Birth of a Skyport

Rizara

Greetings.   This is a painting thread for my slowly growing AoS army.   I decided to create my own sky port, mostly because I didn't like the color schemes of the 6 main ones in the book.   So to start, here is some background on my own Sky Port.

Barak-Wyr, the City of Winter.

Tempered by Cold Artic winds and the constant battles, Barak-Wyr Thrives in the Ghur, the Realm of Beasts.  Due to the constant struggles of combat, the wear and tear of the harsh winds and the cold, and the constant repairing of their fleet of ships, Barak-Wyr still manages to profit.  Trading almost exclusively with the City of Excelsis, the sky fleets scavenge ancient ruins as well as the Aether Gold of the skys for trade goods, metal, and relics.    If not for the continued repair and maintenance of their fleets, and the everpresent danger the Orruks, Ogors, Grots and other vile beasts, Barak-Wyr would be one of the wealthier sky ports.  To help protect the skyport, they have chosen to hide their city from the dangers that lurk in this realm by staying above most of the harsh arctic winds.  Because of this, the fleet captains and their crew have learned to navigate and ride the strong arctic current.    They have also learned to rely on their technology and the science that creates their air ship and keeps their proud city afloat.   Due to these conditions, the fleets emply a huge number of Edrinriggers to keep their ships in pristine fighting condition, and rarely does an airship leave the sky port without Edrinriggers tagging along.  

So the Code that Barak-Wyr follows is Master the Skys, Trust Aethermatics not superstition, and Without our ships we are naught.  

The color scheme is cool in nature, and will consist of turquoise under suit, white armor, and mostly silver metallic accents with some gold or copper thrown in.  Their gloves and boots are made of black leather, and the same colors will be applied to the air ships as well.  

To add some contrast to their bases, i have opted for a snow covered lava field, a mix of fire and ice.  

For now, all i have is the first arkanaut company and admiral assembled.   However I plan to add a second company, a unit of thunders, a frigate, an aether khemist and one unit of edrinriggers to bring the army to 1000 points.   After that I will push it to 2000 points, but I am mostly building a fluffy casual army, not a competive list.  

Sorry the picture is not great of quality, I will have to try again, i can't seem to get my photos to turn out very well, sometimes i get lucky most of the time they are blurry, dark, or lack detail.   However, this first image is just of grey plastic, so not much in the way of detail for now.  

DuradinWIP1.jpg

Archived