbone should arrive under most circumstances and meanwhile you can always decide to lure in your opponent or thow D6 Mortal Wounds at them. 

Another option to spend 500 points could be:
- Add 30 Bloodletters, amp up another Blood Warrior unit to 10 and consider what you like for the last 100 points.
This type of set up is the same as the above, with the difference that you now bring 4 really large units combined with 3 Slaughterpriest which most of the time allows you to buff the unit that has the most scare factor left. Will you pick the Bloodletters first then your opponent will likely have a good shot at them, then for the next turn you can likely choose an 'un-touched' Blood Warrior 10 man unit to repeat this process. 

What is important to note for this type of Khorne force is that the prime strenght should come from your massively buffed up units. Your almost getting there so I can only say continue that path. Because the moment they will actively try to thake out your Slaughterpriests is also the moment where the MLoK survives and the Bloodstoker or Bloodsecrator will also hang around. 

Lastly dont worry too much for movement and such, the Slaughterpriests' have 2 excellent modes and they are important to keep track of in regards to your opponent's army.
- Does he also run big blocks of units (30+)? Move them with Blood Bind
- Does he run multiple small blocks of units (10-20)? Blood Boil them 

Have fun, with this force you can certainly do it!

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Great list as is! With 500 points left you can really go into all kinds of crazy combinations to make this force even better. 
First question in regards with your Mighty Lord of Khorne, you can't really go wrong with Mark of the Destroyer on him. As in, doubling his attacks up regardless of additional choices is allready very good. - I don't really think there is any reason to double up your Bloodstoker. He's easy to remove and doesn't nearly do the same in melee as your General potentially does. 

Now what is essential for Slaughterpriests to have in my opinion are big and steady blocks of Units to work with. Having your Blood Blessings is what makes this force click in the first place and with 500 points left you really have a lot to choose from.

My suggestion:
- Add 10 Skullreapers, 5 Skullreapers and amp up another Bloodreaver unit to 20. 
What this type of force allows for is to chew through opponents while presenting a ton of bodies that all work out a little bit differently. As a general strategy (if your local tournament does not House-rule that Prayers work the same as spells) I'd pick tripple Bronzed Flesh and Bronze Flesh the Blood Warriors (10), Blood Warriors (10) and Skullreapers (10). This type of backbone should arrive under most circumstances and meanwhile you can always decide to lure in your opponent or thow D6 Mortal Wounds at them. 

Another option to spend 500 points could be:
- Add 30 Bloodletters, amp up another Blood Warrior unit to 10 and consider what you like for the last 100 points.
This type of set up is the same as the above, with the difference that you now bring 4 really large units combined with 3 Slaughterpriest which most of the time allows you to buff the unit that has the most scare factor left. Will you pick the Bloodletters first then your opponent will likely have a good shot at them, then for the next turn you can likely choose an 'un-touched' Blood Warrior 10 man unit to repeat this process. 

What is important to note for this type of Khorne force is that the prime strenght should come from your massively buffed up units. Your almost getting there so I can only say continue that path. Because the moment they will actively try to thake out your Slaughterpriests is also the moment where the MLoK survives and the Bloodstoker or Bloodsecrator will also hang around. 

Lastly dont worry too much for movement and such, the Slaughterpriests' have 2 excellent modes and they are important to keep track of in regards to your opponent's army.
- Does he also run big blocks of units (30+)? Move them with Blood Bind
- Does he run multiple small blocks of units (10-20)? Blood Boil them 

Have fun, with this force you can certainly do it!

Thank you so much for this write up. Very good advice! I didn't even think of buffing 3 large units with Bronze Flesh.

The Tournament now is 1500pts, so the list up there is it. But there will be 2k tourneys coming up and I will consider both options. I'm an old sucker for bloodletters. Played Khorne CSM back in like 2004. But 10 Skullreapers are just so dope as well. Ugh, chices, choices... ^^

Should I do still do all three priests with Bronze Flesh x2 on Blood Warriors and last on MLoK? Or should I consider on that has +1 hit or heal to buff one unit where needed?

Thanks again man, Really appreciate the time you spent on your answer!

3 hours ago, Killax said:

I think double Flesh is Tough to beat but tournament Houserules sometimes preventie this. If they do, pick hit bonus, healing is cool but that 3" range isnt.

Yeah at the moment we don't have any houserules, but I will see how OP Khorne could become and make restrictions then. 

Bronzed Flesh really is the bomb.com. You can use it every turn and it pays huge dividends in force multiplication. 

I would honestly not go into the game with any one unit in mind for it, and instead spread it to who needs it the most, just make sure you keep those Slaughterpriests huddled near the Bloodsecrator. 

Archived