Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ben

Warhammer Fest so far…..

It’s not even lunchtime and it feels like I’ve been here hours!  So much cool stuff to see and do all in 1 place.

What I’ve done so far.

Spotted the artwork of new Sylvaneth stuff. Alerialle the goddess is on deeply in the section promoting a new Age of Sigmar book to be released this summer.  

img_2590-1.jpg
I’ve me the Warhammer TV team and got the selfie to prove it.  I was able to chat to them about the process around the YouTube videos and they were fantastic to chat with.

img_2627-1.jpg
I also got to look at the really cool armies form the Army Painter studio. I had a long talk with some of the team about quick ways of painting armies and have some dirty cheats to try out.  

img_2630-1.jpg
Next up was the Warhammer World studio and the model of their new Exhibition display Bing opened on June 18th.  They had also made a 3D Version of Warhammer Quest.

img_2633.jpgimg_2634.jpgimg_2636.jpgimg_2635.jpg
The top floor at the event is currently filled with the staff armies, but I guess tomorrow it will be for Golden Demon submissions

img_2637.jpg
My first stop was the forge world are to get the lowdown on the Bull Centaur Shar’Tor’s rules.  He has a ‘Deathmask scream’ and a 1 use only command ability.  Other than that it was pretty sealed lips.  But Alan was a great guy to chat to about the new model.

img_2604.jpgimg_2600.jpg
Next stop was the chap who painted the model.  He was very helpful in explaining things about paint that a mere mortal could never comprehend.  

img_2610-1.jpgimg_2612-1.jpgimg_2613-1.jpgimg_2614-1.jpgimg_2615.jpgimg_2616-1.jpg
The retail/trade area is the busiest by far.  Queues out of the door.

img_2625.jpgimg_2626.jpgimg_2624.jpg
I also had a catch up with James Hewitt.  He’s really happy to be able to talk about some of details of Blood Bowl.

Highlights were : Still set in ‘Bloodbowl land’ this is its own thing not attached to Age of Sigmar or the Old World.   Most of the old rules are remaining in tact.  So measures are being taken to limit the fact that teams get out of control in league play.  Lots of exciting things to come!!!

So my quick snack break is over, back to the fun!!!

Check out @baddice_podcast on Twitter and also find me on Snapchat for some videos from the event.  

The post Warhammer Fest so far….. appeared first on The Bad Dice Podcast.

View the full article

Home.

Event exclusive Photo Bombardment Formation time.

Misc

Cibi4SlXIAAtCCn.jpg

Cibi4SoWsAAe0Bn.jpg
Cibi4U8WEAEDxR9.jpg

Mistweaver Saih

CiaXe5LXAAAO_uJ.jpg

LotR stuff they were selling on the floor

CiaQL8ZWkAA8dP1.jpg
CiaQL8aWkAAbhVq.jpg
CiaRmVTXEAA3V4i.jpg

Hobbit

CiaaKeKWsAALTK1.jpg

Amazing conversion work

CibF3emXEAIUXUr.jpg
CibF3esXEAEq9C5.jpg
CibF3evW0AAvlzH.jpg
CibTW1hWkAAxpcX.jpg
CibTW5jWgAAxWQ-.jpg
CibTW8dXIAAgEvd.jpg

Mr Russ

CibBnQeWsAEQOTI.jpg

FW robots

CiaVGIpXAAATVCa.jpg
Ciah1rwWgAAprhA.jpg
Ciah1s3WEAEsU41.jpg
Ciah1ueXAAAVy3m.jpg

Bloodbowl

CiaheXSXAAAALjD.jpg
CiaTOC9WsAAEqS2.jpg
CiaTOKfWkAAc4Mj.jpg
CiaTOOOXEAAN3lD.jpg
CiaMQd8WkAACnou.jpg
CiaHOTwXEAAKoVM.jpg
CiaHJfAXEAAmImv.jpg
CiaHJfoXEAAG-Gp.jpg
CiaHJiTXIAIEBKN.jpg
CiaHEzEWUAAPxgj.jpg
CiaHE0wWEAA5L_n.jpg

AoS/Silver Tower art

CiaGt-vWEAAstQv.jpg
CiaGt_aWUAAa2xK.jpg

Nightlords

CiahZ4jWwAAJtV5.jpg
CiahZ61XEAAR-5H.jpg
CiahZ85XAAAzVtx.jpg

Last, and certainly not least, the Model of the Year:

CiaBL3LWUAAUYWs.jpg
CiaBL3JWEAA0-QP.jpg

• Like 1

Saw @Ben but didn't want to interrupt as he was clearly catching up with friends. Next time.

Got the chance to meet and chat to quite a few GW and FW people (some old school, some new). Met Tom Walton briefly too. Nice guy.

LOL Duncan's face! Man, I'm so jealous right now! Wish I lived in the England to stop by Warhammer World ever so often :( but thanks for the reports and excellent pictures fellas.

• Like 1

Looks like a blast @Ben! Thanks for all the great coverage so far...can't wait to see more tomorrow! Still geeking out about the pics you and @Dan Heelan posted with Duncan and Em! Epic...

I hope you guys got some audio or even better some video interviews with the two of them!

Cheers mate!

Photos didn't translate well!!! I'll re-post them tonight.